Tywin, Stannis, Roose, and Randyl

Winter Blues

Or, as I like to call them, the shitty character club. They are awful people, but somehow, alluring all the same. There is something about them that readers, including myself love. Why? And what does that say about us as people?

The biggest question: who is the worst and why? 

(Just for fun) 

Seriously? Stannis in the same category with Tywin, Roos and Randyl?

One of those things is not like the others...

He's about as bad as Tarly, if you ask me.

OT: Roose, he's a rapist, torturer, and enabler of bad behaviour, without the pragmatism excuse of either Stannis or Tywin.

Stannis is about as cold in his demeanour as the other three, and just as determined to have things his way, but in terms of his morality, his home life, and overall accomplishments, he's far above all of them, though Tywin's run as Hand of the King was apparently very good, so that's another conversation.

As of who's the worst? Roose Bolton, easily, followed by Tywin.

Really? What he did to Sam is exactly the same what Stannis did to Shireen?

Are we comparing tv Stannis to book Stannis or something? I don't recall book Stannis ever threatening to harm his daughter. Maybe you can tell me which scene this happens in!

Stannis is about as cold in his demeanour as the other three, and just as determined to have things his way, but in terms of his morality, his home life, and overall accomplishments, he's far above all of them, though Tywin's run as Hand of the King was apparently very good, so that's another conversation.

I would say Randyl is worse than Tywin. Tywin at least doesn't threaten to have Tyrion killed because of his dwarfism. Both are equally honorable and follow the laws of men and of war. 

Roose is easily the worst in terms of morality and lawfulness. 

this is how I should have worded it. My bad. I mean in terms of being no nonsense to the point of borderline insanity. I like them all and they have the best lines in the series. But I agree that Tarly and Roose are on a whole other level in terms of morality 

One orders his men to seat his daughter on the Iron Throne even if he dies. 

The other threatens to kill his son if he doesn't get the fuck out and joins the Night's Watch. 

Right. Totally the same thing. 

Really? What he did to Sam is exactly the same what Stannis did to Shireen?

Who says that only treatment of their children has to be considered?

Stannis murdered one of his brothers, let the other one die without lifting a finger to protect him (thus committing treason), makes use of torturers, and generally executes criminals in one of the most painful ways possible. I'd say he's easily as bad as Tarly.

Give me the wuote from the books that he knew what was going to happenb to Renly?

Stannis warns Renly.

Strike your banners and come to me before dawn, and I will grant you Storm's End and your old seat on the council and even name you my heir until a son is born to me. Otherwise, I shall destroy you."

And when it first hits Dawn Renly is assassinated.

Who says that only treatment of their children has to be considered?

Stannis murdered one of his brothers, let the other one die without lifting a finger to protect him (thus committing treason), makes use of torturers, and generally executes criminals in one of the most painful ways possible. I'd say he's easily as bad as Tarly.

Absolutely untrue.

Stannis did not know about Renly's upcoming death and fully planned on meeting him in battle. Provide evidence that Stannis planned out Renly's assassination, otherwise we cannot know for certain that he did. 

He lifted as much of a finger as he dared, with Jon Arryn. Had Stannis brought it to Robert as you seems to think would be best, Bobby B would have thought Stannis was just trying to better his own claim. 

Torturing prisoners is common and not unusual. Execution by burning at the stake is actually not very painful as you suffocate before being burnt usually. Hanging (without the neck-snap) is much worse. 

Archived