Dark wings, cute words

Daendrew

My mother had a crow as a child. They raised it and it would come back daily for lunch. Until one day, it didn't. **sigh**

In a related tragedy, they also had a small rabbit. My mothers grandmother, my great-grandmother, lost her sight when she was relatively young but she was still very active and cooked. 

The rabbit hopped into the oven. She didn't know.

This is worse than anything GRRM has written.

i love walking into the city and seeing the pigeons and crows they put me in a better mood to be honest ...people are so mean about pigeons but when you really look at them they are tiny cute little things and their necks have lovely purple and green on them and when they puff up their feathers in the cold theyre so cute and theyre so funny when they try and flirt with each other lol they also mate for life 

I live on the beach. The most fun is getting bread or something else for those gluten-free seagulls and throwing it up high into the air.

Seagulls are acrobirds. They swoop in with such speed and agility that it is incredible. 

i never feed birds anymore in case i acidentally make them ill (breads are carbs !!! when all they eat is carbs they can get sick!!) sorry don't wanna preach !!!

i am from cornwall (a peninsula) so you can imagine there are a LOT of beaches...i am VERY familiar with seagulls lol...i'm not a fan but i was watching some the other day flying about and they are quite pretty birds. 

I was once eating a slice of pizza while waiting for a train arrive. As I was biting into the slice a pigeon flew into my face, slapped me with its wings and I dropped the pizza and three of his other pigeon friends swooped in to eat it.

I was mugged by pigeons. 

I was once eating a slice of pizza while waiting for a train arrive. As I was biting into the slice a pigeon flew into my face, slapped me with its wings and I dropped the pizza and three of his other pigeon friends swooped in to eat it.

I was mugged by pigeons. 

I ran over a pigeon once.  Not hit in flight, but it was so dumb, it not only didn't fly away while I was approaching, it walked into my tire-path instead of staying where I was trying to straddle it.  

Mild thump and a cloud of feathers.

Was it a busy road or something ? 

The main highway running along Galveston island.  The car in front of me actually straddled it, and we were going around 25 at the time.  Not too fast, but also too fast to slam on my breaks with a line of traffic behind me trying to make it through the ridiculously long light with the major highway onto Galveston.  

I kind of take the gene pool approach.  It can't hurt an overpopulated species (as a whole) losing something with that level of spatial reasoning.  I would imagine 1250+ pounds (1/4 the weight of a pickup) is pretty quick when you're a couple pound bird too.

We've had a couple there try to take fries from our plates while eating on a restaurant patio, but they stopped after being shooed a few times.  Never had one ballsy enough to take food from right in front of my face.  

I sometimes  feed ducks....(yes carbs but have been thinking about feeding them fish) 

If we talk about hitting birds well.... On the day my father died we drove to the hospital, when on the freeway a crow hit the  car so hard he died instantly and put probably split in 2. :( 

Archived