I'm In Love With A Moron

Jace, Extat

You are the moron in this case.

Tasty grocery store rotisserie chicken > Chinese food. Every single time.

This.

I must say, you seem like quite the catch. Too lazy to get your own food, bit of an asshole when the food is brought to you, and then enjoying the sound of his misery. Best thing this dude could do is GTFO, asap. 

Hahahah yeah Jace you terrible evil woman refusing to cook a nice home meal for your man and daring to order Chinese food lmao.

If you were a guy I don't think you'd be getting some of these comments. Instead people would be agreeing that eating a RAW CHICKEN is a TERRIBLE idea...

this thread cracked me up tho hahaha 

Hahahah yeah Jace you terrible evil woman refusing to cook a nice home meal for your man and daring to order Chinese food lmao.

If you were a guy I don't think you'd be getting some of these comments. Instead people would be agreeing that eating a RAW CHICKEN is a TERRIBLE idea...

If she was a guy I'd tell her the same exact thing. But thanks for putting up the strawmen.

I don't get it. I like rotisserie chicken. My work buddy and I used to just buy one for lunch and tear it apart with our bare hands in the lunch room. What's wrong with rotisserie chicken?

I also think your BF has a solid civil suit on his hands if the store sold him a terribly undercooked chicken.

If she was a guy I'd tell her the same exact thing. But thanks for putting up the strawmen.

hmm, well I wasn't really directing my post at you in particular and I'm not really interested in turning this into a a super serious discussion or anything it just cracked me up that's all. I highly doubt a couple of the posters in the thread would think the same thing if the genders were reversed though but I'll leave it at that...the biggest problem people are having in this thread is Jace's contempt for rotissery chicken which is just making me have a proper giggle 

When I ate meat I liked those things but now I think they're gross as well...but just find the mental image of some dude just  obliviously diggig into a freakin raw chicken disgustingly hilarious

Calling someone an idiot for not knowing what you wanted when you didn't specify and they're doing you a favor is kinda jerky...that's the only thing I took issue with. And I'd feel exactly the same way were the roles reversed. I don't know why asking your SO to bring home dinner is apparently an offensive thing to do now. 

The dude is, however, an idiot for eating raw chicken. Especially after being told it's raw. As someone with a paranoia over food poisoning I can't even imagine how someone could do that. Makes me feel nauseous just thinking about it. 

And the rotisserie chickens we get here are actually pretty damn good. :dunno:

I'm not convinced that the chicken was even raw.  Certainly not on the word of an admitted chicken hater, as they tend towards paranoia about what is and isn't cooked.  And "white" and "dark pink" sound a lot like cooked chicken to me.  More likely the meat was plenty cooked and the bf had some anxiety induced nausea from Jace's nagging. 

I've never had good Chinese food in America. I'm convinced it's a myth. Chinese food in Jamaica, on the other hand, is incredible and one of my favorite things to eat. It's totally different from what's available here. 

This.

I must say, you seem like quite the catch. Too lazy to get your own food, bit of an asshole when the food is brought to you, and then enjoying the sound of his misery. Best thing this dude could do is GTFO, asap. 

To be fair, Jace puts out at 30,000 feet, so yeah...

I don't get it. I like rotisserie chicken. My work buddy and I used to just buy one for lunch and tear it apart with our bare hands in the lunch room. What's wrong with rotisserie chicken?

I also think your BF has a solid civil suit on his hands if the store sold him a terribly undercooked chicken.

Chicken is not undercooked just because the meat is pink.  Chicken is safely cooked when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, regardless of whether the meat is pink or not.

Chicken is not undercooked just because the meat is pink.  Chicken is safely cooked when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, regardless of whether the meat is pink or not.

Yep, I would be very surprised if the chicken was actually raw.  

I am also in the rotisserie chicken > Chinese take-out camp.  I've been let down by Chinese food many, many, many times.  

I went through a stage where I ate a rotisserie chicken at least once or twice a week. I ended up burning out on it after getting a bad one. I am not sure how things work in a grocery store but I'm guessing they either keep those things under the heat lamp overnight or refrigerate them and then put them back under the heat lamp. Either way I got a two or three day old one which resulted in a two day episode of the drizzling shits.

Edited to add

Anything > Chinese food

Well, someone had to come in here and leave the obligatory battle of the sexes remark,

I went through a stage where I ate a rotisserie chicken at least once or twice a week. I ended up burning out on it after getting a bad one. I am not sure how things work in a grocery store but I'm guessing they either keep those things under the heat lamp overnight or refrigerate them and then put them back under the heat lamp. Either way I got a two or three day old one which resulted in a two day episode of the drizzling shits.

Probably depends on the store. The grocery I normally buy mine at only makes a few chickens every day. If you go by around 6 p.m. hoping to get one, you're usually out of luck because they're sold out. On the rare occasion they don't sell out, you can find the unsold birds in the refrigerated section deeply discounted the next day. Those are great for picking up and tearing up for stuff like tacos or chicken soup.

Archived