On Tywin's death

Ygrain

GRRM has been setting up Tyrion vs Tywin for three books. Finding out that his father and brother lied to him about Tysha is the straw that breaks Tyrion's sanity, and finding Shae in Tywin's bed forces him beyond that point. It fits, thematically, and with the characters of both father and son. There is no need for extra murderers or poisoners, though I will agree that if you MUST have a poisoner, then Oberyn makes more sense than Varys.

Though I gotta ask, why? Why would we find out three books after the fact that Oberyn killed Tywin? Considering all the plots that are still ongoing while getting more and more complicated, isn't it nice to know that GRRM can bring something to a satisfying conclusion?

Who says we will ever find out in the series?

I personally think, other that GRRM confirming it after the series over, we will never have any actual in series resolution to it.

And that is fine, think about how many things happen in life that may or not happen that you have no idea about. So Tyrion never knows that his (adoptive) father was poisoned before me shot him. So?

He's leaving. He's not hanging around to face a trial. 

Not really. There is still a huge difference if he is perceived as a traitorous but largely harmless eunuch, or as a murderer. When we see him kill Kevan, it comes out of blue because no-one ever expected him to get his own hands dirty. Tyrion getting the blame gives Varys the advantage of being underestimated.

Tywin would still be his adoptive father just like Ned is Jon's adoptive father.

Of course he picks up Tywin's traits, he raised him.

As far as Tywin already dying before Tyrion shot him, it makes no difference. 1: We are all already dying, it just a matter of when. 2: He still loosed an arrow into Tywin's gut, that does not change no matter how much time Tywin had left.

And about Tywin not being Tyrion's father, Tyrion still killed his adoptive father and the father of his brother Jaime (who killed Tyrion's father)

But it wouldn´t be the same for me as reader :(

I really, really, really want that Tyrion is Tywin's son and that he is the only culprit here. It makes story far more compelling.

As for this, IDK... It is possible. But, again, I go back to Tyrion and all his chapters that would be tragically obsolete if he wasn't the guilty one for the death of his father.

Same here. I rage everytime someone states Tyrion is a Targaryen as if the silliness was true.

Archived