BWB London Meet up - Thurs 3 Dec

There is a degree of chance that I may be a bit late this afternoon. I'd forgotten I had booked my annual boiler safety check today and just had the reminder pop up on my phone. They could come anytime between midday and 6 pm so hopefully it won't be too late when they get here. It is annoying because I had also planned to go into town and do some Christmas shopping this afternoon before I get the train to London.

Will keep you updated and hopefully won't be too late but I am definitely still coming. See you later!

Miss Wriggly is still just wriggling and not trying to pop out into the unseasonably warmer-than-usual world, so I will be there.  M too once he has finished work.  I imagine there can't be more than one pub in London called the Montagu Pyke...?

Oh, I may have persuaded my ASOIAF grandfather (he introduced the books to the person who introduced the books to me) to make a brief appearance as part of my ongoing (but thus-far futile) attempts to persuade more people to come to TitanCon. I believe he reads the boards a bunch, but as far as I know he's never delurked.

• 1 month later...

Might be in London March 20th if anyone wants to grab a beer.  

Haven't locked down my flights yet, but was planning to fly in Sat or Sun morning.  Could grab a beer Mon/Tue evening, but that might be a tad rougher. 

Land at Heathrow at 4 PM, so probably could make a pub at 6-7 PM.

Let me know where in the city works best. Havent' booked anything yet, but might stay with family towards Stratford or hotel somewhere downtown. 

Is that Saturday 19th, or Sunday 20th in the end? 

I live in Cambridge, but spend a lot of my time staying in Camden, so anywhere vaguely central works for me.

I wonder if other people stopped following this thread, and a new thread might have more visibility?

Archived