What's annoying you today? Part the grievous

Arkhangel

On 02/08/2016 at 4:48 AM, HK-47 said:

Answer: As always organic meatbags are annoying me.

So transcend.

On 03/08/2016 at 10:11 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

People at work who do fuck all when they are there getting more shifts than I do. (None of us are contracted for a certain amount of hours). I work hard when I'm there, always keep myself busy and help out others if they need help. But there are people who just stand about twiddling their thumbs and talking to each other when there is stuff to do. And they have a lot of shifts this week, while I have three. Grrr.

You need to suck up more to the right people, or just accept that being proud isn't financially beneficial.

On 3.8.2016 at 10:42 AM, scotcat said:

The lousy weather. 

Looking out the window, the only way you can tell it's early August & not November is by how green and leafy it is outside.  It's been a terrible summer here in Scotland this year.

The same in Switzerland... I have winter depression symptomes in August...

On 28.7.2016 at 4:16 PM, KiDisaster said:

Insomnia got really bad for the first time in a long while last night and I didn't sleep at all. I've just found out all of the free tea bags that are in our office break room are decaf. What kind of madness is this?

Wow  that's horrible! I can empathize with you, didn't sleep this night as well, but at least in our office there's free coffee and tea.

On 9 August 2016 at 0:40 PM, ummester said:

So transcend.

You need to suck up more to the right people, or just accept that being proud isn't financially beneficial.

What the hell does being proud have to do with not being given hours at work?

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

What the hell does being proud have to do with not being given hours at work?

reading between the lines in your post, it's obvious that the others are getting more work because they suck up to the right people.

14 minutes ago, ummester said:

reading between the lines in your post, it's obvious that the others are getting more work because they suck up to the right people.

Well maybe just read my post as is in future. You are wrong.

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

Well maybe just read my post as is in future. You are wrong.

So why would any boss logically give slackers more work? The only reason they do is friendship - nepotism or cronyism - there is no business sense in doing it otherwise.

sometimes i get frustrated and wonder will i ever find another person that enjoys having a proper dance to 90s synth pop in the early hours of the morning as much as i do ??? i mean i usually do it alone but it would be nice to also find a friend to furiously dances to beautiful 80s synths like i do 

Theda I have issues with dancing also. Sometime in the 60's couples went from dancing in contact with their partners to no contact. There is no more a delightful feeling than contact dancing with a partner.  A tango may look sensual  but  waltzing is sensual. I have been doing  my best to make it a trend but with little success. 

A first world problem, but I am currently riled up about how often professions, in this case the financial industry, are conspiracies against the layman.

The UK personal financial industry has a bad track record. The government, to do it justice, has been trying to tighten things up, but of course their legislation has been heavily influenced by the industry.

So Mrs W has decided to make some changes to her pensions, changes that she is confident are entirely reasonable (as am I). However she is now legally required to consult a financial advisor before she can do so!

Cue us researching and phoning a whole bunch of advisors, with depressingly similar results. First you get the hard sell for them to provide general advice on your investments, for about 3% of their value up front plus 1% per annum ever afterwards. When you turn that down, half of them have no further interest in you. For the specific advice Mrs W must get, the minority actually prepared to give an up front quote typically make it 3% - 5% of the value of her pensions. Daylight bloody robbery.

I realise that they would argue that they must take care that their advice is sound, as they face the risk she might sue them later, but frankly that would cut a little more ice if they had not lobbied furiously to make consulting them compulsory in the first place. And don't get me started about the privacy and security issues of some fly by night advisor having so much information about you and your finances.

Currently, the Edinburgh rental market.

It moves ridiculously fast - properties can be listed one day and gone the next - and is pretty restrictive. Agencies also make it incredibly awkward if you don't already have a job, demanding 6 months' rent up front. 6 MONTHS!

So we're in the Catch 22 situation of it being difficult to get a job before moving there (we live a flight away, so are trickier to interview than your average candidate) but also being incredibly difficult to move there before getting a job. 

Harumph.

17 hours ago, maarsen said:

Theda I have issues with dancing also. Sometime in the 60's couples went from dancing in contact with their partners to no contact. There is no more a delightful feeling than contact dancing with a partner.  A tango may look sensual  but  waltzing is sensual. I have been doing  my best to make it a trend but with little success. 

I'm so with you there. Nightclub 'dancing' is pretty much just bobbing up and down on the spot, more or less in time with the music and with occasional spasmodic arm movements, or if things are getting really adventurous, some graceless grinding. Bring back real dancing, I say!

Archived