Awesome. Awesome to the max.

all swedes are racist

The only thing is if I get the job, it will be my second job. so i'll be working two minumum wage jobs for a combined total of 27 hours, so just over 700 quid a month and I'm confused about tax and everything working a second job. Aah. I'll sort it all out if it comes to that, i hope it's even worth taking on an extra job. If I got taxed loads I don't know if it would even be worth it, but I can't survive on just 15 hours and the generosity of my parents & grandparents anymore! 

I started my first some-sort-of-a-real-job this week. Teaching. The first lesson was a disaster, but the second one actually turned out well and I might just get the hang of it in the next few weeks. Hopefully. The "awesome" part is obviously what I earn from it. :P And, of course, the experience and whatnot.

3 hours ago, Leap said:

Snow! It's the 4th of March, and we're finally getting some snow! It's snowing a bit right now, hopefully it picks up and we get a solid half a foot or so - the perfect walking amount. I won't hold my breath for that though, as of yet it's only sticking to roads further up the valley.

Also, congratulations on the house, RRL. And the jobs too, Bucky and Theda. 

My snow feels a little inadequate now. :P

Meanwhile in London, bright sunshine and blue skies (...blue skies? Thats surely not healthy?!)

Congrats Theda and RRL, and best of luck too Theda

eta:my own inadequate awesome thing is the Morrisons pizza chips and hagen daas offer for £3. I know what I'm living off for the foreseeable future :P 

22 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

We've just signed a Purchase & Sale agreement and gotten an appraisal, so unless something disastrous happens in the next three weeks or so, my wife and I are gonna be homeowners by the end of the month. So crazy

Killer! so stoked for you guys.

On 03/03/2016 at 2:49 PM, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

We've just signed a Purchase & Sale agreement and gotten an appraisal, so unless something disastrous happens in the next three weeks or so, my wife and I are gonna be homeowners by the end of the month. So crazy

Congrats man :)

I think my job interview went really well :D

8 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Thanks homey, good luck with the job! Ps,  ever come to the states, you come work for me. Our store is kinda like HMV, but like 49x radder 

;)

Haha sounds great! :P I bet it IS a lot radder. Im not gonna leave HMV (can't bring myself to) unless another place has full time hours and ideally i'd like to stay. But cant for much longer when they only give me 15 hours. /grumble. Music and dvd shops are just so much cooooler than any other shop :lol: though the place I interviewed for was a big arts anf crafts store and looked really nice and lovely

The insect bites I suffered at the lake a few weeks ago have mostly turned to big lumpy welts. I know that doesn't sound awesome but they actually feel great--no more itching or pain, in fact they actually feel good. Same with the rest of the family. The weird part is that they smell like burning sugar. And no, I'm not crazy, I even took the kids to the pediatrician who confirmed a s'mores like odor. Summer, here we come!

Got a promotion today!  It's been coming for over a year, so it wasn't a big surprise; but I did get a 15k raise, a bonus, and the promotion doubles my bonus next year.  Not only that, but I am already discussing what my next role is because they see me fast tracking to a software engineer manager role within a year or two!

Also got a haircut and shaved my beard.... so I feel like a new man :)

Had a meeting with the museum people which I was two hours late to because of fucking delayed trains so I was panicking when I got there an thought it would be a disaster and turned out to be...AMAZING. Got a volunteering placement there two days a week, one day training doing gallery tours and another day working front of desk which might even lead to a part time paid role and there are curatorial and museum projects coming up to work on in the summer and the lady seemed to REALLY  Like me

5 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Had a meeting with the museum people which I was two hours late to because of fucking delayed trains so I was panicking when I got there an thought it would be a disaster and turned out to be...AMAZING. Got a volunteering placement there two days a week, one day training doing gallery tours and another day working front of desk which might even lead to a part time paid role and there are curatorial and museum projects coming up to work on in the summer and the lady seemed to REALLY  Like me

Congrats, Theda!

Thank you!! :D:D I am SOOO happy right now!!! she said she was so glad i came in and that i am an excellent candidate and i see the museum with a fresh eye and because of my knowledge, enthusiasm and customer service experience that all aspects of running the museum would be open for me to volunteer for and get training in.

6 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Thank you!! :D:D I am SOOO happy right now!!! she said she was so glad i came in and that i am an excellent candidate and i see the museum with a fresh eye and because of my knowledge, enthusiasm and customer service experience that all aspects of running the museum would be open for me to volunteer for and get training in.

Congrats Theda! I hope everything goes well. 

10 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Sounds like a great experience. Kudos to you for not bailing to avoid embarrassment (re: lateness.) 

Archived