Tyrion's prisoner

Blackfyre Bastard

Just re-read the Battle of the Green Fork chapter in which Tyrion takes a knight prisoner, and has Bronn taken him away.

What happened to him? Is he ever ransomed? killed?

Is Tyrion going to wake in the middle of the night in A Dream of Spring and curse that he forgot to feed the guy after he arrived in King's Landing to be the Hand?

I did a (quick) search and couldn't find anything. Is this a GRRM overlook?

• 2 weeks later...

All the other prisoners that we know were captured at that battle ended up in Harrenhal. So the knight was probably sent there as well.

Hidden Content

and chances are 

all of those weasel soup northerners are going to reek havoc on the traitorous Boltons once all of the atrocities are exposed. Chances are these same guys are now inside Winterfell in AFFC and TWOW so they can strike from within. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just re-read the Battle of the Green Fork chapter in which Tyrion takes a knight prisoner, and has Bronn taken him away.

What happened to him? Is he ever ransomed? killed?

Is Tyrion going to wake in the middle of the night in A Dream of Spring and curse that he forgot to feed the guy after he arrived in King's Landing to be the Hand?

I did a (quick) search and couldn't find anything. Is this a GRRM overlook?

I dont think that such a prisoner (I believe some Karstarks 'knight') has any importance to Tyrion. He captured him after their clash but the knight is not any help to Tyrion so he doenst care about him anymore/ probably its in contrast with how all characters with whom he was in contact before were somewhat meaningful :o

My other question from this battle is a detail but I would like to know cuz Im re-reading now...Did Tyrion killed that horse with his helmet or what? I dont really understand that part (not a native english:) )

I dont think that such a prisoner (I believe some Karstarks 'knight') has any importance to Tyrion. He captured him after their clash but the knight is not any help to Tyrion so he doenst care about him anymore/ probably its in contrast with how all characters with whom he was in contact before were somewhat meaningful :o

My other question from this battle is a detail but I would like to know cuz Im re-reading now...Did Tyrion killed that horse with his helmet or what? I dont really understand that part (not a native english:) )

I just wanted to know the fate of this knight, if we can recognize him later on in the story, since Tyrion apparently forgot all about him. But he was a meaningless character; we don't get a name or even a sigil so we can identify him, so probably we'll ever see him again. 

As for your question, yes. I believe Tyrion was wearing some sort of pickelhelm, so he stabbed the horse's belly with it and received a shower of blood.

Archived