Dark wings, cute words

Daendrew

I once fed some baby duckling the leftovers of my breakfast roll.  they where so cute, one of the ducklings suddenly dissappered under water (not head first as in diving, but as if something had just grabbed it.  I then noticed the big pike just where the duckling used to be.

I felt so guilty afterwards.  that little bit of bread was very unhealthy for the poor duckling.

I'll never forget the time a hawk flew into the area of my backyard. It was crow territory and they took no time in letting the hawk know that. Crows are normally chatty and loud, but I never heard a racket like I heard that day. About 8 of them ganged up on the hawk and just squawked and squawked and did real close fly-byes until it got the hell out of there.

Smart and thirsty crow gets his message across:

Mama duck that made her nest in my front bushes 3 years in a row:

000_0383.jpg

The macaw I had from when I was 8 to 22 years old:

I once fed some baby duckling the leftovers of my breakfast roll.  they where so cute, one of the ducklings suddenly dissappered under water (not head first as in diving, but as if something had just grabbed it.  I then noticed the big pike just where the duckling used to be.

I felt so guilty afterwards.  that little bit of bread was very unhealthy for the poor duckling.

My grandfather lives on a small lake, and my step-grandmother keeps pet ducks and geese that are essentially free roam.  Every year, her ducks make more ducklings, and then ever so slowly, they start to dwindle.  Every now and then, if you sit out on the boardwalk, there'll be a sudden splash as a largemouth bass attacks the surface, and if he was successful, no more duckling.

Archived