What Howland Reed Knows

Curled Finger

I give up.   Thanks to everyone who offered thoughts and ideas here.   I was really enjoying the conversation.   i can't reply, I can't quote--this thread is a mess.  I'll try again in a week or so see if it gets any easier.    Again, thanks for taking your time in here, the stuff HR knows is fascinating.   

I recently read a theory (I think it was on Reddit?) that Howland's going to show his allegiance to Queen Jeyne of the North and will gather a team of crannogmen to ambush the guards scorting Jeyne and Edmure and will hide them with the Green Men at the God's Eye

But, isn't Jeyne off missing somewhere with the Blackfish? Edmure is being taken to Casterley Rock with his Frey bride.

But, isn't Jeyne off missing somewhere with the Blackfish? Edmure is being taken to Casterley Rock with his Frey bride.

The Blackfish left Riverrun alone, so Jeyne remained behind; as of AFFC she was due to return to The Crag with her mother and a Lannister guard. That said, there are a number of theories that the Jeyne departing Riverrun was not who she claimed to be, given the different descriptions of her in Catelyn and Jaime's POVs. You can read about the theories at: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jeyne_Westerling/Theories

Archived