Legends of Tomorrow. Caution, the *spoilers* may unravel your space-time continuum

Bastard of Boston

Dear god this show is silly. Unpologetically so, but... wow. The team worked better this week, but everybody ignoring the career criminals' expertise when it comes to crime was annoying.

I hope not every episode is going to be about running into Savage only for him to get away again. That would be really boring, even if the arc only lasts a dozen episodes.

What gives me hope is that

they killed Hawkman. That guy was such a drag.

I actually like the zaniness. I think I'm just me forgiving than a lot of you on these shows. 

I agree that it can't be Savage escaping each episode. 

Some of the upcoming guest appearances I think will be fun.  Future versions and all... 

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I actually like the zaniness.

It works, up until it doesn't. Like any time the actual serious drama gets brought up. The mood swings are just a bit too much. You can have your Norwegian terrorist weapons auctions (where people bid by firing guns in the air) and atomic bombs with big, digital countdown clocks attached. You can have Sara (who has clearly decided to just enjoy herself) getting high and flirting with young Stein. You can have Cold and Heatwave being more concerned with giving Ray shit than with any actual danger they might be in. I'm going to enjoy all that, but it's just impossible for me to then take the threat of Savage seriously. Neither the Hawke's tragic backstory nor Rory's dead family work when combined with that tone. Actually I'm not sure they'd work on their own, the writing simply isn't strong enough.

4 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Pretty sad when the two most important people in your team are also the most boring.

If they've made one error that I have trouble forgiving it's deciding to tie the Hawks into Vandal Savage...it's like they wanted to recreate the comic book insanity...

26 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

If they've made one error that I have trouble forgiving it's deciding to tie the Hawks into Vandal Savage...it's like they wanted to recreate the comic book insanity...

I think the second-biggest error is just writing the Hawks poorly. They're focusing far too much on their past and destiny of being lovers, rather than on how they experience different stages in time. You could do something really fascinating with two characters who have thousands of years worth of knowledge and skills. Maybe they should talk to some writers from Forever.:P(though admittedly I was never much of a fan of that show either).

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Pretty sad when the two most important people in your team are also the most boring.

I had such high hopes... But, man, was those two episodes boring. And them insisting on "destined to love each other" has gone cheesy, not romantic. 

39 minutes ago, Risto said:

I had such high hopes... But, man, was those two episodes boring. And them insisting on "destined to love each other" has gone cheesy, not romantic. 

You know, normally I would say you are jumping to conclusions, as its only two episodes, but I think im gonna toss in the towel with this series. I have no interest in more episodes involving Kendra whining about her ridiculously unhealthy relationships with Carter.

This shit is not romantic and I think you are being too kind in calling it cheesy....its fucking psychotic "We are destined to be together, hundreds of times, forevermore". Uhmm that sounds like two people who really should be seek professional help, like making-Eobard-Thawne-seem-perfectly-sane-in-comparison loony.

I think I'm going to stick around now that Carter is dead.  Not only was the relationship annoying and I was sick of hearing about it, I simply didn't believe they were actually lovers rather than siblings.  The actors look way too much alike.  

fml

And it will probably be in the most angsty annoying way possible, like traveling to a time where they haven't yet been killed by Savage and then Kendra will have to pine and Carter will have to go through the very difficult struggle of figuring out how to manage twins of his look-a-like lover.  

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

You know, normally I would say you are jumping to conclusions, as its only two episodes, but I think im gonna toss in the towel with this series. I have no interest in more episodes involving Kendra whining about her ridiculously unhealthy relationships with Carter.

This shit is not romantic and I think you are being too kind in calling it cheesy....its fucking psychotic "We are destined to be together, hundreds of times, forevermore". Uhmm that sounds like two people who really should be seek professional help, like making-Eobard-Thawne-seem-perfectly-sane-in-comparison loony.

I am really on the fence here... Both this and Supergirl are really not working for me... And, as far as it is slow period, I can survive watching them, but when the March/April shows begin.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

fml

And it will probably be in the most angsty annoying way possible, like traveling to a time where they haven't yet been killed by Savage and then Kendra will have to pine and Carter will have to go through the very difficult struggle of figuring out how to manage twins of his look-a-like lover.  

Yeah, remember the Eobad 2.0?: ) 

Heh, looking around the internet, everybody seems to be happy with Carter's death (could we get a spoiler warning in the thread title btw?), I guess we know who the Laurel of the cast is already. And we've only seen the pilot so far!

Now let us watch the writers not only bring him back permanently, but make him the only cast member to carry over into season 2.:P

2 hours ago, Jon AS said:

(could we get a spoiler warning in the thread title btw?)

Done!

I may be in the minority, per usual, but I didn't/don't mind the Hawks. Maybe because I see the story-telling potential. I think they were utilized poorly and the actors playing Kendra and Carter don't seem to have much romantic chemistry. I don't know how much of that is the actors vs the writers. I actually prefer Carter to Kendra. I think the actor has a great commanding voice, which translates well to the character. I'm positive we'll see him again, as it's already been hinted in interviews. They'll no doubt come across him as they move through time, and something tells me the series will end with them undoing his death and Kendra having her happy ending.

I was actually wondering if it had dawned on the writers that Rip could have the most success with this Savage problem if he just popped into hundreds of times, collecting all the Hawk couples and then either storing them away so that Savage doesn't gain strength from eating their souls or whatever, or else having a Hawk army fight Savage because surely a Hawk army can defeat him. 

2 hours ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Season 2, where all the teammembers are Hawkman from a different time-period.

Ah...you've likely touched on the way we'll see him back...in that we'll still see him this season because Kendra needs to be all angsty.  They'll run into a Carter from an earlier time (the old west trip perhaps?) and they'll find a Carter who hasn't found his Kendra yet and then MELODRAMA!

Actually, Season 2 will likely have the Hawks, Laurel, and whomever the fans decide to hate by the end of the current seasons...just saying...

I still think the most CW-esque angst and melodrama will be a Carter who has found his Kendra.  She and other Kendra will have melodrama eyes and angsty dialogue and other timeline Carter will be torn on the ethics of being with soul mate twins.  

3 hours ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Season 2, where all the teammembers are Hawkman from a different time-period.

Ohhh! Now we're talking!

8 minutes ago, Risto said:

This was cleared for Season 2?

Probably not. But it has been suggested that if there are going to be future seasons, there'll be major changes to the main cast, possibly an entirely different group.

Because I want to inject some positivity into my posts (and to remind myself why, for all its faults, I still enjoyed the episode), I just rewatched the fight scene from the beginning of the episode to bask in the glorious insanity of it all. Starting with the setting, which is this big warehouse (in Norway!) filled with random assortments of crates, weapons, military vehicles and vaguely rocket shaped things (I think these are my favourite background props). Then there are the culturally diverse gangs of villains who unhesitantly start fighting our heroes at the drop of a hat (and keep fighting even when a nuclear bomb is about to explode). And everything is captured in nice, clear wide shots, allowing us to take it all in. In a comic book, this would be a two page spread.

Archived