GamerGate: restart from last save

Kalbear

So last time we were talking about GamerGate and how awesome it is that people are able to say their side of a fight that boils down to whether or not you really support harassing people. SXSW originally started out wanting to hear both sides on the pro-harassment/anti-harassment thing, but then decided to have an online harassment summit instead.

People got a bit upset when a bunch of speakers that are basically all about supporting online harassment were going to be included in a summit on how to deal with harassment. The nerve!

And then, SXSW caved to the demands of the SJWs and moved the speakers speaking about the pros of harassing people to not be on the same day as an anti-harassment summit. Even worse, they've convinced the panelists of that program that what they're doing actually makes sense too!

It seems blatantly unfair to not include the pro harassing side in a place talking about fighting harassment, much like it's really unfair that debaters in the republican convention don't allow anarchosyndicalite nihilists to debate. 

The OP is the stupidest thing I've read in the past 2 minutes. Everyone knows that anarcho-syndicalism and nihilism are fundamentally incompatible philosophies. Therefore, OP is not arguing in good faith. QED. 

Signed, 

The Pro-Harassment Working Group of the Anarcho-Syndcalist Worker's Party 

The OP is the stupidest thing I've read in the past 2 minutes. Everyone knows that anarcho-syndicalism and nihilism are fundamentally incompatible philosophies. Therefore, OP is not arguing in good faith. QED. 

Signed, 

The Pro-Harassment Working Group of the Anarcho-Syndcalist Worker's Party 

Well, duh. That's why the republicans won't let them join the debates.

Way to post in good faith...

Misrepresent arguements and censor those who have a different opinion.  All through sarcasm.  Classic SJW although, you did forget to mention misogyny

How did I censor anyone? And yes, it was totally sarcasm. When both sides come to an agreement and both sides think that the result is a good thing, and you're the one who has a problem with it, chances are pretty good that you're the one in the wrong. 

Way to post in good faith...

Misrepresent arguements and censor those who have a different opinion.  All through sarcasm.  Classic SJW although, you did forget to mention misogyny

If you had an argument that didn't just blatantly attempt to obfuscate harassment and misogyny it might be worth listening to. Since the entire point of Gamergate is centralized around those two things, there probably isn't much to discuss. 

I would like it if someone from GG would just honestly reveal what their obvious agenda is. That would be refreshing. Also, there is no "sides" to this discussion. There are asshats harassing people along with those who support them, and there is everyone else. 

And really, I'm not in any way interested in good faith with Gamergaters. There is nothing to be in good faith there. These are the same people who openly decided to take a picture of a Sikh guy and photoshop it to look like a terrorist. There is no good faith to be had. 

If you are with those people and declare your allegiance to that stupid hashtag, you're supporting harassment, bigotry and hate. 

And really, I'm not in any way interested in good faith with Gamergaters. There is nothing to be in good faith there. These are the same people who openly decided to take a picture of a Sikh guy and photoshop it to look like a terrorist. There is no good faith to be had.

If you are with those people and declare your allegiance to that stupid hashtag, you're supporting harassment, bigotry and hate.

So restarting the thread then...

An opportunity to have a laugh at others and tell some lies?

Insults, shutting down discussion and lies - these are the weapons of the SJW.

Who is going to be on the panel for the anti-harrassment day?

SJW is a nomenclature of your imagination...  There are Gamergaters, who is a small portion of bigots and idiots along with people who support them (still extremely small), and then there is the rest of the planet. 

So restarting the thread then...

An opportunity to have a laugh at others and tell some lies?

Sure. Point out where I've lied, please. I'm well known for being a lying liar who lies, so it should be easy enough. You do know that I actually restarted the thread, right? I could have let it die. You didn't restart it either, and you didn't bother following the news about it. You'd not be talking about it now if I hadn't brought it up. Yep, sounds like major censorship to me!

Insults, shutting down discussion and lies - these are the weapons of the SJW.

Starting a topic is the opposite of shutting down discussion. Lies need a citation. As to insults, awesome. I'll happily take insulting as the weapon. Folks that rally behind the GamerGate tag are bigoted assholes. Chris Kluwe is possibly the best wielder of insults ever

As to who is attending: read the fucking article already

Sure. Point out where I've lied, please. I'm well known for being a lying liar who lies, so it should be easy enough. You do know that I actually restarted the thread, right? I could have let it die. You didn't restart it either, and you didn't bother following the news about it. You'd not be talking about it now if I hadn't brought it up. Yep, sounds like major censorship to me!

Starting a topic is the opposite of shutting down discussion. Lies need a citation. As to insults, awesome. I'll happily take insulting as the weapon. Folks that rally behind the GamerGate tag are bigoted assholes. Chris Kluwe is possibly the best wielder of insults ever

As to who is attending: read the fucking article already.

Thank you for the link to the article again.  I see Randi Harper, a known harrasser and doxxer, is still listed although i don't think she identifies as a part of gamergate.  Its as if there are arseholes, bigots and harrassers on both sides.  Ah well, getting one side to turn up is a good way to ensure no offensive or differing opinions are aired (not that they are different really).  A lovely safe space.

Is the panel going to be in a circle?

Thank you for the link to the article again.  I see Randi Harper, a known harrasser and doxxer, is still listed although i don't think she identifies as a part of gamergate.  Its as if there are arseholes, bigots and harrassers on both sides.  Ah well, getting one side to turn up is a good way to ensure no offensive or differing opinions are aired (not that they are different really).  A lovely safe space.

Is the panel going to be in a circle?

Again, you don't seem to understand... There isn't "both" sides. Gamergate is an online group of people who have set out to harass people to promote an agenda of sexism, That is the only "aide" of things. Everyone else just looks on and realizes that they are just a bunch of trolls and assholes. 

Again, you don't seem to understand... There isn't "both" sides. Gamergate is an online group of people who have set out to harass people to promote an agenda of sexism, That is the only "aide" of things. Everyone else just looks on and realizes that they are just a bunch of trolls and assholes.

So if there is gamergate... and everyone else... does that make 2 sides?  or is there a third of which i am unaware? 

As i see it there are people who think there are 2 sides and those who dont.  Cut it anyway you feel comfortable but i think you'll find some who are not interested in being associated with gamergate and some who are.

So if there is gamergate... and everyone else... does that make 2 sides?  or is there a third of which i am unaware? 

As i see it there are people who think there are 2 sides and those who dont.  Cut it anyway you feel comfortable but i think you'll find some who are not interested in being associated with gamergate and some who are.

The summit isn't about gamer gate. It is about dealing with harassment in online communities and varying ways that work. Unless you believe that pro harassment is actually a side, there aren't two sides to this.

The summit isn't about gamer gate. It is about dealing with harassment in online communities and varying ways that work. Unless you believe that pro harassment is actually a side, there aren't two sides to this.

I think it would be ill-advised to have a panel dealing with harassment in online communities and not discuss gamergate but maybe you have the talking points.

I think it would be ill-advised to have a panel dealing with harassment in online communities and not discuss gamergate but maybe you have the talking points.

Why? You can bring up all the tactics, actions and general shittiness without once bringing up anything about any of the people or motives involved. And harassment is a lot bigger than gamergate. They're just the idiotic fuckheads that are the loudest.

Archived