Wonder Woman -- 100th reply unlocks Invisible Plane photo

Bastard of Boston

Interesting picture.

I wonder how much of the negative reviews of BvS will affect WW?  In some ways, it's a good thing this is already filming; at least we know it will get done.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Loving the trailer!

That trailer is fucking boss. I never would have imagined that I would get excited by a Wonder Woman trailer. I'm really, really lukewarm about this whole superhero trend (lukewarm might even be an understatement), I have no attachment to the character (from what I know, she sounds pretty lame) and I'm feeling a bit uneasy about the whole superhero's-involved-in-great-events-of-the-past (it feels disrespectful to the people who actually made it through that hell, on top of being very reductive and usually just completely stupid as well). 

Despite all my misgivings though, this trailer is a pretty ace piece of craftmanship. It's one of those trailers you point to whenever you get a trailer that spoils the entire movie and say 'is it really that hard to make something good without spoiling the plot?' The action looks great, I really like the feel of it (the uniforms and stuff) and while the humour isn't flooring me, it's also not really a dud. I like it. 

EDIT: There are some stupid things in it (carrying a sword on your back), but everything it looks like it falls into the awesome-stupid category, like 300 :D 

I like it.  A lot.  My wife loved it, which will be huge for this movie.

That said... It feels very Captain America: First Avenger to me.  Will be interesting to see how they distinguish it.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

That said... It feels very Captain America: First Avenger to me.  Will be interesting to see how they distinguish it.

By not being as awful I hope :) 

I love the imagery of WWvWWI. It's similar tp first Avenger but just looks better. It's also a good time to set it in because WWI tends to be ignored in film but also because WWI cemented the idea that women were just as capable as men when they took over all the jobs to replace men in that war. Having a woman as the first superhero involved in the war fits nicely.

The guitar lick from BvS at the end brought a smile to my face as it reminded me of the one fun moment in BvS. Wise of them to use it in the trailer.

24 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I dare you to say that to avocado faced Wade Wilson. I double dog dare you.

He wouldn't even be able to pull those two badboys of his, because back scabbards are a stupid way of carrying a sword around, so I'd be fine with that :P 

9 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I thought the incorporating the sword into the dress was a great idea.

It looks cool definitely, back scabbards always look cool, but they are damn impractical. 

Just now, Veltigar said:

He wouldn't even be able to pull those two badboys of his, because back scabbards are a stupid way of carrying a sword around, so I'd be fine with that :P 

Tell that to every film ninja ever. 

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

Tell that to every film ninja ever. 

I could kick every film ninja's ass :P Real ninja's would never wear their swords on their backs if they expected to get into a fight (and they would all kick my ass). 

Michonne wears her katana scabbard on her back and she seems to do fine with it. Also, this thread digressed quickly.

Now that Robin Wright is in the DCCU, can we get Francis Underwood Kevin Spacey as SInestro who tries to overtake Themescyria and control the Amazons in an elaborate scheme?

7 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Michonne wears her katana scabbard on her back and she seems to do fine with it. Also, this thread digressed quickly.

She's a fictional character, not a real person. I hope you are aware of that :P 

• 7 months later...

Archived