What would tywin do? (WWTD)

The scourge of westeros

Is Frank Underwood the modern version of Tywin?

No, Tywin doesn't like getting his hands dirty when others can do it for him, so he'd never do something like

pushing Zoe in front of a train or suffocating Peter

I mean, Tywin wouldn't do it himself

Seeing how he doesn't give two fucks about the smallfolk and actively repealed all the rights they attained under Aegon V, I'd say he would try to lower it even further.

Just for a correction, Tywin "only" revoked the rights that Aegon V himself had not revoked due to the intense opposition to his policies. In short Tywin revoked a couple of remnents of Aegon's reforms and did not destroy some egaliterian paradise.

No, Tywin doesn't like getting his hands dirty when others can do it for him, so he'd never do something like

Hidden Content

I mean, Tywin wouldn't do it himself

Well, I'm not sure if he had a choice - unlike Tywin who has an army of supporters, a  modern day politician isn't really in the same position. It's not like he could have just sicked Gregor on them and pleaded ignorance. If Tywin had no choice he wouldn't hesitate I think.

Who is Frank Underwood?

More:

What would Tywin do if he was on Hitler's skin when the war was ending and Germany was already doomed?

He's the main character in the TV show House of Cards. If you like the political aspects of ASOIAF and ruthless magnificent bastards lik Tywin, I highly recommend it. 

Well, if everything is doomed there's not much even Tywin would have bn able to do. He would try to drive a wedge into the alliance against him by offering generous terms if possible - make peace with Britian/US/Russia. If its truly too late he might flee to fight another day I think.

You never see Tywin having to deal with public opinion in the novels, as the commonalty is nothing. He doesn't have to worry about votes, polling, congress, parliament.

Nah, he needs to dealt with the public opinion among highborn society, that was the reason he have to build alliance with Tyrells and share his power with them, that was why he granted pardon to these rebellion Lords

He's the main character in the TV show House of Cards. If you like the political aspects of ASOIAF and ruthless magnificent bastards like Tywin, I highly recommend it. 

This show sounds awesome. However, it doesn't has many seasons and is still going...

Well, I'm not sure if he had a choice - unlike Tywin who has an army of supporters, a  modern day politician isn't really in the same position. It's not like he could have just sicked Gregor on them and pleaded ignorance. If Tywin had no choice he wouldn't hesitate I think.

Maybe Tywin Underwood would just have like a Russian hitman named Gregor on his payroll for such cases ;)

I actually think Frank is a bit more like Littlefinger, especially in the British version because he

pushes the Zoe-like character from the roof of Parliament and poisons the Peter equivalent with rat poison

And those are LF's kind of moves

Archived