Awesome. Awesome to the max.

all swedes are racist

On 9/9/2016 at 6:55 PM, Mr. X said:

Federal Donuts from Philly did a one-day popup thing in Manhattan this morning and I got to start my day off with two of their hot cinnamon sugar doughnuts.

Fresh from the fryer.

No lie, those are the best doughnuts ever.

They are great, in related news this town is turning me in to a fatass.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking it easy at work at the moment.  This weekend is a 5-day holiday weekend in China. :commie:  Friday is a field trip day.  I don't have to go anywhere except be in the office to "prepare lessons."  Today (and every Thursday), I have no lessons after 10am, so basically I just started a 6.5 day holiday.  :cheers:

I sucessfully moved to the (second? cannot decide, it is a tie) mosty beautiful city in the world, I have a really nice new room (with an especially awesome desk). Managed most of the necessary errands for in the morning already, learned that I do not have to do the other nasty piece of paperwork that I dreaded. So those were two really good days. :commie: I am starting an internship tomorrow, for which I am sufficiently excited.

A friend of mine is likely to move to Vienna in the upcoming months. If that doesn't get me to visit Vienna, nothing will.

I've heard nothing but nice things about it, but it's just one of those cities that is relatively close and easy to get to and for that very reason is easily moved down on my list of places to visit.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, KiDisaster said:

I randomly got free Starbucks this morning. Pulled up to the drive through window and no one took my card, which they usually do immediately, and then after about five minutes the lady handed me my drink. I tried to give her my card and she said "You're good, don't worry about it."

So I didn't worry about it. 

No idea why she'd just give it to me but oh well. 

There's a happy phenomenon of people paying for the car behind them in the drive-through as a random act of kindness. I'm assuming that's what happened.

33 minutes ago, Weeping Sore said:

There's a happy phenomenon of people paying for the car behind them in the drive-through as a random act of kindness. I'm assuming that's what happened.

I thought about that but I figure she'd have said that if that's what happened.

In any case I should pay it forward regardless. I don't really believe in karma but you can never be too careful. :P

17 hours ago, baxus said:

A friend of mine is likely to move to Vienna in the upcoming months. If that doesn't get me to visit Vienna, nothing will.

I've heard nothing but nice things about it, but it's just one of those cities that is relatively close and easy to get to and for that very reason is easily moved down on my list of places to visit.

It is really nice, and from Slovenia even closer than from Serbia, so it even works for day trips. But I am staying a bit longer this time. I hope you manage to visit your friend.

Found out today that my daughter's boyfriend and future son in law has just passed all his tests and is now a paramedic. He has a job and my wife is satisfied he is not a deadbeat.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Leap said:

Curious that this thread has been dead since November 2016.

Anyway, today I got a job. A real, adult job. I can't find the ''Existential dread, existential dread to the max'' thread, so I guess it will have to go here. :D

Also, it's coincidentally the 4 year anniversary of my joining the board. I can't remember anything good happening on the previous anniversaries, so I have to assume that March 9th 2021 is going to be really good.

Wow nice one! :D  

I feel like I'll never have a real adult job lol but I'm still happy for those that do! 

5 hours ago, Leap said:

Curious that this thread has been dead since November 2016.

Anyway, today I got a job. A real, adult job. I can't find the ''Existential dread, existential dread to the max'' thread, so I guess it will have to go here. :D

Also, it's coincidentally the 4 year anniversary of my joining the board. I can't remember anything good happening on the previous anniversaries, so I have to assume that March 9th 2021 is going to be really good.

Congratulations but know that I also hate you and am extremely jealous of you right now. 

:P 

8 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Congrats on reaching the adult world. :D I still have at least a year and a half before I get dragged kicking and screaming out of the student life.

You stay golden pony boy... you stay golden!

Archived