Something about Lysa Tully

purple-eyes

When we met lysa, she appeared to be an almost evil woman. 

She betrayed and murdered her husband, threatened sansa's life, and super jealous and also kind of weird. 

But when she was young, she was actually a brave and pretty girl. 

She loved LF deeply, followed her heart, and was willing to sleep with him although he is a much lower born boy. 

She is almost like a lyanna of riverrun. Brave for love and devoted to love. 

If she died during her childbirth or abortion, she would become a tragic and beautiful maid in people's memory just like Lyanna. 

But she survived and paid price using her rest of life. 

I hope LF would end very very badly because he took advantage of Lysa's true love and killed her in the end. 

By the way, lysa is a combination of lyanna and sansa. (Name)

She is as romantic and beautiful as sansa, also as brave and willful as lyanna. 

Lysa is a victim of Westeros's patriarchy. She wouldn't be as fondly remembered as Lyanna given few people knew the circumstances surrounding her death while everyone would have known Lysa had the bastard of a lowly lord compared to the quite popular crown prince. 

Lysa is a victim of Westeros's patriarchy. She wouldn't be as fondly remembered as Lyanna given few people knew the circumstances surrounding her death while everyone would have known Lysa had the bastard of a lowly lord compared to the quite popular crown prince. 

but this made Lysa even more brave and love-devoted. It is very easy to love a popular crown prince ( every maid and many boys in 7k probably loved rhaegar) but it is not common love a man who is very lower born than you. This means she loved himself. 

And LF was not a married man like rhaegar. So less scandal. 

but this made Lysa even more brave and love-devoted. It is very easy to love a popular crown prince ( every maid and many boys in 7k probably loved rhaegar) but it is not common love a man who is very lower born than you. This means she loved himself. 

And LF was not a married man like rhaegar. So less scandal. 

A new angle but that's true. Lysa fell in love and have loved Littlefinger, a man far below her birth station in a world where the ladies dreamt marrying the rich lord or the prince so that's +1 for her. Hoster was a complete ass to her, i think she was also fertile like Catelyn but that Tansy messed up her uterus so not only she was forced to do abortion she also got her organ screwed up by her 'honorable' father. After she survived that she must suffered Jon Arryn who was too old and too cold for her, courtesy of her 'honorable' father again. Stillborn after stillborn, countless miscarrriage, she must be the bud of gossip in KL. I don't blame her for not even replied Hoster's last letter, he deserved that

Cat's live was excruciatingly terrible at the end but Lysa's was consistently terrible since she was teenager and horrific at the end thanks to LF's word. 

I've never heard the Lyanna comparison before, but you have a point there. Lysa is what happens when the tragic maiden actually lives and has to deal the emotional fallout of her ordeal.

yes. If rhaegar and lyanna survived, I think they may face a very bad situation. 

Rhaegar will be surely executed by Robert. Lyanna may still marry Robert if she claimed to be an innocent victim. But if she confessed she loved rhaegar and dumped Robert, then I am not sure what would happen to her. She would be called as traitor, Maybe go to silent sisters? 

Lysa is not like Lyanna nor was the mad idiot brave she was stupid, selfish, disgusting, pathetic, weak and just horrible but not brave. 

She suffered her father's "honorable" intention and it fucked up her uterus, the most important organ for women in medieval time, an old cold and distant husband who quite possibly disgusted by her, multiple stillbirth and miscarriages. Those things shaped her character, maybe she's not brave but what's the point of brave if it's thoughtless ? Being reckless is not something to be proud of too

She is as romantic and beautiful as sansa, also as brave and willful as lyanna. 

.....what :blink:

Lysa is definitely not beautiful, all of her descriptions sound positively replusive, inside and out. 

Lysa is not romantic, she is possessive and needy.

Lysa is not brave, being a coward is her defining character trait.

Lysa is willfull, but that is not a positive character trait with her.

It is true that Lysa is a victim of her society (and I suspect she might also have a mental instability) but she is also so,meone who (wihtout a thought or care) sacrifices and victimises others for her own ends. She is one of the instigators of the War of the Five Kings, just to satisfy her own reedy, selfish desires. 

.....what :blink:

Lysa is definitely not beautiful, all of her descriptions sound positively replusive, inside and out. 

Lysa is not romantic, she is possessive and needy.

Lysa is not brave, being a coward is her defining character trait.

Lysa is willfull, but that is not a positive character trait with her.

It is true that Lysa is a victim of her society (and I suspect she might also have a mental instability) but she is also so,meone who (wihtout a thought or care) sacrifices and victimises others for her own ends. She is one of the instigators of the War of the Five Kings, just to satisfy her own reedy, selfish desires. 

jiame said she is a pretty girl. Jaime knows what a beauty looks like. So I think a young lysa is beautiful. 

jiame said she is a pretty girl. Jaime knows what a beauty looks like. So I think a young lysa is beautiful. 

That is of course very possible. Even Aerys was handsome when he was a young man. What we see of Lysa is her after many years of suffering. 

What about the rest of the quote? Have any comments on the fact she had a hand in utterly destroying her sisters family and life because she was selfish and cowardly?

And I agree with everyone else, if a child can ask for boob milk...he is waay too old for it!

Archived