Paris implications continued

Fragile Bird

The base assumption is always this delusion that somehow if we just bombed MORE, this would be over. Because reasons.

It gets worse, of course. Once such people start deciding that Hollande isn't "being harsh enough" (as they inevitably will), many will turn to Le Pen instead. At which point we suddenly have a whole new lot of problems in Europe.

In this case, yes. Munich the living shit out of these bastards. 

Great idea!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillehammer_affair

The Lillehammer affair was the killing by Mossad agents of Ahmed Bouchiki,[1] a Moroccan waiter and brother of the renowned musician Chico Bouchikhi,[2] in Lillehammer, Norway on July 21, 1973. The Israeli agents had mistaken their target for Ali Hassan Salameh, the chief of operations for Black September. Six of the Mossad team of fifteen were captured and convicted of complicity in the killing by the Norwegian justice system, in a major blow to the intelligence agency's reputation.

Eh, damn sight better than hundreds of Innocent bystanders killed in a drone strike. I do believe in an acceptable amount of fallout. Omelette/Eggs, you know the rest. This isn't a court of law we're talking about, this is revenge with a political point behind it.

Eh, damn sight better than hundreds of Innocent bystanders killed in a drone strike. I do believe in an acceptable amount of fallout. Omelette/Eggs, you know the rest. This isn't a court of law we're talking about, this is revenge with a political point behind it.

So a bunch of random assassinations of people, including a random waiter in Norway, with no court of law or system of justice that accomplished nothing, not even sating the bloodlust of those angry about the initial incident, is better in your mind? How? In what way?

Like seriously, are you even listening to yourself? You are condoning the extra-judicial murder of people in any country anywhere to no purpose other then "it makes me feel better"?

By what measure?

Carpet bombing, troops, nukes, etc = More terrorists by a factor of X. Do nothing = more terrorist events, as there are no negative repercussions. Killing the people responsible for the act? At least some small measure of justice with (hopefully) a minimal amount of collateral damage.  

So a bunch of random assassinations of people, including a random waiter in Norway, with no court of law or system of justice that accomplished nothing, not even sating the bloodlust of those angry about the initial incident, is better in your mind? How? In what way?

Like seriously, are you even listening to yourself? You are condoning the extra-judicial murder of people in any country anywhere to no purpose other then "it makes me feel better"?

Have we had another terrorist event that parallels the '72 Olympics? It's not about "making me feel better" (though I'd take that for the folks that lost loved ones to this massacre) it's about given them food for thought. 

Have we had another terrorist event that parallels the '72 Olympics? 

I'm contemplating if you are really serious with this comment or if you just haven't even thought about what thread you are in or aren't familiar with the history of Israel since 1972.

By what measure? Minimizing innocent casualties while also not hoping or praying the problem will just go away.

Except it accomplishes nothing. You would be better off doing nothing cause at least you wouldn't be killing innocent people. Supporting this kind of thing is just admitting all you really want is to satiate some bloodlust.

I'm contemplating if you are really serious with this comment or if you just haven't even thought about what thread you are in or aren't familiar with the history of Israel since 1972.

I'm not talking in terms of scope, I'm talking a specific event that mirrors Munich. Honestly can't think of one. You can either provide one or continue to insult my intelligence. Whatever makes you feel better, Bunky. 

/ETA: If you're suggesting that this shooting, outside of a friendly soccer game between France and Germany on some random Friday night is an equivalent, I can't even begin to agree.

You know, I remember September 11th. I remember the anger and outcry... and how that got used to justify the Iraq War (despite that fact that it made no sense whatsoever, then or now). If there's one lesson to be learned from that sorry affair, can it at least be "let's think long and hard before lashing out in blind anger?"

You know, I remember September 11th. I remember the anger and outcry... and how that got used to justify the Iraq War (despite that fact that it made no sense whatsoever, then or now). If there's one lesson to be learned from that sorry affair, can it at least be "let's think long and hard before lashing out in blind anger?"

We of the US - most especially the right wing - do not learn lessons. We must keep making the same mistakes, only the people who die change.

The regressive, "lets nuke the Middle East" attitude is archaic, stupid, and evil.

Couldn't agree more, and that's 100% sincere. I'm not advocating war or bombing or any sort of knee-jerk overreaction. I'm talking about a thorough, measured investigation, followed by some properly focused revenge. 

Yes, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_attack_on_the_Sri_Lanka_national_cricket_team

(That's ignoring the oft-suggested attempted gas attack on an Australia/England match).

Yeah, I don't mean to be a dick, but I can't put that on the same level as the Olympics. Extremely smaller scope, don't you think?

Archived