NFL 2015 Week 12: Karma Is Real, Jerry Jones

Mr. Chatywin et al.

It was a classic trap game. I figured A.A.Ron would struggle during a game that retired Farve's jersey and had Starr's last apperance at Lambaeu.

Karma, as a belief system happens in the next life...

To use another religious expression, I would more adequately describe the situation as Jerry Jones is now reaping what he sowed.

kar·ma
ˈkärmə/ 
noun
noun: karma
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
  • informal
    destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

It was a classic trap game. I figured A.A.Ron would struggle during a game that retired Farve's jersey and had Starr's last apperance at Lambaeu.

kar·ma
ˈkärmə/ 
noun
noun: karma
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
  • informal
    destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

Karma, as a belief system happens in the next life...

This is exactly what I said.

So I know Kalbear was trying to make a, frankly adorable, attempt to defend Peyton Manning's football ability by asking if Tony Romo is done... but the more I think about it the more I don't like the answer I'm coming up with. I don't think he's done, like Manning is, because as far as we know he can still play football at a high level... but this is like 4 broken collarbones in 5 years. I'm officially concerned. Fractures don't necessarily lead to an increased risk of successive fractures depending upon the severity, but he's getting older and this is officially a trend (of injuries moreso than collarbones).

I'm worried about his ability to stay on the field when you throw in the known back issues and other general health risks of being an old guy at QB. By no means do I think the Cowboys should consider for a moment going into next season without him... but a QB in the first or 2nd round would be a good idea. Get the dude for the future, and expect him to put in a couple of hours over the course of the next two seasons until Romo's contract clears up.

So I know Kalbear was trying to make a, frankly adorable, attempt to defend Peyton Manning's football ability by asking if Tony Romo is done... but the more I think about it the more I don't like the answer I'm coming up with. I don't think he's done, like Manning is, because as far as we know he can still play football at a high level... but this is like 4 broken collarbones in 5 years. I'm officially concerned. Fractures don't necessarily lead to an increased risk of successive fractures depending upon the severity, but he's getting older and this is officially a trend (of injuries moreso than collarbones).

I'm worried about his ability to stay on the field when you throw in the known back issues and other general health risks of being an old guy at QB. By no means do I think the Cowboys should consider for a moment going into next season without him... but a QB in the first or 2nd round would be a good idea. Get the dude for the future, and expect him to put in a couple of hours over the course of the next two seasons until Romo's contract clears up.

Agree 100%. I've actually wanted him to do this the past 2 drafts. Groom a young QB while Romo is still great, learning from him, etc. Then when Romo retires you have a guy ready to step up right away. 

Agree 100%. I've actually wanted him to do this the past 2 drafts. Groom a young QB while Romo is still great, learning from him, etc. Then when Romo retires you have a guy ready to step up right away. 

There's reason to suspect that an intriguing and exciting young QB with limitless potential, one in whom Jerry Jones has already shown great interest, may be available soon. This young QB has all the personal qualities and an off-the-field life that would make him an ideal leader for this team. I speak, of course, of Jonathan Paul Manziel.

Just saw this video of a Patriots fan letting Ray Lewis have it for his comments about Brady. Love the Boston accent.

While I don't think anyone should care or get offended that Ray Lewis has nicer things to say about Rex Ryan than Bill Belichick, I absolutely love that Boston fan yelling at him about the murder case. I think he should be heckled like that in every goddamn city. ESPN will give him free air time to shill his ghost-written book and lie brazenly about the murder case and the hush money he's paid out, so might as well let real people keep throwing it in his face.

Just saw this video of a Patriots fan letting Ray Lewis have it for his comments about Brady. Love the Boston accent.

That's fantastic. It's pretty sickening that he has essentially gotten a free pass and zero repercussions from the media for so long.

Back in the day, Joey Porter got shot outside of a club in Colorado during the offseason, and the street merch vendors here in Pittsburgh had "Where was Ray Lewis when Joey Porter got shot?" t-shirts. I wish I still had mine.

Love the link, Zelticgar.

So apparently Peyton Manning won't be on the sidelines due to the cold...

I'll say that again. Peyton Manning won't be on the sidelines during a home game because it's gonna be cold...

Somebody explain to me why that is acceptable behavior? Maybe there's nothing he can do to help Brock Osweiler in-game like looking at stills or offering observations like most QB's do when hurt. If that's what you need to believe, sure. But goddammit why is he not there clapping and cheering on his team like every other injured player?

Maybe, in your steadfast refusal to acknowledge that he's probably certainly a fucking asshole, you're concerned about his health. Which leads me to ask the following. If he can't throw a football when healthy. If he can't throw a football when a little banged up. If he can't BE OUTSIDE. How is he gonna play quarterback?

I'll say that again. Peyton Manning won't be on the sidelines during a home game because it's gonna be cold...

Somebody explain to me why that is acceptable behavior? Maybe there's nothing he can do to help Brock Osweiler in-game like looking at stills or offering observations like most QB's do when hurt. If that's what you need to believe, sure. But goddammit why is he not there clapping and cheering on his team like every other injured player?

Maybe, in your steadfast refusal to acknowledge that he's probably certainly a fucking asshole, you're concerned about his health. Which leads me to ask the following. If he can't throw a football when healthy. If he can't throw a football when a little banged up. If he can't BE OUTSIDE. How is he gonna play quarterback?

He was on the sidelines every game when the Colts were starting Curtis Painter and God knows who else. It didn't help,

He was on the sidelines every game when the Colts were starting Curtis Painter and God knows who else. It didn't help,

Kerry Collins and Dan Orlovsky (Orlovsky was actually the best of the bunch).

There wasn't an obvious intention to have one of those guys take his job though.

It's a bad look for him, but it probably won't get a lot of attention from the TV media as I'm sure they are already lined up to throw assloads of cash at him when he retires to be on their network.

Goes to show that players who are shown to be such nice people can actually be ego driven dicks as well.

Archived