What would tywin do? (WWTD)

The scourge of westeros

To avoid further speculation of events we don't have enough information on, I decided to start this thread for a little fun. 

In this thread we can apply tywin's pragmatic and ruthless thinking to everyday events or issues of our own. 

We can present a situation and comment on the many different ways tywin would deal with said situations. 

Feel free to add, comment, and speculate! 

Let the games begin!

Cool thread.Ignore those silly responses, OP.

How would Tywin react to the terrorists if he was president of France?

tywin in would send the mountain that rides after insurgent groups flying the insurgents own flags. Effectively creating a civil war within the ranks of his enemies.... Typical tywin lol

99.9 percent of all answers will be "Tywin kills them."

Here's a question: what if Tywin finds out about Jaime and Cersei's relationship? What does he do?

Exactly what he did in the story (Not saying he actually knew, but that he acted in the same way he would have if he had known)

But what Tywin do about HBO spoiling the books?

Cool thread.Ignore those silly responses, OP.

How would Tywin react to the terrorists if he was president of France?

I think there would be a massive bombing campaign against Daesh while special forces would be sent in if deemed necessary. At the same time offers would be made to selected leaders and supporters of Daesh to switch sides or at least abandon their support for Daesh in exchange for being allowed to go underground and make a new life with a new identity. To that even more support to the Kurds and other enemies of Daesh.

In France itself I would think that Tywin introduces some more right-wing policies leaning towards a more hardline attitude to potentialy terrorists with additional powers to law enforcements that could well go beyond what previously would have been accepted.

What would tywin do about $15 dollar minimum wage?

I'll assume he'll do...nothing at all about it.

Tywin today would be hampered by the same constraints we are.  Do you think Donald Trump is any better than Tywin? 

Sigh...I'm never one to want to get into a political debate because that is one thing I don't have strong opinions on, but I live in Texas and every time I hear Trump talk about building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico, I can't help but picture The Wall and the Night's Watch. "Illegal immigrants gather and now my watch begins." There's a joke there, but I am just not clever enough. As for WWTD, I can't see Tywin trying to charge Mexico for building our wall since Lannisters pay their debts and all. 

I think there would be a massive bombing campaign against Daesh while special forces would be sent in if deemed necessary. At the same time offers would be made to selected leaders and supporters of Daesh to switch sides or at least abandon their support for Daesh in exchange for being allowed to go underground and make a new life with a new identity. To that even more support to the Kurds and other enemies of Daesh.

In France itself I would think that Tywin introduces some more right-wing policies leaning towards a more hardline attitude to potentialy terrorists with additional powers to law enforcements that could well go beyond what previously would have been accepted.

I'll assume he'll do...nothing at all about it.

I think of Tywin as realistic, pragmatic, without moral compunctions or philosophy. I doubt that he would look at Daesh, and see a monolithic Big Bad; instead, he'd see a mishmash of alliances to exploit. He might ally with some Daesh groups, while openly terrorizing the civilians of another. He would certainly make an alliance with Iran, as the Shia should be his allies. He might support Russia and the Syrian regime, while helping Turks murder their Kurds in cold blood, in return for staying out of the situation, while building up the Kurdish regions of ex-Iraq.

Anyhow, I see a lot of alliances and terrorizing of civilians. No "whoops, our drone took out a wedding, we're sorry!" More like "we aimed our drone at the wedding, and the next thing, we're taking out that school full of children, and next to go will be that little village, and next we're taking out the children's hospital. Oh, and it's too late to change your mind."

tywin is not a nice man. btw I can even see him removing Israel from the map, as a bonus to whoever sides with him.

anyhow he's one of my favorite characters in the novel, but purely as a literary creation. In rl, I'd want him deader than dead.

I think of Tywin as realistic, pragmatic, without moral compunctions or philosophy. I doubt that he would look at Daesh, and see a monolithic Big Bad; instead, he'd see a mishmash of alliances to exploit. He might ally with some Daesh groups, while openly terrorizing the civilians of another. He would certainly make an alliance with Iran, as the Shia should be his allies. He might support Russia and the Syrian regime, while helping Turks murder their Kurds in cold blood, in return for staying out of the situation, while building up the Kurdish regions of ex-Iraq.

Anyhow, I see a lot of alliances and terrorizing of civilians. No "whoops, our drone took out a wedding, we're sorry!" More like "we aimed our drone at the wedding, and the next thing, we're taking out that school full of children, and next to go will be that little village, and next we're taking out the children's hospital. Oh, and it's too late to change your mind."

tywin is not a nice man. btw I can even see him removing Israel from the map, as a bonus to whoever sides with him.

anyhow he's one of my favorite characters in the novel, but purely as a literary creation. In rl, I'd want him deader than dead.

All are very possible. However I would believe that after such a public attack as the one in Paris, a very public revenge would be needed to show you don't mess with Tywin, and thus I don't think that in the long run he'd be allowing anything that publically could be seen as a surviving Daesh to slip away.

All are very possible. However I would believe that after such a public attack as the one in Paris, a very public revenge would be needed to show you don't mess with Tywin, and thus I don't think that in the long run he'd be allowing anything that publically could be seen as a surviving Daesh to slip away.

You never see Tywin having to deal with public opinion in the novels, as the commonalty is nothing. He doesn't have to worry about votes, polling, congress, parliament. That leaves him free to act as he wants: Rebels can be allowed to bend the knee and go their merry way, public opinion be damned. Cities can be looted, children can be killed, entire families wiped out, whole regions destroyed. It doesn't matter, so long as he has made an impression, wiped out his enemies, gained alliances. I was making suggestions based on Tywin being in a position where he doesn't need to worry about votes or public opinion.

If he's POTUS...idk. As you say, he'd have to make an impression, and it'd have to be dramatic.

Tywin's all about political marriages to seal an alliance, so right now he'd be planning a Paul Ryan-Vladimir Putin wedding

"We need the Russians on our side, Ryan"

"But sir..."

"But nothing. You will marry Vladimir Putin and bear him sons"

"That's biologically impossible!"

"Find a way! Or I'll bring back that Boehner woman to do the job"

Archived