Jessica Jones [AKA This Thread Has Spoilers]

RedEyedGhost

not finished yet so haven't read the rest of the thread.  but can anyone tell me is the jessica in the comics as fucking useless as the tv show? her power is basically being slightly stronger than normal people (except when pulling locks off doors when she becomes very strong), and having a rather useless ability to jump high.  

Nah, she is much stronger and she can actually fly.

The virus must interact with the tonal cadences of Kilgrave's voice. Yeah, that's what i'm going with - tonal cadences. Or possibly rhythms.

I might be totally off in my thinking... but just because Kilgraves parents --granted, doctors-- said it was a virus, doesn't mean it actually was... maybe they meant "virus-like"?... I dunno... a few people seem upset about the departure from the source comics... but maybe it was just the kind of semantics that you can get away with not using in comics, but need to say in live action...

Nah, she is much stronger and she can actually fly.

It sucks that the actress is so unathletic. All action scenes look ridicolous, especially that long jump in the finale. lol it looked like she jumped 1 meter and was was falling down. 

And what's up with kilgrave. His powers had such potential for a villain but he chooses to be a cringy beta. lol

Also how did Jones get immune? It was never really explained.  

It sucks that the actress is so unathletic. All action scenes look ridicolous, especially that long jump in the finale. lol it looked like she jumped 1 meter and was was falling down. 

And what's up with kilgrave. His powers had such potential for a villain but he chooses to be a cringy beta. lol

I agree with your first point. Her super strength looks so fake in some scenes. Krysten Ritter really did seem to struggle with some of the action scenes.

I agree with your first point. Jessica Ritter is a great actress, but doesn't seem convincing doing the physical parts of the role. They could have at least gotten a good stunt woman.

As for you second point, your use of manosphere buzzwords aside, that's the point of the character. He could take over the world or make Tony Stark or Shield or Hydra his bitch, but he all he really wants are fancy hotels and dinners.

I still have two episodes to go and the show is okay in parts but overall pretty meh for me (much like Daredevil). 

My biggest issue by far is that the "comic book morality" of the show makes it virtually impossible to take seriously. Jessica could have easily killed Killgrave a hundred times, but instead, for one flimsy reason after another (oh noes, we have to save Hope!), she lets him continuously torture and kill the people around him with impunity. 

Two things.

First in regards to timeline, I do think DD and JJ take place during the same period of time.  Some of the news stories also mentioned DD's exploits, like the hostage crisis and places blowing up.  (I think they come in around the episodes that Kilgrave is at Jessica's house.)

The other, is Jessica, as a survivor of abuse, was scared of Kilgrave, scared of going back to that place, and not believing in her power/ability to be free.  It rang really true for me.

Anywho, someone wrote an article about it.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-jessica-jones-perfectly-portrays-being-stalked/

Two things.

First in regards to timeline, I do think DD and JJ take place during the same period of time.  Some of the news stories also mentioned DD's exploits, like the hostage crisis and places blowing up.  (I think they come in around the episodes that Kilgrave is at Jessica's house.)

Really? I do not remember that. Are they mentioning these things as contemporary events? or as things that happened recently? I'm quite sure this series follows Marvel's general rule of the shows and movies taking place when they are released. All the explosions and stuff should have been a huge deal if they occurred during the time frame of Jessica Jones. I would really expect a "did you just hear all those explosions?" moment if that was their intention. Plus there's that building Jessica and Luke go to that was blown up in Daredevil. The walls are still charred but enough time has passed that criminals have set up in there again. 

Plus Claire knows Murdoch and is back at work, no longer hiding in her friends apartment as she was for most of Daredevil. Also Somewhere I read that Jessica losing her previous lease was supposed to be a direct result of Fisk's land dealings. 

Either way they definitely could have done a better job connecting it to Daredevil. Just a news report or something in Hogarth's offices about the upcoming Fisk trial or something would have been cool. 

Really? I do not remember that. Are they mentioning these things as contemporary events? or as things that happened recently? I'm quite sure this series follows Marvel's general rule of the shows and movies taking place when they are released. All the explosions and stuff should have been a huge deal if they occurred during the time frame of Jessica Jones. I would really expect a "did you just hear all those explosions?" moment if that was their intention. Plus there's that building Jessica and Luke go to that was blown up in Daredevil. The walls are still charred but enough time has passed that criminals have set up in there again. 

Plus Claire knows Murdoch and is back at work, no longer hiding in her friends apartment as she was for most of Daredevil. Also Somewhere I read that Jessica losing her previous lease was supposed to be a direct result of Fisk's land dealings. 

Either way they definitely could have done a better job connecting it to Daredevil. Just a news report or something in Hogarth's offices about the upcoming Fisk trial or something would have been cool. 

Things that happened recently or pretty close together.  One is mentioned on a television broadcast with Jessica in the scene (Can't quite remember), the other one is Kilgrave turning off the TV in Jessica's house interupting a news broadcast when he was waiting for Jessica to come back to him.  It had to do with the Russians's downfall I think in DD's storyline.

Archived