Podcast on the Board Game / Questions for FFG

Amin

We've had Jason Walden from FFG on a few times in the past on our podcast to discuss the board game:
2nd edition board game release: http://podcastoficeandfire.com/episode-128-ffg-affc-adwd-boa...

AFFC/ADWD release: http://podcastoficeandfire.com/episode-128-ffg-affc-adwd-boa...

Looks like he will be joining us again sometime before the end of the year. I'm taking submissions here and elsewhere for potential questions to ask him related to the board game.

• 2 weeks later...

I remain forever perplexed that the board game isn't discussed more here, it's such a great game. I'm really interested in the the future of it, are there thoughts on a third edition or what it might entail, are there plans for a Winds of Winter expansion. I'm not sure if this is something FF ever do, but it'd be great if they released official variants with their own play tested seal of approval, the official four player is notoriously imbalanced so maybe the 'rumble in the south' (Baratheon, Lannister, Tyrell, Martell with the north blocked off) and other variants could get looked at? The problem with fan made variants is an embarrassment of riches, there's just so many that every thread on BGG only garners a few replies, and there are as many tweaked rules as there are people who play them. So it'd be good to get an official list of alternate ways to play.

Also, seeing as GRRM isn't producing book titles quick enough to supply them with expansions, I'd love to see a Roberts Rebellion card expansion with Aerys II playing out of Kings Landing, Jon Arryn in the Vale, a youthful Robert from Storms End, it'd be a great opportunity to dig out some older characters; Rhaegar, Arthur Dayne, maybe (fudging the timing slightly) Rickard and Brandon?

It's a great game, yeah.

Try out AFFC if you can for 4 players, it is pretty good (and faster paced as well). I think it could use a three player variant, which probably could be done without adding much either. That stretches the game far beyond ideal parameters as it is currently, but is something of the scale that can match the AFFC or ADWD releases.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't quite sure how to take his responses to the upcoming plans....do you think it was "I couldn't say" as in, I haven't heard of any plans or was it "I'm not allowed to discuss any plans"? The talk of a digital part was intriguing.......I know he was vague about that as well, but if there were ever a fully fledged board game app......I would play the shit out of that.

Archived