This Watch, Watched, and Watching Thread? I like it. ANOTHER

AndyBaelish

Watched Joy and Spectre. The latter was exactly as bad as people said it was, the former...not. 

DOR makes movies that, you either seem to buy into their charm and love, or have disdain for. I seem to bounce back and forth.  Disliked American Hustle, enjoyed Joy (sigh) despite whatever problems it may have had.

Spectre was just...ugh. 

I finished Bloodline the other day and really enjoyed it. Any other Netflix Original I should check out? I've seen House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Jessica Jones, Narcos, and Daredevil.

I like Lillyhammer.. its also one with a weird premise but closer to a comedy. Even better if you've seen and like the Sopranos (though they're not alike). Haven't seen Beasts of No Nation but it fits your list (and is movie length in duration).

I finished Bloodline the other day and really enjoyed it. Any other Netflix Original I should check out? I've seen House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Marco Polo, Jessica Jones, Narcos, and Daredevil.

Sense 8 was good.

Peaky Blinders, The Killing, Happey Valley. I don't think/know if they're actually a Netflix originals, but they list them like they are. All very good though, if you haven't seen them already.

Edit - They aren't originals, Netflix is just the exclusive US distributor.

Does anyone know when Macbeth is supposed to come out on Amazon Prime? I just read that that was the plan sometime after it was shown in theaters and I'd really like to check it out.

I like Lillyhammer.. its also one with a weird premise but closer to a comedy. Even better if you've seen and like the Sopranos (though they're not alike). Haven't seen Beasts of No Nation but it fits your list (and is movie length in duration).

Sense 8 was good.

Peaky Blinders, The Killing, Happey Valley. I don't think/know if they're actually a Netflix originals, but they list them like they are. All very good though, if you haven't seen them already.

Edit - They aren't originals, Netflix is just the exclusive US distributor.

Does anyone know when Macbeth is supposed to come out on Amazon Prime? I just read that that was the plan sometime after it was shown in theaters and I'd really like to check it out.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've seen The Killing. I'm going to start Sense8.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've seen The Killing. I'm going to start Sense8.

Episode one is a bit heavy handed and clumsy at times but I would try a few episodes before making your mind up as it definitely improves

Flesh and Bone. I only heard about it on a greek site a couple of days ago, I watched the first episode, I was hooked and I'm now on episode 5. Too bad it's only going to be that one season. I love the dancing, I love all the darkness... way too dark at some places, it makes me cringe. But it's not stopping me from watching.

The Revenant tomorrow. Have heard mixed things which is disappointing. I'm getting a Watchmen-type vibe from the reviews -- something long and visually stunning but perhaps drags on a bit too much and lacks emotion throughout.

Hope I'm wrong. If not, still haven't seen Hateful 8 and Tarantino cannot fail for me.

The Revenant is fantastic. Don't see how anyone could claim it lacks emotion. It hit me in the feels quite a bit. 

H8 is good too, but The Revenant is the best film of the year for me.

Flesh and Bone. I only heard about it on a greek site a couple of days ago, I watched the first episode, I was hooked and I'm now on episode 5. Too bad it's only going to be that one season. I love the dancing, I love all the darkness... way too dark at some places, it makes me cringe. But it's not stopping me from watching.

Agreed, solid tv though.

The Revenant is fantastic. Don't see how anyone could claim it lacks emotion. It hit me in the feels quite a bit. 

H8 is good too, but The Revenant is the best film of the year for me.

I just posted about the Revenant over in its own thread, but I don't hold that opinion at all. It may have contained a great story, and superb acting, but the director was terrible. He might as well have just stood in front of the camera himself and screamed "Look at me" for the entire film. 

I just posted about the Revenant over in its own thread, but I don't hold that opinion at all. It may have contained a great story, and superb acting, but the director was terrible. He might as well have just stood in front of the camera himself and screamed "Look at me" for the entire film. 

Inarritu is such a pretentious, self-important gasbag.

I watched Jackie Brown yesterday. It's enjoyable but my least favorite of Tarantino's movies. .

Ahhh this opinion always hurts my heart :( Jackie Brown is my favorite Tarantino movie for many reasons. My favorite Samuel L Jackson performance with my favorite Tarantino scene (when Robbie picks up Beaumont), one of the best soundtracks to any movie and Tarantinos most real characters imo. At first I was like wtf did Tarantino do with De Niro here, what a fuckin waste. But everytime I rewatch I appreciate the performance more. Love that movie 

l watched Finchers The Game, it was a wild ride but man it was hard to suspend disbelief for a lot of it, definitely my least favorite Fincher I've watched. 

Seeing The Revenant today.

Ahhh this opinion always hurts my heart :( Jackie Brown is my favorite Tarantino movie for many reasons. My favorite Samuel L Jackson performance with my favorite Tarantino scene (when Robbie picks up Beaumont), one of the best soundtracks to any movie and Tarantinos most real characters imo. At first I was like wtf did Tarantino do with De Niro here, what a fuckin waste. But everytime I rewatch I appreciate the performance more. Love that movie 

I agree that the performances and score were great, but I was never particularly invested in any of it. Basterds remains my favorite.

Watched the first 2 episodes and I'm digging it. Going to watch some more today.

good, I know some people found it a bit slow to begin with, although I enjoyed it from the off. What I meant about heavy-handed mess was stuff like

The whole "we don't take gun victims at this hospital" thing, which seemed weird to me (from a non-US perspective) and when I asked others said no, that's not an actual thing

My favourites ended up being Riley and Lito

Archived