What's annoying you today? Part the grievous

Arkhangel

I guess last night was the end of the semester. Some students are renting a house down the street. Anyway from 8 to, jeez maybe 2 or 3 this morning you could hear their music blaring like the sound system was right in your own living room. And this is from 2-3 houses down. I know the cops stopped by and asked them to turn it down. Shame that didn't last long. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night.

Bummer Theda. Any chance someone turned it in? Even if they ransacked it for valuables, they might not have taken the glasses.

Bummer Theda. Any chance someone turned it in? Even if they ransacked it for valuables, they might not have taken the glasses.

I just went to the capital city central station and asked if they have a lost property which makes logical sense as its the main station that all the valley lines pass through but NOPE apparantly its in a conpletely different city and when i rang up apparantly they cant tell me if my bag is there or not and if i gave my details they will email or phone me...i dont thibj the bloke on the phone properly got my email address so im gonna fill in a form on the website with my details and email it to customer services and hopefully its there...but even if it is wuich is HOPE it is i have ti travel to a conpletely differebt city to go and fckin pick it up!! Thats not money to be scoffed at :( rail costs add up...

Boss deciding to call a 6 o'clock meeting think something that realistically takes 3-4 days to do should have been done end of the day today, the first day after our client meetings to sit down and discuss the process.  

The guy also thinks leaving at 5:30 is "ridiculously early" for a job that is supposedly supposed to be ~40 hours outside the peak period, and where he constantly harps on using too many hours against the budget.  

Done with this team this Friday, and I can't say it's too soon.  Apparently the Chicago office culture, where this client's primary team is located, has a different culture than the Houston office.  

Just 3 more days and my 2 week vacation starts.  

Been at the new clinic for about a month now, and I finally butted heads with one of my new coworkers . Annoying because I really don't like conflict, and I try to avoid it where possible. But she tried to tell me do something that she really has no control over, and I didn't want to set a bad precedent by actually doing it. Hopefully she doesn't try it again. 

send me internet hugs and cwtches please :( 

Ahw... so much bad luck at once, I'm sorry to hear that. Does a newbie cwtch help at all? :<

Sounds like lots of fun at the job for everyone else as well. :/ 

But I think you're right not to accept this kind of behaviour, even if yo're still "the new one" - gets out of hand easily (used to avoid any discords like that - doesn't work too well actually).

Just came to work only to find the office kitchen a complete mess. This happens about every other day, but as it's been about five years now that I'm the one who ends up cleaning the stuff before the chaos creates a new life form or starts glowing funny in the dark, and I'm really growing tired of starting my days like this. 

all cwtches welcome :P 

had to buy new glasses and because i'm super blind and my prescription is so high and crap ive had to spend loads on thinning the lenses and so after buying a new phone and glasses i have no money left to get people presents. i still need to buy presents for my sister, mum and nan and i dont have any money :( 

all cwtches welcome :P 

had to buy new glasses and because i'm super blind and my prescription is so high and crap ive had to spend loads on thinning the lenses and so after buying a new phone and glasses i have no money left to get people presents. i still need to buy presents for my sister, mum and nan and i dont have any money :( 

Damn, that sucks. Maybe think of it as an opportunity for unconventional presents instead? Is it possible you can make something for them, or do something for them?

Something that someone I know does. They aren't doing it as a prank, it's just something they do. They insist I read something or look at something to help them, it's usually not something I want to bother with, but again they insist, they hand it out to me, but when I go to take it they pull it back to look at it again leaving me standing there with my hand out for something I didn't even want. If I try to take it I get yelled at for grabbing.

This just leaves me boiling.

That result is indeed depressing. 63% against a policy that harms absolutely nobody? It's a sad day for LGBT rights in Europe (or at best, a mixed bag, considering pro-marriage equality parties in Spain averaged over 60% of the vote)

The point is, they think this policy hurts somebody ... the children. The against campain was rallied under the slogan "It Is About the Children!" and they think if the law were passed, there would be a great number of homosexual couples wanting to adopt and it would be soooooo horrible to have a child growing up in such an immoral, Other, strange family, and they would probably come steal their children, oh noes! (At least that is how their reasoning looked like in the media. I seriously doubt somebody can be that ... misinformed, lets say ... )

But yay for Spain.

The point is, they think this policy hurts somebody ... the children. The against campain was rallied under the slogan "It Is About the Children!" and they think if the law were passed, there would be a great number of homosexual couples wanting to adopt and it would be soooooo horrible to have a child growing up in such an immoral, Other, strange family, and they would probably come steal their children, oh noes! (At least that is how their reasoning looked like in the media. I seriously doubt somebody can be that ... misinformed, lets say ... )

But yay for Spain.

They aren't misinformed. Just prejudiced homophobes to whom the idea of a non-hetero relationship is an abomination. They're almost caricatures "Wknt somebody please think of the children?!"

They aren't misinformed. Just prejudiced homophobes to whom the idea of a non-hetero relationship is an abomination. They're almost caricatures "Wknt somebody please think of the children?!"

I wanted to use stronger words, but did not want to be given a warning. ;) And yes, I agree about the caricature part. (I posted also in the Euro Politics thread, so maybe this should move over there, if anybody wants to comment more. Lets have this thread to complain about messy roommates and noisy neighbours.)

Archived