Wonder Woman -- 100th reply unlocks Invisible Plane photo

Bastard of Boston

6 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

This is the only DC movie for which I have any excitement.  At the 47s mark, so what is she?

Agreed.  

And I wonder the same.

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

Oh, well if they're going with the current origin, Diana is just the daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus. Nothing special. For a Demigod. :P

That'd be a curious one though because from other trailers we already know she at least believes that she has the other origin of being 'brought to life' by Zeus and I'm not sure actually being the daughter of Zeus is any more out-there than that.

I do wonder if the origin portion of the film is a bit longer than we've probably been assuming and there's a mini-arc about that secret and pretending that she's not that big a warrior which culminates in that scene where the vambraces do their explodey thing that seems to surprise everyone and that's when she finds out she is basically a magic statue and the destined warrior etc and then we go to the main movie.

12 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I stopped halfway through that new trailer b/c I didn't want anything else to be spoiled. I'll be in the theater opening weekend for this film with high expectations. Unfortunately, the bar is set pretty low for DCEU, but I'm expecting a quality film here nonetheless.

Wonder Woman looks awesome in that trailer; but so did the trailers for Man of Steel… Batman vs Superman… and Suicide Squad. I have to make sure to pump my brakes on any excitement.

On 3/13/2017 at 7:24 AM, Rhom said:

Wonder Woman looks awesome in that trailer; but so did the trailers for Man of Steel… Batman vs Superman… and Suicide Squad. I have to make sure to pump my brakes on any excitement.

You make a fair point there. That first SS trailer was the exact opposite of the final product of the film. 

/lowered expectations...slightly

On 3/11/2017 at 8:41 PM, Bastard of Boston said:

This trailer rekindled some of my excitement for this movie. I gotta admit I've been waning lately, up to this point.

Can't take my eyes of a gorgeous 51 year old Connie Nielson and a stunning 50 year old Robin Wright.

Wow! Buttercup as an action figure. She is just great.

An exotic thing. Notice that Connie and Robin have adopted Gal’s Israeli accent. That was done on purpose.

9 hours ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

Hasn't DC backed away from that origin in their new Rebirth relaunch of Wonder Woman? 

Good question. I haven't been following really, so I spose I should walk back my previous comment cause it could be whatever

8 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Lol, wtf was that?

Bizarro flick. Vampire's Kiss with Nicholas Cage. Most definitely in the so bad it's good category. In it, Cage adopts this bizarre, unidentifiable accent for his main character. Great stoned/drunk group viewing flick. So hard to parse, but absolutely hilarious.

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Bizarro flick. Vampire's Kiss with Nicholas Cage. Most definitely in the so bad it's good category. In it, Cage adopts this bizarre, unidentifiable accent for his main character. Great stoned/drunk group viewing flick. So hard to parse, but absolutely hilarious.

It fucked with my brain.

On 3/15/2017 at 4:00 PM, James Arryn said:

I know it was probably done to contextualize the lead's accent, but I usually find actors adopting quasi-ethnic accented English to somehow represent non-English cultures distracting and off-putting. 

Patty Jenkins  wanted the Amazons to have an exotic accent, so, they are using Gal Gadot's Israeli English  , have to say it's a clever idea.

Also Gal , at times, has a bit of a wooden delivery , this is a bit of a cover for that. On the other hand Gal's slightly detached demeanor fits with playing a demigod.

Of note, this is General Antiope, Diana’s aunt and commander of the Amazon forces.

Guess who plays Antiope? Are you a fan of The Princess Bride? That is Buttercup!

Robin Wright … Robin has gone on to ever bigger things and is now an A list actress.

A Golden Globe for House of Cards.

She is a knock out at 50 years old!

She is gonna be stealing her scenes in the movie!

http://robinwright.org.es/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2016-07-24-wonder-woman-1-752x440.jpg

Archived