The Ousiders (no, not that one)

Martini Sigil

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2015 at 8:50 PM, Martini Sigil said:

This came across my Facebook feed, and it looks like it has real potential... from WGN America.... hopefully it'll be better than Salem

No Ponyboy, Dal or Sodapop... but lots of violent, inbred mountain folk.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/622095-outsiders-trailer-outlaw-mountain-men-reign-in-new-wgn-series

I've actually enjoyed Salem.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:06 AM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

I've actually enjoyed Salem.

LOL.... Me too.... although it's not great television.... But I'm easier than most people on this board :)

Between this and Underground it looks like WGN -- like Syfy, Esquire, USA and maybe a couple of others-- has upped their game...  This is a good show... a little brooding, but it shows such a different world than the one I'm used to seeing that I am engrossed

• 1 month later...

I'm really liking this show. The tension has certainly ratcheted up the past two weeks. 

That was a great ending two weeks ago with Foster killing Breece (that's what IMDB lists his name as).  Wade's going to be passed that Asa "double crossed" him when Asa really did do everything he could to get Foster caught, it just didn't work out that way.  I love all of the different factions (two solo people and one large group) trying to take down Foster, if they would just all work together they could just take him out so easily.  Now we have dead Corporate Coal stooge, dead gun nuts, naked Hasil beating up cops, Foster losing his damn mind because of his lovely new bride drugging him...

The next two weeks should be awesome.

I gave this show a watch just for the hell of it when it first came on, and I've been hooked ever since. It's been surprisingly well done in every aspect and is just a very good watch overall. Interested to see how things play out to end the season.

• 2 weeks later...

That was an excellent episode. I'm sure nobody was actually fooled by the fake out last week

Asa's "death"

But it felt more like a mid-season finale than a proper season finale - the stakes were raised, but there was zero resolution

that was a great scene with "as many of the clan that they could find" showing up to face the cops. Sure blew their 50-80 estimate out of the water

:lol:

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That was an excellent episode. I'm sure nobody was actually fooled by the fake out last week

Hide contents

But it felt more like a mid-season finale than a proper season finale - the stakes were raised, but there was zero resolution

Hide contents

Actually I was fooled.... I suck.....lol....  But I agree that the finale didn't feel right.... that last scene was really awkward... I think that they rely on the slightly upward camera angle whenever Sherriff Oxy-Moron is the centerpoint, so as to make us feel his angst... we get it, WGN... he's a confused dingbat.

Archived