Legends of Tomorrow. Caution, the *spoilers* may unravel your space-time continuum

Bastard of Boston

I thought the premiere was decent, though I feel like the trailers for this show will be better than any of the episodes -- just seems like those were a promise the show won't keep. I like the reveal that the "Legends" distinction is deceiving, though I have a hard time believing people like Palmer and Stein have leave no mark. Palmer was CEO of a pretty massive empire, no? But, whatever works. I don't like the new Firestorm, though...I feel like the dude is a terrible actor.

Not exactly the most thrilling start to the series. Might have been better to speed through the character introductions more quickly or have a two hour premiere. That way they could actually have had something resembling a story to go with all the setup work.

5 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

I don't like the new Firestorm, though...I feel like the dude is a terrible actor.

Presumably maintaining continuity in the acting quality was a big concern when casting the role.

I'm waiting until the season is finished and I get feedback from the rest of you. I really don't care much about the line-up so Rip Hunter would have to be good to give me much hope. It feels like a B-list Justice League and I have little faith in them being able to juggle such a large cast.

But if I hear it's a fun done-in-one season arc I'll certainly check it out. Hopefully the season's resolution doesn't require the last minute appearance of the Arrow and Flash

3 minutes ago, red snow said:

I'm waiting until the season is finished and I get feedback from the rest of you.

Probably a wise decision. I've got too much free time at the moment, so I'm almost certainly going to be watching weekly.

Regarding my suggestion of making the pilot two hours: I totally missed that the titles of episodes one and two are "Pilot, Part 1" and "Part 2" respectively. Seems like a bad move to split them up over two weeks.

2 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Probably a wise decision. I've got too much free time at the moment, so I'm almost certainly going to be watching weekly.

Regarding my suggestion of making the pilot two hours: I totally missed that the titles of episodes one and two are "Pilot, Part 1" and "Part 2" respectively. Seems like a bad move to split them up over two weeks.

It's a good time of year to launch mid-level quality shows. I've been using it to catch up on Fargo and Penny dreadful. First episode of Fargo did not make me regret putting the CW shows on hold :)

Dont watch Arrrow nor Flash and probably missed some stuff, but overall it was fun.

I, although, hated the acting of one of the two criminals (dont remember the names), not the bald one, the almost bad one. Oh, and Hawkman or whataver is bland as hell.

And there is not enough women on the team.

Apart from that it was fun.

7 hours ago, Arkash said:

Dont watch Arrrow nor Flash and probably missed some stuff, but overall it was fun.

I, although, hated the acting of one of the two criminals (dont remember the names), not the bald one, the almost bad one. Oh, and Hawkman or whataver is bland as hell.

And there is not enough women on the team.

Apart from that it was fun.

Yeah Wentworth Miller really hammed it up.

I'll wait a few episodes before truly judging this, but hoping it finds it's feet before too long. I don't like either Hawkperson, or the young half of Firestorm. I often complain about Timeline bullshit in shows like this so I will do my best to follow Austin Powers advice.

And out of interest has anyone ever been in a bar where that sort of fight has broken out?

13 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Ewwww, they already have people drugging each other.  I don't know why but something about Stein roofy-ing Jeffrey disgusted me greatly.  And then being dragged through time without his consent was treated as no big deal.  Ugh.  

Honestly, i was absolutely stunned they did that. They had an older man, drug and kidnap a young man. And NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT ON THE SHIP?!?!

Right off the bat they do something so dumb that it kinda ruins the rest of it, even if the rest was actually decent. 

3 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

ok.... So I didn't miss anything?.... cool.... thanks.....

but isn't airing it a week a part the same as it just being another episode?...

To us yeah but when they were pitching the show they would have sent next weeks episode to CW as well.

5 hours ago, Lord Hanna said:

Honestly, i was absolutely stunned they did that. They had an older man, drug and kidnap a young man. And NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT ON THE SHIP?!?!

Right off the bat they do something so dumb that it kinda ruins the rest of it, even if the rest was actually decent. 

Not only was it dumb, it was completely unnecessary. We already went through this exact arc with New Young Firestorm on Flash; he didn't wanna be a hero, then he did. Oh, wait, you actually want to me to be a hero for real? Nah, I'm out. OK I quite like being part of a team, I'm back in again.

Episode was too setup heavy, if I hadn't been fed the back stories intravenously through Arrow and Flash it would've looked like the most ridiculous show ever. Tacky Egypt flashbacks alongside tacky 22nd century flash forwards. I don't mind the actual cast, hopefully they don't dwell on why everyone's here and just get on and make it fun. 

15 hours ago, Lord Hanna said:

If Jax doesn't want to get knocked out and taken on time traveling adventures, he shouldn't walk around dressed like that.

Archived