Arya's Death in the Riverlands

Do you referring tor the scene I'm talking about?  Catlyn agreed to the betrothal at the Twins, and then Arya meets the Frey later on, I think Merret?  In any event she wishes that his betrothed would die, and that's her.  I assume that Frey must have died for "Arya" to have been married to Ramsay, but I guess Walder may have given his consent.  I don't exactly think Jeyne fits here, but it could work itself out.  If Jeyne makes her way to Bravos with Justin Massey and preys for death in the house of black and white as Arya.

I was referring to the needle in the snow foreshadowing. As to the princess wish, it was Elmar, and I think that was just The George being cute. But of course we could find out otherwise. 

The thing Jon said was a joke. I don't see it as a prophecy or something with import.

But what Arya said about herself could be stronger, mostly because it was a call for herself. However, I don't know if we should take everything as literally. ACoK, Arya last chapter:

Elmar gave her a scornful look. "No one cares about a serving girl’s brothers."

It was hard not to hit him when he said that. "I hope your princess dies," she said, and ran off before he could grab her.

Oh, I think it fitting for Arya to die in the Riverlands.  Anywhere would do, but since most of her enemies are in the riverlands, it makes sense for her to fall while trying to do carry out her hatred.  As to who would kill her?  Anybody would.  There's nothing good left inside that girl, she's just hate and vengeance.  Perhaps her former betrothed, Elmar, would do the honors.  Edric shoving Dawn through Arya's torso is even better and would make for a truly satisfying ending to Arya's life. 

Two likely places where Arya will meet her end:

1. King's Landing.  Caught by Jaime while sneaking in to kill Tommen.  He kills her with his golden hand with a blow to the head.  Quick, painless, little suffering.
  2. Slaver's Bay.  Tries to  repeat Nettles but Rhaegal will have none of it and snacks on Arya.  Quick, merciful death.

Two likely places where Arya will meet her end:

1. King's Landing.  Caught by Jaime while sneaking in to kill Tommen.  He kills her with his golden hand with a blow to the head.  Quick, painless, little suffering.
  2. Slaver's Bay.  Tries to  repeat Nettles but Rhaegal will have none of it and snacks on Arya.  Quick, merciful death.

"likely"

that's some alternative english my boring school didn't teach. Like the OP and many of the suggestions in the thread, highly UNlikely is a more fitting characterization for the scenarios.

Also, first post using mobile since the upgrade. Works just fine.

Don't forget, she has a second-life as a warg.  I agree she'll die working on that crazy hit list.  But she will live on in her direwolf.  As to the location of death, it's King's Landing.  That's where the prime target are, Queen Cersei and Ilyn Payne.  Cersei's a lioness and cats have nine-lives to Arya's two.  Just saying, it could go really bad for Arya.

Arya was one of GRRM's original thoughts--before Dany, before Sansa.  Her faceless training may die in the Riverlands when she is reunited with mercy and the survival of her family.    Before you go shooting her off the Twins or having Jamie cold cock her, remember she's just a little girl who has lost everything.    The great losses of my own life (and I am a mature adult age wise) have left me significantly changed. She's far away from home and family values, taking the FM as her guides and community if not family.   When she separates from the FM and returns home and finds (LSH most likely IMHO) some family member still existing I trust that her family values and humanity will return to her as well.  She will be whole for the first time in years when she is reunited with Nymeria.   Through Nymeria I expect Arya to open up to her special abilities and learn that Bran is alive--perhaps even speak to him in dreams or something.   Rickon and Sansa will both fall into her consciousness as well.  Seeing Jon, being with him, will do wonders for her.  When her mother and Robb were killed she was trying to get to Jon, but it didn't work out that way for her.  As to her vengeance and hatred, these will both serve her and all Westeros well when it is time to fight the Others.   

Don't forget, she has a second-life as a warg.  I agree she'll die working on that crazy hit list.  But she will live on in her direwolf.  As to the location of death, it's King's Landing.  That's where the prime target are, Queen Cersei and Ilyn Payne.  Cersei's a lioness and cats have nine-lives to Arya's two.  Just saying, it could go really bad for Arya.

The rules of warging doesn't limit her to a direwolf.  She can warg a regular wolf, whichever is nearby at the moment of her death.   The big joke happens if the closest animal nearby is a weasel.

A lot of the hate Arya receives stems from people being afraid that she'll kill their favorite characters. Even if Arya dies it will not be before she has her revenge on the Freys, the Lannisters and the Boltons. Wishing for her to die won't change that. SHe's already killing Frey and Lannister soldiers through passive warging of Nymeria. When she returns to Westeros, those responsible for the downfall of her family will pay a heavy price.

No it's not.  Just because someone wants to see Arya get killed trying to assassinate a Frey doesn't mean it's a hate thread.  It's not an Arya fan kiss-her-bottom thread, but it's not a hate thread.

LOL. Call it whatever you like, it is what it is. And that is a death-wishing (for your gratification, as you didn't specify reasons that it would make it a good story, but let's not call it hate) fanfic.

Two likely random places where Arya will meet her end:

Fixed it and added new ones:

3. The Water Gardens. Sneaks behind Doran to kill him but slips on a rotting orange and breaks her neck. The irony is that Doran had been dead for days in his chair but no one noticed any difference.

4. Old Wyk. Disguises as a Drowned Men acolyte to get close to Euron but Aeron gets a little too excited during the baptism and keeps her head held a bit too long underwater.

A lot of the hate Arya receives stems from people being afraid that she'll kill their favorite characters. Even if Arya dies it will not be before she has her revenge on the Freys, the Lannisters and the Boltons. Wishing for her to die won't change that. SHe's already killing Frey and Lannister soldiers through passive warging of Nymeria. When she returns to Westeros, those responsible for the downfall of her family will pay a heavy price.

That's very misguided of her.  Her own family is responsible for their downfall.  Catelyn jumped to conclusions and kidnapped Tyrion, the son of the most powerful dude in the country.  Robb promised Walder, took Walder's help and even got his son killed, then screws the man and breaks his side of the deal.  Robb kills a loyal man, for killing an enemy, after his mom let the killer of the ally's family loose.  Sansa's out in the mountains plotting to poison a little boy.  Arya just passed judgment and killed a brother of the watch and an elderly bar customer.  Jon turns his back on the realm to go find his sister.  Bran's warging his manservant.  She just needs to forget about shedding more blood. 

Fixed it and added new ones:

3. The Water Gardens. Sneaks behind Doran to kill him but slips on a rotting orange and breaks her neck. The irony is that Doran had been dead for days in his chair but no one noticed any difference.

4. Old Wyk. Disguises as a Drowned Men acolyte to get close to Euron but Aeron gets a little too excited during the baptism and keeps her head held a bit too long underwater.

haha, good ones, ser

"likely"

that's some alternative english my boring school didn't teach. Like the OP and many of the suggestions in the thread, highly UNlikely is a more fitting characterization for the scenarios.

Also, first post using mobile since the upgrade. Works just fine.

It's more likely for Arya to die given her plans to kill people who are not exactly helpless.  

It's more likely for Arya to die given her plans to kill people who are not exactly helpless.  

Oh, the possibility to end up dead does exist, I do not deny that (though that won't happen unill very close to the very end of the last book, I would avise against betting on the opposite.) The scenarios proposed, however, are over the top unlikely and completely random, and that was what I was replying to.

Archived