r'hllor's redrum lobster

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

266 posts in this topic

Got a Really Nice Yanni poster from my daughter in the mail today, and also some Baseball Cards I ordered on Amazon.  It's an Awesome Day!

beer. tits. soccer. foie gras. pork belly. murder. hr giger. lemmy. tacos. sausages. donuts. coffee. 

you know...normal things.

Someone set off a firework form a table in the back yard. 30 minutes later someone looks outside and the table is on fire. Now I know this could've gone horrible wrong, but we put it out pretty quickly. So instead of a tragedy involving the house burning down, we have a helluva story about us fighting a fire with buckets of water and a soaked towel. Happy New Years everybody!

I applied to 3 jobs today. I have a sort of skeleton of a plan for the future. I'm determined not to be a miserable fuck any longer.

Good luck with the job(s) Theda!

The gym was finally open again today - endorphins, I missed you! New Year's was unfortunately kind of crappy, after a good Christmas, but I'm psyched for 2016 :)

So I got out to do some more beachcombing this morning, since it's the first sunny day I've had for a couple of weeks.  I wasn't really expecting to find much, as I've already been up and down a good portion of the various shorelines here on Nantucket, and have some good specimens of all of the common shells from the area.  But I planned on following some dirt tracks in my truck to a somewhat remote section of beach on the south shore of the island to see if I could find some more quahog shell for some carving projects.

Anyway, i got to the beach and proceeded east, into the wind, along the high tide line, and after about a mile of finding more and more of a lot of familiar stuff, I found an intact seal skull!  It's just the cranium portion, no lower jaw, but its in good shape, and entirely picked and scoured clean by scavengers and the surf.  Google says its a harbor seal, and it will make a fine addition to my ever-growing collection.

Well, life took a significant turn for the better today as I found my old copy of Space Jam. I can't find the case, but that doesn't matter because I'll be playing the film constantly for the foreseeable future..

2/3 applications sent off for my vac scheme, just one left to send and I'm just sort of tweaking it and fussing over it now. Progress!

Got a part time job as a lifty at a nearby ski mountain.  Pay sucks but it comes with a free season pass.

Now if only I can find a seal skull buried on one of the slopes, my dreams will be complete.

Edited by larrytheimp

Got a part time job as a lifty at a nearby ski mountain. Pay sucks but it comes with a free season pass.

Now if only I can find a seal skull buried on one of the slopes, my dreams will be complete.

That reminds me of a friend who got a job as a guide at Hampton Court Palace. He said the pay was low, but it didn't matter, as he was actually being paid for pursuing his hobby.

To be honest right now my hair is kind of awesome. I shaved off half of it and dyed the undercut red hahaha. 

Seal skulls make terrible soup bowls. At best you can get a semi functionable ashtray out of one. Check offtrail in the avalanche areas maybe you could get a decent human skull, way more useful.

Had a simply mahvelous walk with Benjamin today.  Sky was a bowl of blue, temperature was up around 30 F. Didn't fall on my ass on the icy paths through the Hundred Acre Wood.  What more could one want? 

My preferred e-book seller started price match guarantee so I no longer need to spread my ebooks across several devices/apps to get the best price. Yay!

22 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My preferred e-book seller started price match guarantee so I no longer need to spread my ebooks across several devices/apps to get the best price. Yay!

Who is this seller? 

3 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Who is this seller? 

Kobo. Took advantage of it yesterday to snag another C J Sansom book, which was cheaper on Amazon. You just fill out a form online, quoting your order number and providing a link to the URL where it's cheaper :) 

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Kobo. Took advantage of it yesterday to snag another C J Sansom book, which was cheaper on Amazon. You just fill out a form online, quoting your order number and providing a link to the URL where it's cheaper :) 

I thiught so. I use kobo too :D Am quite fond. 

As though I needed more excuses to buy new books :D 

Kobo has been pretty great for me though. I even got £60 from them once for participating in a study about ereaders/print books, which was wonderful easy money

I quite like their new kobo points thing and when you build up enough points getting money off.  That's always pretty neat. 

Yep. Farewell student loan. It was nice knowing you :lol: