Legends of Tomorrow. Caution, the *spoilers* may unravel your space-time continuum

Bastard of Boston

9 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Wow.  You have some issues.  

All I do is question if there was a reason you spelt it Kronos, I don't read DC and just assumed it was Chronos, but maybe you knew something I didn't. Obviously this means I have issues? What?

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

All I do is question if there was a reason you spelt it Kronos, I don't read DC and just assumed it was Chronos, but maybe you knew something I didn't. Obviously this means I have issues? What?

It's funny.  I recall when I wrote the post I wondered if I should spend time verifying the spelling because I don't have cause to keep track of Chronos/Kronos/Cronus/etc because I figured there'd be at least one supreme douchebag who'd act like he didn't know what character I was talking about on a comic book show even though there is only one character on the show with that name.  It really was my mistake for giving the benefit of the doubt.  

Oh for fucks sake. I knew what character you were talking about and never pretended I didn't. I assumed it was spelt one way, but saw another spelling and was questioning simply the spelling. It wasn't a big deal, just a simple question, and I don't get why you've got such a bee in your bonnet about it.

Now that we've cleared which greek mythological entity the time travelling bounty hunter formerly known as Heatwave is named after, can we get back to talking about the fact that this show clearly has now time travel rules at all? Or better: let's not, because that'd just be futile.

I found this episode weirdly entertaining (certainly more so than The Flash, which is similarly nonsensical), in part beacuse the big finale was simply unashamedly set in a big, empty warehouse. That's clearly how you save enough of the budget for all those special effects.

4 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Now that we've cleared which greek mythological entity the time travelling bounty hunter formerly known as Heatwave is named after, can we get back to talking about the fact that this show clearly has now time travel rules at all? Or better: let's not, because that'd just be futile.

I agree. 

4 hours ago, Jon AS said:

I found this episode weirdly entertaining (certainly more so than The Flash, which is similarly nonsensical), in part beacuse the big finale was simply unashamedly set in a big, empty warehouse. That's clearly how you save enough of the budget for all those special effects.

That's because it had a better villain, one that you can believe it would take the entire team to bring down, unlike some immortal who fights with knives.

But of course, predictably, it will all end where/when the confrontation with Savage should have happened in the first place. Sure Savage is "at the height of his power", but at least no one would be screwing with the entire history of the 20th and 21st centuries.

Can't wait for the season finale, so I can say "I'm out" afterwards.

It was weirdly entertaining but once again, there are some crazy loopholes in it. I just wish before making this series, someone seriously discussed the temporal physics and set some ground rules, because this way, it just seems as they are adding random things as they go on...

Giant killer robot! That's more like it.

Not that the rest of the episode lived up to that promise. Savage's daughter came around awfully quickly.

I feel that the twist with Carter could have had impact if either Carter or Savage had been interesting and charismatic earlier.

But everything just falls apart when they fail to kill Savage yet again.:rolleyes:

Oh, but nice to get confirmation that Rip really only cares about his family, he couldn't have cared less about any of the refugees.

Also, wouldn't Kendra's "Victorian incarnation" have overlapped with her older Wild West one? Do these writers even talk to each other?

A friend of mine told me that feminism just took a huge blow, i had no idea what he was talking about so I tuned it. Welp, guess he was right.

Yes Kendra, spare a mass-murdering psychopathic liar because he is supposedly the only one who can do something which we know he would never do. Follow your heart dear, sacrifice the lives of further millions of Savage's victims in the name of saving a man who is supposedly your true love. I am certain that in the millions of people in the world that he is the only one who can complete you and that his life is worth the possible future of mankind.

All very healthy aesops.

Why is Kendra so stupid. Did she forget Hawkman will simply be reborn if she kills him. Even if Savage is magically the only person who can fix this version of the character, did Kendra simply forget she had the option to hit the reset button, lol

6 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Oh, but nice to get confirmation that Rip really only cares about his family, he couldn't have cared less about any of the refugees.

Yeah, I thought it was about saving the world. Nope, it's just about the fam.

Because if it was about saving the world, then the opportune moment in the timeline to take care of Savage would have been that one time when Oliver and Barry pitched in and turned Savage into dust. All you would have to do is make sure that no asshole comes along and resurrects Savage. Maybe that part of the timeline is hidden from time master Rip. :rolleyes:

And the giant robot fight had plenty of stupid moments. 1) Is there a limit to how big Ray could have grown? Because maybe he could have made himself twice as big and finish the fight in 5 seconds. 2) It took cheerleader Jeff to remind Ray that he had laser weapons on the suit he invented. smh 3) Why CGI Ray's face in that scene? Was that easier than scaling down the environment? 

And what was the point of keeping Firestorm out of the fight?

And of course, Kendra :bang:

Civil War spoilers (yes I'm in the right thread):

Spoiler

This episode aired one day before Civil War was released here, just beating Ant-Man to the punch of guy-with-shrinking-suit-turns-it-into-embiggining-suit. Glad I saw Civil War first to keep the surprise.

I totally missed what Savage had on Carter...? Why couldn't she kill him?

Also, I was thinking with the ending to the series, there's no way they can get dropped back off on that rooftop in January 2016. It'd ruin Arrow and Flash continuity, where they haven't been all season. So I assume something will come along which means they return in the summer.......except Sara's sister died. I can't see how they're gonna work that. Sara can't stay on the team forever and just never be told what's happened, they'll have to invent some timey wimey reason that January is 'blocked'. April, to comfort your Dad? Blocked. Gotta be June for some reason. Or maybe they all live happily ever after in a completely different century.

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I totally missed what Savage had on Carter...? Why couldn't she kill him?

He's the only one who knows how to undo Carters brainwashing, except the obvious just shoot him and wait for his reincarnation.

Wow, even with all the shit the various DC shows have served up instead of proper storytelling over the years, this series still manages to consistently surprise with how stupid it is.

But hey, Carter is back! I know we all missed that guy...

It's unbelievable how selfish and stupid these people are. There is not much more I can take of this show.

• Deus Ex Carter comes back, but Savage still doesn't get his brains splattered with the magic mace, because Rip now also hopes he can get his job back.
  • Is it possible to just splatter the magic mace with some of Kendra blood, too, in order to kill Savage? Because she is clearly not suited for the one job she has.
  • Sara, a skilled fighter (I won't name her assassin because she doesn't assassinate anyone) - give her the job to pilot a time ship for the first time in her life. Douche Palmer, a scientist who designed a flying suit - give him the job to confront a deadly immortal. Yep, good leadership skills there, Rip! (rhymes with Rick, and leadership skills are similar) 
  • Dr. Brainless, meanwhile, decides to save his buddy by sending him away, boldly potentially sacrificing his life. I'm confused though why he had to send him alone. There's room on that shuttle for more people. 

14 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Deus Ex Carter comes back, but Savage still doesn't get his brains splattered with the magic mace, because Rip now also hopes he can get his job back.

When Carter got stabbed I briefly thought that we'd at least we'd get to watch him die again. Then when Rip said he was fine I actually allowed myself to believe that he was lying to trick Kendra into finishing their damned mission. But of course Rip sucks even more than we've been led to believe.

So why didn't they kill Savage again this week? This was only the third or fourth time they had this guy beaten and at their mercy. I also can't even think of one logical reason to bring Savage to the Time Masters, the guys obsessed with preserving history, who spent all season trying to kill them. This show really isn't that great.

I knew Burrows and Scofield were destined for great things after they broke out of prison!   And this Prison Break spinoff has a lot of potential.   I can also see it becoming a prequel to Prison Break, since they have the ability to go back in time and then get themselves arrested to set up their original show on Fox.   

Archived