What's annoying you today? Part the grievous

Arkhangel

I think I'm going to have to do a thesis :( . I'm not sure I'm going to make all the hours I need for a practicum from my internship. My supervisor and I are going to make a plan to help me get the hours, but I don't know... I'm afraid the only way it's going to happen is if I work there another semester. This doesn't upset me, this what I hope for. I hope he'll allow this as the plan unless he has some other secure idea.

In the mean time, I'm going to apply for fall internships, though I'm not seeing a lot :/

10 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

They're idiots because 1) it's not happening in the UK

Ummm ... I think it is completely legitimate protesting against something happening in another country.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Ummm ... I think it is completely legitimate protesting against something happening in another country.

We differ then.  Because I am a great believer in people should MTOB.  I'm sick of the U.K. and its citizens still trying to get involved in the way other nations live their lives and praise/condemn accordingly.

Despite @Dickwad Poster #3784's warning to perhaps give it a pass until it's conclusion is published, I can tell already that my slightly disgusted hesitancy will be put aside and I'll be reading Bakker's new novel when it comes out.

And I can't tell which is more annoying-- my waffling, or, if I regret so doing that I can't be annoyed with anyone beside myself.

On 7/8/2016 at 4:30 PM, Tears of Lys said:

The Tears household is just barely hanging on by a thread.  Headaches from the humidity and frequently changing pressure are making us cranky, my dog is shedding up a STORM of tufts of white fuzz, can't go outside without having to consume liters of water to make up for the moisture loss from our bodies (where's a stillsuit when you need one?!) 

Now my dog wants a walk - is he INSANE?  Off to the woods and some shade. . . (and fighting off mosquitos.) 

BTW, if you're the Queen of Winter, would you mind issuing a proclamation to force Summer the hell out of our lives??

Same here. The Winter Palace melts in the sun, the bright orb burns my skin.  Pet hair rolls across the parched landscape like furry tumbleweeds.

At the request of "Tears Of Lys", a decree has been issued:  " I do hereby banish Summer. Hie thee hence!  Prepare for the Long Night!  Winter is coming!"

(turns up the A/C in the meantime...and hands you a frosty drink.) :P

11 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Despite @Dickwad Poster #3784's warning to perhaps give it a pass until it's conclusion is published, I can tell already that my slightly disgusted hesitancy will be put aside and I'll be reading Bakker's new novel when it comes out.

And I can't tell which is more annoying-- my waffling, or, if I regret so doing that I can't be annoyed with anyone beside myself.

Don't blame yourself... It's the meat that bows your soul with the goad of insatiable hunger for atrocity 

2 hours ago, Ser Ronan Storm said:

A cyclist was hit and killed by a train in my city yesterday, and I'm annoyed that 1) that doesn't happen more often, and 2) that so many people act like they have to be in a fucking hurry all the time.

Wait, you're annoyed cyclists aren't hit by trains more often? Or is that just a typo/me misreading?

38 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Wait, you're annoyed cyclists aren't hit by trains more often? Or is that just a typo/me misreading?

No typo there; in my city, cyclists are some of the most entitled, law-flaunting people out there. They're more of a danger to vehicle drivers than we are to them. We're supposed to share the roads with them, but on narrow streets or ones without designated cycling lanes, they ride in the middle and can't keep up with speed limits. Now, I'm never in a hurry because I always give myself plenty of time to get places, but not being able to drive the speed limit on an uncrowded road because there's a cyclist hogging the road in front of me that can't be bothered to keep up the pace irks me.

I'm all for bicycles reducing our carbon footprint, but the people who ride them should keep up with speed limits or keep to the sides of the road (or sidewalks, even better) and obey traffic laws.

The cyclist in question who got pancaked by Thomas the Tank refused to wait for the train. The arms were already lowered on either side of the tracks and he insisted on trying to ride through them. Such arrogance. Not sure how he missed the fact that a fucking train was right there, but most cyclists in my city don't strike me as being exceptionally clever.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, JEORDHl said:

Hold up, wait a minute. I thought that this was the conclusion? Was the final book split into two books or something? I do not follow the Bakker threads.

I was very annoyed this morning when I went to ride my bike to work, and found a completely flat tire (I ran over a substantial rock at about 35mph on Friday,and forgot to check the tires this weekend), so I had to drive to work :(

And then when I get home from work, my power is out (as is the entire neighborhood's). So I'm sitting in the dark being annoyed, eating melty ice cream, reading on kindle, and waiting for my phone battery to die. The power company says it should be back on in an hour and a half, but I'm sure that really means three hours :angry:

getting weird bursts of energy at the most useless of times??? ie half past 6 on a wednesday evening???? what USE IS THIS ENERGY TO ME NOW?? and youre havin a bloody laugh if you think im gonna JOG or something...god damn...times like this i wish i was rich and had my own gym or something 

The weather!! Which is beyond dire. Whatever summer we had seems to be gone, and all anyone can do is huddling indoors. :( It is really depressing and disheartening, since very, very soon it will be winter again and huddling under huge coats and scarfs. Come on weather, give us something to work with damnit! :box:

Just wanted to say that what's not annoying me is this thread title.  Haven't been able to post on the board for most of the last six months due to faulty technology, but I have been lurking, and also saying "part the grievous" conversationally awhile now .

Oh and italso fuckiing hot here!

On 15/07/2016 at 1:11 AM, larrytheimp said:

Just wanted to say that what's not annoying me is this thread title.  Haven't been able to post on the board for most of the last six months due to faulty technology, but I have been lurking, and also saying "part the grievous" conversationally awhile now .

Oh and italso fuckiing hot here!

thought i hadnt seen you around a lot lately, dude! 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

Hold up, wait a minute. I thought that this was the conclusion? Was the final book split into two books or something? I do not follow the Bakker threads.

From what I understand from quickly perusing the Bakker threads, it **has** been split into two - one of which is The Unholy Consult.  (someone correct me if I'm wrong.)  I'm trying to stay out of the recent thread since spoilers abound.  BUT we can get our fix of atrocity as one recently released, so not to worry.  :D 

Archived