[BOOK & TV SPOILERS] The Expanse on SyFy

Xray the Enforcer

Remind me I had to type a whole resume of the show so far on Facebook for a friend who didnt get it at all.

But it was in French and I dont have the courage to translate it right now ! ^^

I liked episode 5. Not as good as 4, though. I haven't read The Butcher of Anderson Station, but I don't mind that they put that in the show. I wasn't expecting any big reveal from it, anyway. And the Rocinante got its name. I enjoyed that scene. The Holden and crew scenes continue to be good. Also, no Avasarala, which I have to say, is not a bad thing at this point. 

Two thing of note in tonight's episode.

1. I finally know how to pronounce the Rocinante.

2. I drink coffee every morning with the same expression on my face that Holden had tonight when he drinks a cup of joe. 

This show is awesome. 

Two thing of note in tonight's episode.

1. I finally know how to pronounce the Rocinante.

2. I drink coffee every morning with the same expression on my face that Holden had tonight when he drinks a cup of joe. 

This show is awesome. 

Me too. Seeing it spelled out made me realize I've been mentally dropping the first n all this time and saying "Rociante".

Wasn't anybody bothered by how Miller was pronouncing Anubis? I loved that he kinda corrected himself at one point, but at first I thought "typical American Belter"

I noticed that and thought it was a neat touch - a Belter like Miller likely wouldn't know or care enough about Earth culture and ancient myth to know what "Anubis" meant or how to pronounce the name.

Wasn't anybody bothered by how Miller was pronouncing Anubis? I loved that he kinda corrected himself at one point, but at first I thought "typical American Belter"

Haha, I loved it. I think they showed again that he's a bit clueless (although he got it right on the 3rd or 4th try).

This was a brilliant episode. The backstory didn't take too much time and tied in just right with what we needed to know about Fred. Miller's detecting is slowly bringing us to the heart of the matter. Score was very good too.

It was a very long time since I was this excited by a new series.

The one rely fault i have with this show right now is that i don't have three seasons of it to devour.

Really digging this, and very encourage by how well it's been adapted so far.  

I love the Roci, but "Flying Alamo" is starting to grow on me.

That was great.  As was the exchange after Alex and Amos show Holden the footage of Ceres:
Alex: "Well partner, it's going to be kind of hard to stay anonymous now."
Amos: "Let me know if you want your face to look a little different."

Pitch perfect dialogue.  In fact I would say all around the dialogue was great this episode.  I think they might have turned it up a bit, but I haven't had too much trouble hearing in the other episodes.

I really liked the introduction of Fred Johnson, and how we can already see Miller falling in love with the ghost of Julie Mao. 

ETA: I love the little things they're doing too - like the coriolis effect when Miller was pouring his drink a couple of episodes ago, and the mag boot sound effect as they're walking around the Rocinante yet other things are floating freely.

ETA: I love the little things they're doing too - like the coriolis effect when Miller was pouring his drink a couple of episodes ago, and the mag boot sound effect as they're walking around the Rocinante yet other things are floating freely.

Yes. I really liked the body bag as well.

The Anderson Station flashback was handled very well this episode. If not for the chills I got when the Tachi was renamed the Rocinante, it would have been my favorite part of the episode.

The crew of the Rocinante is coming into its own more and more every episode. In spite of Amos being a bit physically off in my mind at first, his characterization is perfect. The actor is really becoming Amos in my mind.

Didnt really understood what was that chip Miller hid in his hat in the end, if anyone has any hint to share on the matter ? 

That was a secret data chip that belonged to Julie, I'm sure it will reveal more of her connection to the mystery/conspiracy.

I really liked this episode. Some great character moments, especially the Rocinante naming scene.

I've been waiting for a good space opera TV show for a long time.... The thing about this show is that the fact that its set in space is incidental to the reasons why its so friggin good.... it's really a political/espionage show.... with a mystery sub plot.

I love that the violence is not gratuitous, and how gray, and deep the characters are... smart writing.... I am loving this.... I know we're only 5 episodes in.... but this has a chance to be as good as anything on TV

I think it is going too slow and so the number of watchers is decreasing. It started with 1.13m, but the last two episodes have had only around 0.63m viewers. Almost, a 50% decrease.

Not sure that even SyFy can give to it a new season if the numbers continue like this.

Saying that, the Anderson Station was done really well.

I think it is going too slow and so the number of watchers is decreasing. It started with 1.13m, but the last two episodes have had only around 0.63m viewers. Almost, a 50% decrease.

Not sure that even SyFy can give to it a new season if the numbers continue like this.

Saying that, the Anderson Station was done really well.

Does that include streaming?  I'm sure episodes 2-4 didn't get nearly as many on-air viewers due to their immediate availability online. That may have slowed momentum for episode 5 views, and also may have gotten folks into the habit of just catching it online rather than on TV.

Archived