Alien: Covenant

AncalagonTheBlack

My son and I watched this tonight since it was "free" on HBO Now. We like Aliens but the lore of the films isn't something that really concerns us much, so I guess all the plot holes that this film creates don't bother us.

It's just the stupid, after stupid, after stupid decision all these characters make. A good sci fi-horror movie could be made, I think, without a litany of dumb decisions being made by "smart" characters.

Yeah I just saw it on HBO as well.  Very underwhelming - and this is coming from one of the few that liked Prometheus (and they completely ruined the most interesting aspects of that movie here, btw).

15 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I loved Prometheus and I think Covenant may be the worst movie I have ever seen in a theater. (And I was dragged to both Wing Commander and Nacho Libre)

Shh shh shh. Secret tunnels. 

(Smiles and points to a hole in the wall 3-4 feet in diameter)

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

I loved Prometheus and I think Covenant may be the worst movie I have ever seen in a theater. (And I was dragged to both Wing Commander and Nacho Libre)

That 'honour' for me definitely goes to Funny People, lord did that not live up to the title. I would have walked out, but I went to see it with friends. I also saw Fan4stic, but I don't count that as a finished film.

I have a fair amount of respect for this guy, and didn't hate Covenant as much as I expected to at first, so will probably give it another go sometime.

My main problem with his argument is Ridley Scott has a franchise for Androids, it isn't Alien. Sure often the Androids were the best thing in the Alien films, but they shouldn't be about them.

Archived