Character coming back from dead via Ian McShane?

Lordsteve666

Yeah it would seem terribly cliche to have the great brutal warrior suddenly see the light and become a man of peace only to be forced to take up arms again against his brother who has become a monster. Very much a John Rambo thing going on there potentially!

I know it's what everyone wants but it just sounds too perfect for GRRM or D&D to put into the story.

Honestly, I'm lukewarm on Cleganebowl. I'd much rather see Sandor fighting the Whitewalkers alongside Jon. Then his purpose would not be about revenge but rather saving all of Westeros from annihilation. He's already kind of set up as a Stark ally, given his interactions with Sansa and Arya... Probably won't happen, but a girl can dream.

I would prefer that, too. They did a lot of setup, but who knows. Hoots and giggles.

These two scenes where he saves the sisters were clearly shot the same way, although he is very different with Sansa, the director said it was "beautiful"... 

http://suzuyajuzoo.tumblr.com/post/52086559871/game-of-thrones-02x06-03x09-he-saw-sansa

Hey Le Cygne, hope you're well ! Agree , I'm with Aint Nuthin But A HoundDog's opinions as well, Cleganebowl is not for me either.  I wonder though how exactly this reveal may play out, if indeed it is the case. ;)  Will it be watcher only that knows, or will there be a build up [watchers first] leading to a reveal involving relevant characters later on.  Definitely a chance of over taking the books if the latter is the case.

And where will all this take place ?  Will we see the QI etc..... ?  It seems they are going to use a lot of book material this season [probably loosely] ,more than I had hoped for though, the Riverlands especially.   :)  

What exactly would be the point of that? It's not tough to guess he might be playing a mixture of Elder Brother/Septon Meribald figure and actually Rory was seen not so long ago in Belfast. He's currently not working on any other project that requires for him to be in Belfast.

King of agree. Well plus it still isn't 100% certain that Brienne killed him. But with Brienne coming across Lady SH in the books, maybe she deals with another brought back to life person instead? But nobody actually knows if the Hound died anyway. Never showed him die. So he wouldnt be coming back from the dead. He is just assumed to be dead

Hey Le Cygne, hope you're well ! Agree , I'm with Aint Nuthin But A HoundDog's opinions as well, Cleganebowl is not for me either.  I wonder though how exactly this reveal may play out, if indeed it is the case. ;)  Will it be watcher only that knows, or will there be a build up [watchers first] leading to a reveal involving relevant characters later on.  Definitely a chance of over taking the books if the latter is the case.

And where will all this take place ?  Will we see the QI etc..... ?  It seems they are going to use a lot of book material this season [probably loosely] ,more than I had hoped for though, the Riverlands especially.   :)  

Hey! :)

The interesting thing is he isn't in as bad a spot on the show, he has a price on his head, but for doing a good thing, unless one is a Joffrey enthusiast! Saying fuck the king and killing the Mountain's men, way better than being mistaken for Rorge. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sandor is who he always was, and will be.

I think he stays the Hound in name for Sansa, in the sense he's the Beast. That's a big part of that story. And his identity with dogs, get her a dog, she'll be happier for it. So he doesn't lose his affiliation with dogs.

But he loses the negative aspects of that. The persona he adopted to cope with Gregor. And I think we see this in the scene where he is digging the grave, and then stops to pet Dog.

Sandor is who he always was, and will be.

I think he stays the Hound in name for Sansa, in the sense he's the Beast. That's a big part of that story. And his identity with dogs, get her a dog, she'll be happier for it. So he doesn't lose his affiliation with dogs.

But he loses the negative aspects of that. The persona he adopted to cope with Gregor. And I think we see this in the scene where he is digging the grave, and then stops to pet Dog.

I'm just hoping they include Dog. A faint hope.

Archived