Which Character do you think least deserved their fate?

TimJames

Pretty much everyone? it's not a competition of who deserved it the least or who had it the worst tbh. pretty much every single character has been through things they didn't deserve. but I'll just mention the first ones that pop into my head:

- Jeyne Poole
- Theon greyjoy
- Robb Stark
- Catelyn Tully
- Ned Stark
- Arya Stark
- OK fuck it all the starks...
- Tyrion Lannister
- Jaime Lannister
- Lancel Lannister
- Even Cersei Lannister didn't deserve what she got!
- Palla
- Pia
- Kyra
- Beth Cassell
- Baelor Blacktyde
- All the unmentioned smallfolk who suffered because of the war (or the exploitation of the higher class)

and everyone else that I wasn't thinking off at the moment who suffered.

also all the badguys who survived and prospered despite what they did. The ones I can think off now are Ramsay and Roose mostly.

I would argue over Brandon Stark and Jon Snow.  The rrest are fine.

I said all the Starks, not Jon Snow.

Why do you think Brandon deserved to die suffocating in his chains?

Eh while I liked Kevan I'd say he deserved death. Not at that time, since he was actually doing some good, but he was an active participant in Tywins council of war criminals.

Yes, that's what I meant, not at that time.

Considering the intensity of what they went through, I'd say Jeyne/Theon, Jeyne moreso, considering she had less agency than Theon in her fate, but both got screwed over pretty royally by GRRM.

For once I agree with you. There's a lot of innocents in this story who have bad things happen to them, but no one is more of an innocent bystander than Jeyne Poole. And there's a special kind of intimate horror to what happened to her that makes it worse than the more graphic things that happen to other characters.

Of all the main characters, kids who can't pick up a sword excluded (cuz..well they all win, hands down...), I'd say Theon.  His dad got his ass kicked and basically lost his son.  Theon was pulled from his own family, where he was heir, and sent from everything he'd ever known as a sea faring race to living in the freezing forrested hills of nowhere.  And despite being treated well, he was kind of a result of his upbringing.  He even lied about killing his foster family, trying to keep up appearances, and then gets tortured into not even being himself, and (likely) fed his own penis.  I mean....it's one thing to claim someone like Ned or Brienne were ill treated or not deserving of their fate, but those characters knew the risks of raising their swords and entering the viper's nest of King's Landing.  Theon?  He didn't have much of a choice about the course of his life, and by the time he could have understood his own power, it was (literally) ripped from him.

Of the characters I give a damn about, Bran and Arya. Sansa betrayed her family. Jon made various choices. Cat kidnapped Tyrion. Robb makes mistakes. Ned was too proud and made mistakes. Arya and Bran did nothing; horrible things happened to them out of their control.

Of the characters I give a damn about, Bran and Arya. Sansa betrayed her family. Jon made various choices. Cat kidnapped Tyrion. Robb makes mistakes. Ned was too proud and made mistakes. Arya and Bran did nothing; horrible things happened to them out of their control.

Sansa was a little annoying shit in the first book, but this isn't true. GRRM specifically had D&D write her telling Cersei out of the show because it gave book readers the wrong impression of her character.

She is absolutely loyal to House Stark.

Sansa was a little annoying shit in the first book, but this isn't true. GRRM specifically had D&D write her telling Cersei out of the show because it gave book readers the wrong impression of her character.

She is absolutely loyal to House Stark.

It took me two rereads before for my opinion of Sansa to recover. She did give a terrible first impression in the first novel.

Archived