Why was Bloodraven so loyal to the Targryens?

Luvlydoll

Why didn't he join his other illegitimate siblings? 

His feud with Bittersteel?

Did Bloodraven know the Blackfyres would be detested and want to be on the winning side? 

Because Daeron was the rightful king.  The Targaryens are the rightful rulers of the kingdom.  The Blackfyres are just legitimized bastards.

Bloodravens loyalty was basically decided at his birth.

He was the bastard of the consort everyone liked - Melissa Blackwood and as a Blackwood was an enemy of the Brackens

Bittersteel (who is a Bracken bastard) hated him and was a strong factor in the rebellion.

He is obviously going to support the side not hating his guts and since he still had connections in the court, the choice was easy. Why not fight for the "brother" that likes you?

Bloodravens loyalty was basically decided at his birth.

He was the bastard of the consort everyone liked - Melissa Blackwood and as a Blackwood was an enemy of the Brackens

Bittersteel (who is a Bracken bastard) hated him and was a strong factor in the rebellion.

He is obviously going to support the side not hating his guts and since he still had connections in the court, the choice was easy. Why not fight for the "brother" that likes you?

Who's to say Daemon didn't like/love Bloodraven? Daemon is who Bloodraven would've been fighting for, not Bittersteel. 

Who's to say Daemon didn't like/love Bloodraven? Daemon is who Bloodraven would've been fighting for, not Bittersteel. 

You need strong love then, or strong hate for Daeron - this is like an alliance of IS and Europe. You need a very good reason for it to exist.

I doubt Bloodraven had that feeling in him towards Daemon.

You need strong love then, or strong hate for Daeron - this is like an alliance of IS and Europe. You need a very good reason for it to exist.

I doubt Bloodraven had that feeling in him towards Daemon.

I don't see why you think this. There nothing in the text that points to any bad feelings between Daemon and Bloodraven before the war. 

1, Blackwood and Bracken are traditional enemies. 

2. Missy stole barba's position then Barba used her sister to steal Missy's position. 

3. Bittersteel was fighting with Bloodraven for Shiera Seastar

4. Daeron and his queen mother liked Bloodraven's mom and also Bloodraven, they are good friends since bloodraven's youth

5. Bittlersteel is daemon's son-in-law and good buddy

Please name me one reason why Bloodraven should love and fight for Daemon

I like the theory that Bloodraven had green dreams from a young age just like Jojen does. The children / possible greenseer may have informed him that some prophesied savior will come from the Targaryen line (R+L=J?) which is why he chose the Targs even though he may have very well loved and respected Daemon.

I like to think this too.

1, Blackwood and Bracken are traditional enemies. 

2. Missy stole barba's position then Barba used her sister to steal Missy's position. 

3. Bittersteel was fighting with Bloodraven for Shiera Seastar

4. Daeron and his queen mother liked Bloodraven's mom and also Bloodraven, they are good friends since bloodraven's youth

5. Bittlersteel is daemon's son-in-law and good buddy

Please name me one reason why Bloodraven should love and fight for Daemon

Shiera was what came to mind for me, but all of your points points are good. 

Daeron seemed like a good, capable king. Bloodraven would have had a lot more insider knowledge on how the rebellion unfolded/Aegon the Unworthy's decision to give Daemon the sword/Daemon and his supporters motivations. Just because he shares the title of bastard with certain siblings does't mean he should give them his loyalty over his trueborn siblings. That makes me think of all of prejudice bastards get in Westeros and how they're often referred to as treacherous by nature. 

It just seemed like a good political decision to me for Bloodraven to join the Blackfyres, since he is a bastard he would never be in the targaryen succession line, but if a daemon won he'd be more in line for the throne. 

Plus daemon would never look down on bryden for being illegitimate like the targaryens. Adam Velaryon did nothing but just because he was a bastard Rhaenyra called for him to die. Bastards are thought in westeros to be decietful and expendable which showed when Aegon sent Bloodraven to the wall. 

And the whole point about Daeron being the rightful king is a moot point. Aegon the conqueror had no right to westeros in the first place so neither does his decedents. Nobody cares about who's dna is better they side with the people they feel the most obligation to or who they have more to gain with. 

It just seemed like a good political decision to me for Bloodraven to join the Blackfyres, since he is a bastard he would never be in the targaryen succession line, but if a daemon won he'd be more in line for the throne. 

Plus daemon would never look down on bryden for being illegitimate like the targaryens. Adam Velaryon did nothing but just because he was a bastard Rhaenyra called for him to die. Bastards are thought in westeros to be decietful and expendable which showed when Aegon sent Bloodraven to the wall. 

I got the feeling that Bloodraven got sent to the wall primarily because of how he dealt with Aenys when he basically killed him upon invitation in what was looked upon by a lot of people as being pretty nasty. Bloodraven was the hand/master of whispers so I don't think all Targs necessarily held it against him all that much. If anything I think it was the fact he was the master of whispers and there was a lot of evidence of him performing magic that made people distrust him more than the bastard stuff.

Don't get me wrong in most instances bastards seem to be unfairly maligned but at least in Bloodraven's case I think there was a lot of other stuff going on that played a larger role considering some of the opportunities he was granted at certain points by certain people. 

As said, maybe he just believed more in Daeron's claim and another suggestion, maybe he didn't hate Daemon but obviously in fights between groups of siblings the ones in the middle are gonna have to pick a side, doesn't mean they hate the others (though he did hate Bittersteel). 

I think he was at least alright with Daemon but ultimately fell in Daeron's camp a lot more. 

Bloodraven basically did something like red wedding. discarded the guest right. 

Of course he should be sent to the wall. 

Daemon had 7 sons to Daeron's 4, so if anything he was higher up the Targaryen line of succession than the Blackfyre.  Legitimized bastards should be in the line of succession, just after all trueborn children.

Bloodraven basically did something like red wedding. discarded the guest right. 

Of course he should be sent to the wall. 

Formally granting Guest Right involves the ceremonial sharing of bread and salt.  Aenys Blackfyre was arrested outside the gates of the Red Keep before such a ritual occurred meaning no Guest Right was given.  Bloodraven simply broke his word of safe passage, not the same as Guest Right, and that is why he was sent to the Wall.

Bloodraven promised safe conduct for Aenys Blackfyre, but as soon as he arrived Bloodraven cut his head of. Aegon could not pardon Bloodraven without making the crowns word seem useless. 

Bloodraven promised safe conduct for Aenys Blackfyre, but as soon as he arrived Bloodraven cut his head of. Aegon could not pardon Bloodraven without making the crowns word seem useless. 

TBH I think Bloodraven should be happy for not being executed on the spot. The Wall is a lenient punishment in this case - maybe due to his long years of service.

Bloodraven rose to be Hand of the King under the Targaryens and was never looked down upon by his fellow Targ per say. He's also never shown any interest in the throne itself. Seems to me Bloodraven made the best political decision by supporting Daeron

Archived