Character coming back from dead via Ian McShane?

Lordsteve666

There was an article posted on the BBC news app which quotes Ian McShane as saying his character is responsible for bringing a character back to life and that we've apparently already seen his character in the show before.

The original interview is on here so take what you will from it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this at all? :blink:

Opens up a few possibilities as if is character has been seen before then does this hint at a face change, or another reason to maybe not have seem the character's face?

It has to be the hound but in a metamorphical sense I suspect, like a confessional as well as nursing his wounds which should have killed him. I do not think it is anything like Thoros of Myr with the kiss of fire or anything like that as he is a Septon and Thoros is a Fire Priest.

Well bringing someone back that we don't expect doesn't have to be necessarily dead character.

Could be Gendry or Benjen perhaps ?

I dont think so, at least for benjen, Gendry could be the one, assuming  D&D   are willing to change cleganebowl , and i dont think so.. 

Or Stannis

What exactly would be the point of that? It's not tough to guess he might be playing a mixture of Elder Brother/Septon Meribald figure and actually Rory was seen not so long ago in Belfast. He's currently not working on any other project that requires for him to be in Belfast.

I also think/hope that it is the Hound/Elder brother... however...  the words he used are quite strange "bringing somebody back". It sounds like a "resurection" more than just being the conecting character that gives suport/background to the Hound from season 4 to season 6.

I hope he just wanted to add more mystery to his role and he is just refering to a psicological/spiritual resurection. But he doesn't put that clear

I'm guessing it's the hound as well. Since Stoneheart is dropped and Beric is forgotten, the only "dead" character left who is thought to maybe come back is Sandor. 

Here's hoping it's not hamfisted.

I think we're still getting Stoneheart with all the RIverlands talk. I think they purposely saved her until after Jon's resurrection so his is a bigger deal, otherwise, no one would have been worried about Jon coming back if we'd already had LS first.

In the books the hound never comes back though does he. We see another character wearing his famous helmet and a brother on the Quiet Isle who is probably him. 

So I wouldn't say he gets brought back as such, even the guys on the Quiet Isle say the hound is dead, in the sense that Sandor no longer wants to be known by that name. 

Still the most likely person though, I'll agree on that. 

Yeah it would seem terribly cliche to have the great brutal warrior suddenly see the light and become a man of peace only to be forced to take up arms again against his brother who has become a monster. Very much a John Rambo thing going on there potentially!

I know it's what everyone wants but it just sounds too perfect for GRRM or D&D to put into the story.

Archived