Arya's Death in the Riverlands

I like pairing Jon with Arya, as direwolves.  As humans, they both would make terrible parents.  Gendry has seen the horrors of war but Arya is another abomination entirely.  I don't know if even he can stomach Arya when he finds out what she has been up to.  Arya would be a poor foundation to build a dynasty upon, unless you want the next generation of Starks to be just like Ramsay. 

I like pairing Jon with Arya, as direwolves.  As humans, they both would make terrible parents.  Gendry has seen the horrors of war but Arya is another abomination entirely.  I don't know if even he can stomach Arya when he finds out what she has been up to.  Arya would be a poor foundation to build a dynasty upon, unless you want the next generation of Starks to be just like Ramsay. 

Why would they make bad parents? How? Arya has shown nurturing qualities in the books. She looked after Weasel and wouldn't leave her behind. She was also very loyal to her 'pack' of friends. Also why would Jon be a bad dad? I've never heard this one before.

I don't know if even he can stomach Arya when he finds out what she has been up to.  Arya would be a poor foundation to build a dynasty upon, unless you want the next generation of Starks to be just like Ramsay. 

Arya does not torture just anyone. She kills people who she thinks are murderers / rapists and people who harmed her pack with whatever means is the most efficient for her. (I dont remember her torturing anyone, for that matter. She just reminds them of the reason why she is killing them)  Her way is about Justice. She is nice to most people. She was nice to Sam, for instance. She was nice to anyone she feels is not doing something wrong. In the books she has not at all lost her capacity to be nice to good people. In the show, they do not have time to show these parts/ her conversations/ her funniness/her friendliness (in Bravos) at all. 

Also she is very protective of children . When Jon disguised himself as a ghost and connived with Robb to scare them, Sansa got frightened and ran away without thinking about baby Bran. But Arya stood her ground, and protected Bran. She scolded Jon for scaring the baby.  Arya loved playing with the kids of her father’s bannermen and inventing names for their unborn children. 

Thats why your comparing Ramsay with her is so funny. Maybe it is due to the show's incomplete and slightly changed representation of her?

Arya is one of the few characters who is so determined to do justice. Usually only Kings/Lords and knights have the soldiers/ power to be able to do that. 

Arya does not have soldiers. But that does not in any way dull her thirst for justice for murders (Mycah, Lommy etc)

She uses her brains to formulate ways she can dish out the justice despite not having the strength of Robb/Jon/Eddard and despite not having the soldiers a king usually possess to do that.

This is a very good sign for the smallfolk. Because if she ever becomes queen, and she does have the soldiers , they will have a person who will truly stand for them if anyone harms them. 

She is actually very very charismatic. She makes friends very very easily which you might have noticed in her bravos chapters. And unlike Tyrion  or Sansa or most characters she has a willingness to talk and mingle with the smallfolk without any kind of discrimantion. She is not like: Because I am a noble woman, i should stay away from the smallfolk who are dirty and uncouth.  

So in some ways, like her brother Jon, she is actually very progressive in terms of looking at small folk. Its almost as if people from our generation have gone to a feudal time. (Because its very very rare for people to not discrimnate and look down upon smallfolk)

• 3 weeks later...
Two likely places where Arya will meet her end:

1. King's Landing.  Caught by Jaime while sneaking in to kill Tommen.  He kills her with his golden hand with a blow to the head.  Quick, painless, little suffering.
  2. Slaver's Bay.  Tries to  repeat Nettles but Rhaegal will have none of it and snacks on Arya.  Quick, merciful death.

Why a quick painless death?

Don't forget, she has a second-life as a warg.  I agree she'll die working on that crazy hit list.  But she will live on in her direwolf.  As to the location of death, it's King's Landing.  That's where the prime target are, Queen Cersei and Ilyn Payne.  Cersei's a lioness and cats have nine-lives to Arya's two.  Just saying, it could go really bad for Arya.

Far more likely is undead Gregor kills her(referring to Lady Catelyn's vision in the sept where she sees danger looming over her daughters in the form of Gregor Clegane)

Far more likely is undead Gregor kills her(referring to Lady Catelyn's vision in the sept where she sees danger looming over her daughters in the form of Gregor Clegane)

How about a trial of Seven.  Gregor and the rest of Cersei's KG vs. Arya, Bronn, Sandor, Lancel, Gendry, Samwell, and Loras.  Everyone dies, except Gregor, because he's already just a walking corpse.  Cersei wins her trial and exacts revenge on the High Sparrow.  Yes, Samwell has to be there for handicapping the trial. 

• 6 months later...
On 2015. 11. 25. at 9:06 AM, Steelshanks Walton said:

Perhaps her former betrothed, Elmar, would do the honors.  Edric shoving Dawn through Arya's torso is even better and would make for a truly satisfying ending to Arya's life. 

I had forgotten about Elmar Frey. Poor boy, cried about losing his princess without knowing she was right in front of him. Maybe he'll get a role in her arc after all...

GRRM apparently has a thing on jon/arya pair. no matter they marry or not, Arya will always be the most important person for Jon, AKA his true love. 

I am almost sure that Jon will only have a politic marriage with Dany and he will betray Dany for Arya, which will be Dany's third "being betrayed".  

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

GRRM apparently has a thing on jon/arya pair. no matter they marry or not, Arya will always be the most important person for Jon, AKA his true love. 

I am almost sure that Jon will only have a politic marriage with Dany and he will betray Dany for Arya, which will be Dany's third "being betrayed".  

or Tyrion will betray Dany for Arya,  I just wish that something very dramatic would happen between Arya and Tyrion.

5 hours ago, rhoynestar said:

I had forgotten about Elmar Frey. Poor boy, cried about losing his princess without knowing she was right in front of him. Maybe he'll get a role in her arc after all...

Yeah, he was more upset about Robb's discourtesy to his family.  Edric Dayne doing the deed could also be interesting.

39 minutes ago, chetula said:

or Tyrion will betray Dany for Arya,  I just wish that something very dramatic would happen between Arya and Tyrion.

I like GRRM's original idea to have Jon and Tyrion fight over Arya. 

2 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

Dany is too smart for Jon.  She would know what he's thinking.  Besides, she has greyworm, Barristan, Belwas, and Jorah to protect her against someone like Jon.

It is funny how certain groups on here are obsessed with their hatred filled fantasies with no textual basis. Clearly insecure about the status of their own favourites.

If you don't like someone that is fine, but there is no need for these delusions.

On 2-12-2015 at 5:28 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

As I've suggested above, this foreshadowing, assumingvitvis a foreshadowing, could be satisfied by Jeyne Poole's death were she to die. 

^this

and there's also the Jon "knows nothing" thing too.

19 minutes ago, Steelshanks Walton said:

Yeah, he was more upset about Robb's discourtesy to his family.  Edric Dayne doing the deed could also be interesting.

I like GRRM's original idea to have Jon and Tyrion fight over Arya. 

Dany is too smart for Jon.  She would know what he's thinking.  Besides, she has greyworm, Barristan, Belwas, and Jorah to protect her against someone like Jon.

nobody can stop dany from falling in love with Jon (although jon will not love her, he will only marry her for duty). 

he is his father's son. he only loves stark woman. 

2 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

GRRM has described it as a favourite sibling thing, because they felt like they had the "outsider" aspect in common. He also has given an explanation why the leaked outline was written, how and why, and that it's basically meaningless from the get-go. George normally doesn't do outlines. In order to ensure himself independence from Hollywood and have all the time he needed to work on the series, he was forced to write an outline of the series, knowing ahead that in fact his own gardener style would make it superfluous. He basically forgot the outline as soon as it was written and sent to the publishers to give him the deal and never had the intention to follow it.

On December 16, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Arya-Jon said:

Arya does not torture just anyone. She kills people who she thinks are murderers / rapists and people who harmed her pack with whatever means is the most efficient for her. (I dont remember her torturing anyone, for that matter. She just reminds them of the reason why she is killing them)  Her way is about Justice. She is nice to most people. She was nice to Sam, for instance. She was nice to anyone she feels is not doing something wrong. In the books she has not at all lost her capacity to be nice to good people. In the show, they do not have time to show these parts/ her conversations/ her funniness/her friendliness (in Bravos) at all. 

Also she is very protective of children . When Jon disguised himself as a ghost and connived with Robb to scare them, Sansa got frightened and ran away without thinking about baby Bran. But Arya stood her ground, and protected Bran. She scolded Jon for scaring the baby.  Arya loved playing with the kids of her father’s bannermen and inventing names for their unborn children. 

Thats why your comparing Ramsay with her is so funny. Maybe it is due to the show's incomplete and slightly changed representation of her?

Arya is one of the few characters who is so determined to do justice. Usually only Kings/Lords and knights have the soldiers/ power to be able to do that. 

Arya does not have soldiers. But that does not in any way dull her thirst for justice for murders (Mycah, Lommy etc)

She uses her brains to formulate ways she can dish out the justice despite not having the strength of Robb/Jon/Eddard and despite not having the soldiers a king usually possess to do that.

This is a very good sign for the smallfolk. Because if she ever becomes queen, and she does have the soldiers , they will have a person who will truly stand for them if anyone harms them. 

She is actually very very charismatic. She makes friends very very easily which you might have noticed in her bravos chapters. And unlike Tyrion  or Sansa or most characters she has a willingness to talk and mingle with the smallfolk without any kind of discrimantion. She is not like: Because I am a noble woman, i should stay away from the smallfolk who are dirty and uncouth.  

So in some ways, like her brother Jon, she is actually very progressive in terms of looking at small folk. Its almost as if people from our generation have gone to a feudal time. (Because its very very rare for people to not discrimnate and look down upon smallfolk)

I agree with everything you said. It's amazing that people are not capable of seeing this and think of her as a monster. Arya kills criminals whom we as the readers know are guilty of atrocious crimes, how exactly does this make her like Ramsey who tortures people for pleasure? As a matter of fact, Ramsey is exactly the sort of person Arya targets. Arya doesn't kill for fun, or because it gives her joy. She needed a reason to kill the insurance guy, she kept making up stories about how evil he was until finally the kindly man gave her a reason to do the deed. 

This is besides the fact that she was just 8 years old and had to fend for herself and yes sometimes kill in order to survive. Westeros is not exactly Switzerland where children are safe and happy.

Despite not wanting Arya to die, perhaps there is another quote from aGoT that foreshadows her death. This is something Ned tells her, which makes me think perhaps it foreshadowing of things to come:

"You have a wildness in you, child. 'The wolf blood,' my father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch. It brought them both to an early grave."

On 12/2/2015 at 11:56 AM, Dances 2 Muzak said:

Could be this is the meaning of Jojen's prediction.  He said, "the wolves will come again."  I want something literal and this is an appropriate one for such.  Arya dies shortly in book 6, Iz catches her and executes her for killing Raf. She dies, becomes a direwolf.  It matters not where she dies as long as she lives her second life as a canine. 

Any of these imaginative scenarios work for me as long as Arya dies soon.  Even a painless death would suffice.  Why not make it spectacular.  Arya reunites with Nymeria.  Walder Frey sends his trackers and henchmen to kill the pack.  One by one, the pack is killed until only Arya remains.  The trackers and the henchmen circle up and kill her.  They leave her body behind, to feed the crows, with needle still clutched in her tiny, grimy hands.

I think that Arya, Nymeria and super pack will play a huge role in the Battle of the Dawn.

Jon as King of Winter and Others sworn to him as his Kingsguard, Three Eyed Crow Bran controlling the undead army, and Arya controlling Nymeria's super pack, Starks will bring hell to Dany, her dragons, and everyone allied with her.

Archived