Arya's Death in the Riverlands

It's more likely for Arya to die given her plans to kill people who are not exactly helpless.  

What's the defense against a threat you're unaware of? She could even pass for one of Varys's little birds in the secret passages of the Red Keep, or some servant girl nobody notices. A little Strangler in Euron's nightshade, if he makes the list, servant girl disappears (changes her face), the perfect killing.

"You will marry a King, and rule his castle,and your sons will be princes, and lords, and knights, and perhaps even a High Septon."  Eddard Stark to Arya Stark  AGOT - Eddard V

I prefer this to the remark about Needle.  I think she will make it to the end, although I am not entirely sure that she will make it past the end.  She could die at the very end, but not before then.  

I also don't believe that her future role is that of an assassin, but I seem to be the only one that thinks that way.  Of course, that means she probably won't be one. since the way GRRM writes, the more popular an idea is, the less likely it is to happen.  Whatever else he does, he doesn't do the obvious..

Faceless Men disguise the appearance but the scent of the real person remains.  They can fool people, who rely on vision, but not dogs, cats/lions, and dragons who use other senses.  So yeah, Arya could end up getting killed during an attempted hit.  I would like for this to happen in Braavos, actually.  One of the zoo animals from the Sealord's garden takes a chunk off her bottom and she bleeds out.  As she takes her last breath, her consciousness transfers to the stray cat.  Syrio's stray cat.  Where she lives out her life.

Faceless Men disguise the appearance but the scent of the real person remains.  They can fool people, who rely on vision, but not dogs, cats/lions, and dragons who use other senses.  So yeah, Arya could end up getting killed during an attempted hit.  I would like for this to happen in Braavos, actually.  One of the zoo animals from the Sealord's garden takes a chunk off her bottom and she bleeds out.  As she takes her last breath, her consciousness transfers to the stray cat.  Syrio's stray cat.  Where she lives out her life.

No. If she dies, let it be home, in the North. After she's reunited with her sister and maybe her brothers.

Sorry, but you don't beat the death by blood oranges suggestion. You have to try much, much harder.

When the spring comes, they'll find her, her frozen fingers still grasping Needle.

I could almost believe this, the careless, jokey remark of Jon Snow's turning out prophetic.

RIP, Arya.

edited for spelling

As I've suggested above, this foreshadowing, assumingvitvis a foreshadowing, could be satisfied by Jeyne Poole's death were she to die. 

Don't forget, she has a second-life as a warg.  I agree she'll die working on that crazy hit list.  But she will live on in her direwolf.  As to the location of death, it's King's Landing.  That's where the prime target are, Queen Cersei and Ilyn Payne.  Cersei's a lioness and cats have nine-lives to Arya's two.  Just saying, it could go really bad for Arya.

Could be this is the meaning of Jojen's prediction.  He said, "the wolves will come again."  I want something literal and this is an appropriate one for such.  Arya dies shortly in book 6, Iz catches her and executes her for killing Raf. She dies, becomes a direwolf.  It matters not where she dies as long as she lives her second life as a canine. 

I read GRRM's first page or so draft of A Game of Thrones somewhere on the Internet a long time ago and I remember reading about how in the original story, Arya was supposed to end up with Jon but this was before his story was picked up? It was a while ago so maybe I'm remembering it wrong but its kind of always stuck in my mind since then and every time I think about where Arya's story is headed, I can't help but think it's got to tie back up with Jon again. If Jon becomes Ghost and Arya becomes Nymeria at the end, it could satisfy that bittersweet ending that GRRM is going for but I'm not sure how it would happen...

Two likely places where Arya will meet her end:

1. King's Landing.  Caught by Jaime while sneaking in to kill Tommen.  He kills her with his golden hand with a blow to the head.  Quick, painless, little suffering.
  2. Slaver's Bay.  Tries to  repeat Nettles but Rhaegal will have none of it and snacks on Arya.  Quick, merciful death.

A golden appendage can get handy at times, eh?

Too specific.  I agree Arya needs to die for the story to move forward and make satisfactory progress.  Where it happens and the manner is an unknown at this time. 

Here's a good scenario.  Arya goes to the Riverlands to work on her list.  Ever alert for the crannogmen attempting to cross without paying the toll, the Freys have posted sentries.  The Freys mistake her for a crannogman and their archers rain arrows in her direction.  They rejoice and bring back the pin cushion to the castle and find out it's little Arya Stark and not a frog eater that they killed.

"You will marry a King, and rule his castle,and your sons will be princes, and lords, and knights, and perhaps even a High Septon."  Eddard Stark to Arya Stark  AGOT - Eddard V

I prefer this to the remark about Needle.  I think she will make it to the end, although I am not entirely sure that she will make it past the end.  She could die at the very end, but not before then.  

I also don't believe that her future role is that of an assassin, but I seem to be the only one that thinks that way.  Of course, that means she probably won't be one. since the way GRRM writes, the more popular an idea is, the less likely it is to happen.  Whatever else he does, he doesn't do the obvious..

if she marries a king, then this is likely jon snow. Then unless arya and dany become love wife and duty wife, dany will need to die to let jon as king and arya as queen. 

In either case, I would be glad to see it happen. Must be fun. 

if she marries a king, then this is likely jon snow. Then unless arya and dany become love wife and duty wife, dany will need to die to let jon as king and arya as queen. 

In either case, I would be glad to see it happen. Must be fun. 

Note that he said "king", not the king.  I expect some of the "Kingdoms" may split off, and she could marry someone and they could be co-rulers and king and queen of the North, or perhaps one of the others.  There are a lot of squire-age types around that might suit her and potentially be competent as a co-ruler.  My problem is, I don't particularly like Jon/Arya.  Oh, well.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Note that he said "king", not the king.  I expect some of the "Kingdoms" may split off, and she could marry someone and they could be co-rulers and king and queen of the North, or perhaps one of the others.  There are a lot of squire-age types around that might suit her and potentially be competent as a co-ruler.  My problem is, I don't particularly like Jon/Arya.  Oh, well.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Queen of the north seems impossible. Unless Bran, Rickon, Sansa all died. 

A petty kingdom, maybe with Edric Storm in Storm's end? the final pact of Ned and Robert?

By the way, the HBO show changed this word "a king" into "a powerful lord" and combined Gendry and Edric into one person. 

So I think it is indeed likely that Arya will marry Edric Storm in the show. 

Queen of the north seems impossible. Unless Bran, Rickon, Sansa all died. 

A petty kingdom, maybe with Edric Storm in Storm's end? the final pact of Ned and Robert?

By the way, the HBO show changed this word "a king" into "a powerful lord" and combined Gendry and Edric into one person. 

So I think it is indeed likely that Arya will marry Edric Storm in the show. 

Bran likely can't have kids, and Sansa may well marry someone else who is powerful.  Don't know about Rickon.  It was just a thought.  I was thinking more along he lines of Edric Dayne, who she has already met.   Edric Storm works though,, as do a lot of others.  In the event that the North is available, she would be a good choice.  And if everyone else is either dead or doing something else, it might be available.  Rickon would likely be too young in any case, even if they are in extremis regarding leaders.

Bran likely can't have kids, and Sansa may well marry someone else who is powerful.  Don't know about Rickon.  It was just a thought.  I was thinking more along he lines of Edric Dayne, who she has already met.   Edric Storm works though,, as do a lot of others.  In the event that the North is available, she would be a good choice.  And if everyone else is either dead or doing something else, it might be available.  Rickon would likely be too young in any case, even if they are in extremis regarding leaders.

there is nobody powerful for sansa to marry, only option is Aegon but he is doomed to fail. 

But I do think Sansa will die, as queen of Aegon, perhaps. 

Rickon is specifically designed to take Winterfell and north, I think. 

He will not die. Arya can surely help him to rule, but she can not be the queen. 

Dayne? I do not think so. Dayne is such a gentle, nice and graceful kid, he does not seem to be a match for a wild and fierce killer wife like Arya. He was even worried Arya may throw stones at him. 

Edric Dayne and Edric Storm do not even exist in the show. If Grrm planned to marry Arya to them, then surely the show runners would have created these characters by now. Arya is the main character. And no introduction at all to her future husband? And changing the name of the character she is intended to marry?

Plus not all men like women who kill. There are men who are feminist and pro-sex equality like Jon Snow. But not all men are.

Gendry is one guy who may be willing to accept Arya that way. But Arya's story has always been of that of a Pack. Ned's line about finding a pack is very important in her narrative. In her mind Gendry abandoned her by staying with the brotherhood .So she concludes he is not her pack. Moreover Grrm has stated that they have different destinies.

She has always been searching for her pack. . And the title of the last book was "A time for wolves" before being changed to a dream for spring. That could possibly mean that the Wolves will get the opportunity to rule entire westeros . So , I expect the trio of Sansa, Jon and Arya ruling, With Arya married to Jon and Sansa to Sandor? 

Honestly, the way they miss each other only death can seperate Jon-Arya.

Archived