Blade Runner Sequel

Howdyphillip

Hey guys...wouldn't it be GREAT though if they incorporated stuff from Do Androids Dream that didn't make it into Blade Runner???

I mean Mercerism and Buster Friendly and His Friendly Friends and made more of a deal about status and fake animals...man I would be SO into that...

Someone else mentioned Godfather II. The strongest parts of that movie imo were the scenes with DeNiro's Don Vito, which was taken from the book.

Never seen The Godfather, woops. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that - being a big movie fan, hah.

I have always said you could remake Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? but never REMAKE Blade Runner. So would be great if they used bits from the novel in this sequel :D 

Never seen The Godfather, woops. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that - being a big movie fan, hah.

I have always said you could remake Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? but never REMAKE Blade Runner. So would be great if they used bits from the novel in this sequel :D 

I would love to see a straight up adaptation of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. 

• 2 months later...

Denis Villeneuve's 'Blade Runner 2' Starring Ryan Gosling & Harrison Ford Officially Starts Filming In July

LOS ANGELES, CA, JANUARY 25, 2016 – Sony Pictures Releasing International will distribute Alcon Entertainment’s follow-up to Ridley Scott’s 1982 masterpiece BLADE RUNNER in all overseas territories in all media; with Warner Bros. Pictures distributing in North America and Canada through its output agreement with Alcon, it was announced by Alcon co-founders and co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson. 

Denis Villeneuve is directing the film starring Ryan Gosling (The Big Short) and Harrison Ford (Star Wars) who is reprising his role as Rick Deckard. Hampton Fancher (co-writer of the original) and Michael Green have written the original screenplay based on an idea by Fancher and Ridley Scott. The story takes place several decades after the conclusion of the 1982 original.

The film marks Villeneuve’s third collaboration with 13-time Oscar nominee Roger Deakins, who will serve as cinematographer, following Alcon’s Prisoners and the hit drug-trafficking drama Sicario, which brought Deakins his latest Oscar nomination.

Principal photography on Villenueve’s new BLADE RUNNER film is scheduled to begin in July 2016.

12 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm not excited yet. I won't be moved till I see the first trailer...

I think we need a reaction video of you watching the trailer.

For science. :)

If someone had taken one of me watching Force Awakens trailer, it would've looked similar to this around the :54 mark, give or take 40 years.

35 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

I think we need a reaction video of you watching the trailer.

For science. :)

If someone had taken one of me watching Force Awakens trailer, it would've looked similar to this around the :54 mark, give or take 40 years.

That kid with the spoon is hilarious LMAO 

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

If Harrison Ford is in the film he either wasn't a replicant or he didn't have a death date.  I wonder which.

I guess he could be a model that somehow came without a death date or found a way to overcome it.

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Scott's pretty clear he is a replicant to him.

As clear as he is on whether Prometheus 2's title? Given he seems to be quite involved in Blade runner 2 you'd think he'd keep this idea in play though.

Hopefully its an Aliens/Terminator 2/Mad Max: Fury Road/Die Hard 2/Godfather 2 type situation, and not one of the god-awful sequels.

You could do a lot with the Deckard being a replicant who survived. Lots of people/replicants might be trying to find him. There are many good scripts you could write about it, and I agree the script is going to be the killer. I wasn't a fan of Sicario, liked Prisoners, but feel confident that Denis Villeneuve can capture the atmosphere, and Gosling is an excellent actor. Loved him in the Ides of March.

I still haven't seen any of Villeneuve's movies yet..but they all seem kind of dark and bleak is that fair to say? Maybe  not. I just don't want this to be another dark gritty depressing cop movie. Blade Runner is amazing because of the script and the story and the performances and the BEAUTIFUL and WONDERFUL set designs and the vangelis score and I just...I hope they keep a lot of the elements that elevated Blade Runner to masterpiece status and they don't just strip it and go for standard bleak noir. I dunno...I just don't know how to feel at all and I really should have no opinion as of yet because I have never seen any of the bloke's movies...

Archived