What's annoying you today? Part the grievous

Arkhangel

My current housemate's musical improv group are doing an improv skit about a woman whose husband is trying to ditch her and dress her up in a cow skin and sell her or something (?) and she thinks she's giving birth which is why she's on all fours and so there is a grown woman shrieking like a cow in labour whilst six other people shout and sing in a circle around her in our living room at 6:30 on a Sunday evening when I have had about two hours' sleep in the last 30 hours and I am going to kill someone they will not need to be disguised as a cow for me to murder them.

God I can't wait until I get out of this house.* Two weeks. Just two more weeks...

* Housemate is normally not that bad, if fairly grotty and not at all into cleaning. House is fucking horrendous, basement apartment beside a massive building site, hate literally everything about it.

My current housemate's musical improv group are doing an improv skit about a woman whose husband is trying to ditch her and dress her up in a cow skin and sell her or something (?) and she thinks she's giving birth which is why she's on all fours and so there is a grown woman shrieking like a cow in labour whilst six other people shout and sing in a circle around her in our living room at 6:30 on a Sunday evening when I have had about two hours' sleep in the last 30 hours and I am going to kill someone they will not need to be disguised as a cow for me to murder them.

God I can't wait until I get out of this house.* Two weeks. Just two more weeks...

* Housemate is normally not that bad, if fairly grotty and not at all into cleaning. House is fucking horrendous, basement apartment beside a massive building site, hate literally everything about it.

I don't blame you for finding all of that annoying.

Lost my USB drive (containing several in-progress working drawing CAD files) in the computer lab, and no one has returned it in 2 weeks. Guess I'm starting over with 3 weeks to go til the end of the semester. Yay.

Well, today is the official end of my competitiveness in my fantasy team (an area where I think I subconsciously clutch onto to feel like I have some control in my life).  

For the third straight year, my #1 in points scored team is also #1 in points scored against.  This year, that was enough to kick me out of the playoffs.  

My season ended in my second game against the #3 scorer on the season.  I would have won in week 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.  I played him in weeks 3 and 12.  Just been that kind of season.

Bought some computer parts Monday, one was a nVidia GTX 970 card, from Amazon. The purchase has not even been processed. And their claim that they have it stock is a lie. I finally called Amazon today, and it looks like these cards were in high demand, so they really weren't in stock. So I have no idea when I can expect this, and on top of that, the robot voice told me January 14th? I'd like to hear I misheard that. Dec. 14 would be acceptable, but January, no.

Once it cools down, try and put some antibiotic ointment onto the scalded area. It may blister and open up so be careful. Aloe vera gel helps too. I got a bad scald on my chest a few years ago, working on a steam valve. Not fun and I was pink where I was scalded for almost 6 months.  I work in a hospital so I was able to get help fast.

Halfway through our lecture today (which is a weekly thing, we are in the same room, same time, every week) another lecturer at the university walked and and announced that we had to leave because he had booked the lecture theatre. Our lecturer was rather adamant that this should have been our slot (and while I am no expert I suspect she was correct. I can imagine the law school booked the lecture slots for the full semester and didn't just abandon one week) and neither side wanted to give way. So we ended up having only half a lecture. Ugh, annoying as hell.

i just spilt boiling hot water all over my hand 

Hope it's feeling better!  :(    I scalded the hell out of my inner arm by being a klutz with a cup of very hot coffee.  My husband said I should go to the doctor with it, but of course I toughed it out.   Thinking back on it and how it progressed, I should have had treatment.  But I lived so all's well.  :) 

I managed to tip half a frying pan of hot oil on my arm, and lived to tell the tale. Cold water and burn cream worked wonders. And no scars - which is good, because it went all over my tattoo D: 

What's annoying the hell out of me is, every time my mum gets up or enters the house and someone's in the toilet, she kicks up a fuss. As if we should leap up mid-poop and make way for her. On the plus side, 10 days until I leave this place. So I've got that going for me, which is nice. 

Halfway through our lecture today (which is a weekly thing, we are in the same room, same time, every week) another lecturer at the university walked and and announced that we had to leave because he had booked the lecture theatre. Our lecturer was rather adamant that this should have been our slot (and while I am no expert I suspect she was correct. I can imagine the law school booked the lecture slots for the full semester and didn't just abandon one week) and neither side wanted to give way. So we ended up having only half a lecture. Ugh, annoying as hell.

And you did not even get to hear the German native speaker professor and the Chinese native speaker professor arguing about whose time slot it was and the whereabouts of the key in Slovene language?* You missed out on life, I tell you.

*True story. It was bizzare and funny.

Hope it's feeling better!  :(    I scalded the hell out of my inner arm by being a klutz with a cup of very hot coffee.  My husband said I should go to the doctor with it, but of course I toughed it out.   Thinking back on it and how it progressed, I should have had treatment.  But I lived so all's well.  :) 

Woke up this morning and it's pretty much fine! I'm so shocked as it was water I had JUST boiled in the kettle for tea...but I did put it STRAIGHT under the cold water tap for quite awhile and then I put the frozen peas on it. 

Woke up this morning and it's pretty much fine! I'm so shocked as it was water I had JUST boiled in the kettle for tea...but I did put it STRAIGHT under the cold water tap for quite awhile and then I put the frozen peas on it. 

Glad to hear everything is ok. :D

In the continuance of lecture annoyances - people who rock up to lecture late then spend the entire lecture whispering and giggling with each other. I mean, is isn't school, if you don't want to be here, fuck off, I don't care. But do t show up and distract everyone else. Ugh, people!

I left my bag on the train today and it had all my makeup and hairspray and phone charger and perfume and ...MY. FREAKIN. GLASSES. I am wearing contacts today but had my glasses in my bag in case anything happened to my glasses :( i should have left them home...I have enough contact lenses to last me a few weeks but I need those glasses back .. :( i will miss everything else in that bag for sure but definitely my glasses...and then i missed my train just now ...luckily my dad is visiting and i got a train 10 mins later to take me half way home and he can come pick me up ...

Archived