reading posts

oblivious31

Hi, I'm a new user (obviously, I suppose). I have tried looking at a few posts here, only to see the introductory paragraph, up to and including the first instance of a quote from ASIOF source, then the rest of the post is nowhere to be found. I don't see a button or link saying 'show all of this post' or anything. Is there something painfully obvious that I'm missing? I'm also not familiar with forums in general, so the answer to that is almost surely "Yes". Any help out there?

Hi, I'm a new user (obviously, I suppose). I have tried looking at a few posts here, only to see the introductory paragraph, up to and including the first instance of a quote from ASIOF source, then the rest of the post is nowhere to be found. I don't see a button or link saying 'show all of this post' or anything. Is there something painfully obvious that I'm missing? I'm also not familiar with forums in general, so the answer to that is almost surely "Yes". Any help out there?

Do you mean like it seems there are parts of the post missing? There was some data lost in converting the forum, but there should be an update in the near future to restore that data, iirc.

Yes, rebuilding process still ongoing. Unfortunately, we're going to stop giving estimates on when it's done, because the fact is a 7.3 million post database rebuilds in its own time. Invision recently updated us that it's about 80% through another part of the major rebuild, and I believe once that's done there's some minor, quicker things left which shouldn't take too long. But in any case, when that rebuild is done, post data through October 13 should be restored.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived