Can't decide what to read: Long Price vs Mistborn vs Dagger and Coin

Pino Proxy

To me, the Long Price Quartet can be summed up as a study between two things...

People doing the right thing for the wrong reasons (Maati) vs.

People doing the wrong thing for the right reasons (Otah). 

It really is just a phenomenal way to comment on morality and how that relates to our natural environment. It is one of my all time favorite series. 

But... now I'm going disagree with everyone - including the author.

I'm going to say go ahead and read it anyway. Just be aware that it will be hard and you will likely cry bucket-loads. But you will probably end up loving the books more than anyone else in posting here. It might just become your favourite thing ever.

why do we have these should i read a book threads?  ffs kids, just go invest the month or so it takes to read abraham and then discuss the merits.

am accordingly nostalgic for the in what order do i read abercrombie? era.

I can start one for you.  We could include every single short story in the discussion.  

For what it's worth, the 2nd Dagger and Coin book has picked up so much for me that I called my bookstore to make sure the next ones are ready and waiting.

For what it's worth, the 2nd Dagger and Coin book has picked up so much for me that I called my bookstore to make sure the next ones are ready and waiting.

Good thing you did that!

Because once you hit the end you will need to keep reading right away, and that goes doubly so for when you finish the third book!

Good thing you did that!

Hidden Content

Sweet!.  I am about 2/3 through and seriously wanted to stay up later but for work.  Sadly,  my book store may take a week to get the next ones, so suffering awaits.

Sweet!.  I am about 2/3 through and seriously wanted to stay up later but for work.  Sadly,  my book store may take a week to get the next ones, so suffering awaits.

Go electronic... You can have he next book in minutes, and you will save tons of room in your house. Plus, you can read it on your phone when you step away from the house.

For the record, I have decided to stick with to the end. I'm still waiting for the second book to come in the mail, but despite how upset I am with things, I am really looking forward to continuing.

But... now I'm going disagree with everyone - including the author.

I'm going to say go ahead and read it anyway. Just be aware that it will be hard and you will likely cry bucket-loads. But you will probably end up loving the books more than anyone else in posting here. It might just become your favourite thing ever.

Thanks for the encouragement! This post really makes me look forward to the next books.

Archived