After reading George's overview letter things get creepy

dRagonese

GRRM originally intended Arya to stay at the Wall and go North, not off the Braavos. He has I think totally changed direction for her.  Sansa too was supposed to marry Joffrey and have his kid (actually a much better story line than the one he gave her). Jaime was not supposed to be redeemed. Tyrion captured Winterfell not Bolton.

If anything, I feel like the Jon/Arya hints actually increase as the books progress. Jon compares ygritte to Arya in book 2/3 and almost everyone reminds him of Arya. ADwD spend a lot of time on the Jon/Arya relationship (more than AGoT) leading to Jon getting shanked for wanting to save Arya from Ramsay. If we substitute the Tyrion from the original outline with Ramsay, we may yet be on track for a Jon/Arya romance...

Crap, I never thought about Ramsey being the new Tyrion.  But at the same time, the fact that it is really Jeyne Poole may show that even though GRRM kinda/sorta is keeping with the same theme, it's still altered never-the-less.

I do think he's building them up for an eventual reunion, but I just don't think the romance part is in the future plans.  A lot of the dialogue (from what I can recall off the top of my head) doesn't seem to indicate romance, at least to me.  It will be interesting when the two meet back up, though...I'm more curious *how* they will meet back up personally.

If anything, I feel like the Jon/Arya hints actually increase as the books progress. Jon compares ygritte to Arya in book 2/3 and almost everyone reminds him of Arya. ADwD spend a lot of time on the Jon/Arya relationship (more than AGoT) leading to Jon getting shanked for wanting to save Arya from Ramsay. If we substitute the Tyrion from the original outline with Ramsay, we may yet be on track for a Jon/Arya romance...

I agree with this. the author has been pushing their relationship and "beating it into our heads" in every book so far. If he wasn't going to do anything with them, he would have stopped emphasizing their love a while ago. The main problem is Arya's age. The childrens' ages have been an issue for a while, and Arya hitting puberty has specifically been deemed important.

I strongly believe Arya and Jon will meet again, most likely at the battle for mankind at the trident. I just hope they aren't lovers at any point, like someone else stated after growing number up together and having a strong brother sister relationship it would just be weird.

Jon clearly has some very strong feelings for Arya, and there is certainly potential for an affair there, but I don't see it being realized in the story. George deliberately decided that Arya would not go to the Wall and see Jon again, and he decided to have her suffer a lot of different traumas. Whether Arya is still even capable of romantic love or interested in that whole field isn't even clear. Right now I think all Jon could be for is a symbol of their (lost) family and her own lost humanity. He could help her regain that but that doesn't mean that they will be attracted to each other romantically.

I have a question, I read what happened in the outline on here(I could be wrong), but didn't in the outline Arya and Jon have this weird attraction, but felt it was wrong because they were "brother" and "sister" and that's why they didn't go through with their relationship? Until they found out they are actually cousins?

If that is true, then it wouldn't make sense that the relationship for Jon and Arya, in the song of ice and fire, to jump ship into a tragic love thing right? Because they had the strong brother-sister relationship and not the "weird attraction to my brother/sister" thing.

I am just wondering because I did not read the Outline. As you can see my from Icon you can see who I ship (LOL) 

You can find the full text as part of the OP for Heresy 180 over on the Dance with Dragons page

Archived