Islam and the West, fundamentally incompatible?

Ser Scot A Ellison

Horrible living conditions? Yes, we are a poor, developing country. Congrats on your smug unearned superiority by dint of accident of birth; you were born in a rich nation that got rich by stealing land from the actual people who lived on that continent. More recently, you're getting rich off lying about countries having WMDs and then bombing the shit out of them to steal their oil, thereby remaining rich. Well done! I have conceded that Pakistan/Islam is backward, several times; when have I defended any of that? I defended the people: millions of decent people and hundreds whom I personally know having lived here for 40 years.

I have also pointed out that Western laws are needed here. That many of us work daily to make this society better, including myself because I work in education with a focus on girls and minorities.  Yet in your mind I am  personally responsible for the bad,  even if I work against such antiquated rubbish.  The level of open, sneering bigotry here is marvellous. You have zero idea of what it is like to be a Pakistani woman living here so spare me your fucking condescension. 

As for you deciding not to visit Pakistan: oh noes!!!! What a fucking tragedy; here I was, hoarding home-made hooch in heartfelt hope of an American white male bigot coming down here and telling us how inferior/sub human we all are! I guess I'll have to settle for my actual European/American friends, who live here and are open minded enough not to paint 200 million/1.6 billion people with one lazy, entitled brush. 

This is  how your argument works: I would never want to visit the USA again because I would be terrified of getting shot while shopping/watching a movie/clubbing. What a barbaric place it must be, with more violent gun deaths than days in the year! 

I would never want to visit the USA because that country lies in order to wage war and plunder other nations' resources: see Iraq.

I would never want to visit a country where a group of people were enslaved for centuries and even now, kids belonging to that race get shot by cops for holding toy guns: see BllackLivesMatter 

In fact, it's clear to me that for us ignorant lesser sub humans, the grand USA isn't worth emulating at all. If we want to be better and not become bastions of racism and gun violence and bigotry, we should look to Europe and Japan and other countries that weren't founded on the basis of thievery and murder. 

There. Now I've responded appropriately. 

?

I never said I wouldn't visit there, just that I haven't.

None of those things would make me not go. Not sure where you got the ammo for your little tangent there.

You'd be surprised how unbelievingly effective our intelligence services are, and PD, when sufficiently motivated and unrestrained.

I might be wrong, but neither Turkey, nor any other country for that matter, is routinely collecting DNA samples of refugees. If that's the case, how did they manage to identify him within two hours of the blast? I'm no explosives expert, but aren't suicide bombers usually turned into jam?

The Turkish authorities have not released any information regarding the bomber's identity, while attempting to impose a global news blackout.

Fishy, fishy, fishy fish.

I might be wrong, but neither Turkey, nor any other country for that matter, is routinely collecting DNA samples of refugees. If that's the case, how did they manage to identify him within two hours of the blast? I'm no explosives expert, but aren't suicide bombers usually turned into jam?

The Turkish authorities have not released any information regarding the bomber's identity, while attempting to impose global news blackout.

Fishy, fishy, fishy fish.

Even if they did they'd need more than a couple hours to do the test unless they had a good idea of who the bomber was before the blast.

AND that they have his DNA on file, somehow, to compare.

AND they used some really top-end state-of-the-art PCR and sequencing machine to get the outcome in a few hours.

And here I thought Muslim-majority countries are backwards dens of antiquated values and inferior.

Archived