Legends of Tomorrow. Caution, the *spoilers* may unravel your space-time continuum

Bastard of Boston

• 1 month later...

They did a great job with the alternate reality except for one minor bit that bothered me...Merlyn and Dahrk are worried about how to kill a speedster, yet they have Flash's mask and cowl in their trophy case...

They get points for not resolving the alternate reality in just one episode though.  And a great Felicity cameo...finally getting her into a mask...

I guess we can assume Thawne killed Flash, which would still make their point valid.  I love how they included the Hall of Doom!

Honestly, this one and Supergirl are definitely my favorite of the CW DC shows now.  And that's saying quite a bit after how mediocre the first season of LoT was.  They just seem to have kept the fun factor going much better than Arrow or Flash.

7 hours ago, DivisionByZero said:

I guess we can assume Thawne killed Flash, which would still make their point valid.  I love how they included the Hall of Doom!

The only reason I was "bothered" by it and didn't assume Thawn assisted in killing the Flash was because it was clearly Darhk's trophy case...but I digress...

is this show the best of the CW bunch because it's genuinely good or because Arrow and Flash are continuing to disappoint?

Reading the comments I do like how the show seems to be combining villains from both shows. The comments about fun are interesting as that's when I lost interest in Flash when the fun dropped and could no longer mask the other flaws.

Maybe season 2 of this show is where I should dip my toes back into the DCCW. Although my general backlog at the moment is prohibitive at the moment.

15 minutes ago, red snow said:

is this show the best of the CW bunch because it's genuinely good or because Arrow and Flash are continuing to disappoint?

Reading the comments I do like how the show seems to be combining villains from both shows. The comments about fun are interesting as that's when I lost interest in Flash when the fun dropped and could no longer mask the other flaws.

Maybe season 2 of this show is where I should dip my toes back into the DCCW. Although my general backlog at the moment is prohibitive at the moment.

I'd say it feels a lot like season 1 of The Flash. It's good fun, doesn't take itself to seriously and doesn't dwell to much on inconsistencies. Plus the Hawk people are gone and their replacements are much better. There's an episode where they hang out with J.R.R Tolkien in WW1 and spend half the run-time dropping LOTR references.

Plus Arrow is actually pretty good again. Especially the last couple of episodes. Prometheus is a surprisingly strong villain, up there with Deathstroke as the shows best.

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

I'd say it feels a lot like season 1 of The Flash. It's good fun, doesn't take itself to seriously and doesn't dwell to much on inconsistencies. Plus the Hawk people are gone and their replacements are much better. There's an episode where they hang out with J.R.R Tolkien in WW1 and spend half the run-time dropping LOTR references.

Plus Arrow is actually pretty good again. Especially the last couple of episodes. Prometheus is a surprisingly strong villain, up there with Deathstroke as the shows best.

That does sound fun - I guess with time-travel you either have to take it way too seriously or just go Dr Who and embrace the concept and not worry too much about paradoxes etc.

Good to hear Arrow has picked up again too. It bemused me why it strayed away from what was a working formula in the first two seasons. In a lot of ways it stuck to the bad aspects (flashbacks and lies/angst) instead of sticking to the vigilante case of the week and fun character interactions. Good villains always help

Archived