Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, (making the) 8. [The Seven was cursed]

JonCon's Red Beard

I'm really, really, really excited to read the Wind of Winter. IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!

As we all know, Winter is coming!

1. Release of TWOW.

2. Read twice (4 weeks... - I may be slow... English is my second language).

3. Three months of good findings and discussions.

4. And the great waiting resumes with discussion on "What if person X killed/saved/banged/ignored/warged/made the 8 with person Y?".

1. Release of TWOW.

2. Read twice (4 weeks... - I may be slow... English is my second language).

3. Three months of good findings and discussions.

4. And the great waiting resumes with discussion on "What if person X killed/saved/banged/ignored/warged/made the 8 with person Y?".

I'm looking forward to those three moths :D

I confess I want griffins in this story. From the Connington sigil and the stories of Artys Arryn, we know griffins are present in Westerosi folklore, yet we hear nothing about them as we do direwolves, krakens etc.

Do they exist? Will JonCon get to ride one? Will he then infect it with grayscale? I need the answers to these questions.

Why do the Baratheons have dark hair if they descend directly from Valyrians? Might have been covered somewhere but it's bugging me...

They're at most only half-descended from Valyrians. The other half is the blood of the Storm Kings, who likely had the black hair and blue eyes we see in the Baratheons today. And as JA said, the seed is strong.

That reminds me of the time a writer in another site I won't name held like a sort of panel with eight Asoiaf/GoT fans, all female. And he wrote something like: "So I met up with the ladies to discuss the series. I made the eight, so to speak"

And everyone was (rightfully) pissed and offended in the comments section, and I was just laughing at how inappropriate and tone deaf that guy had been.

This is actually hilarious. :rofl:

A random thought:

I feel like i'm the only Stannis liker who thinks he's dead on the show. :frown5:

I confess that after twoiaf I have no sympathy for those in the riverlands. I've said it before, but it's like moving to tornado alley and being surprised when a tornado rips through. Every time a war breaks out, the riverlands are ravaged. Yet these people willingly live  there and bitch about the war ravaging their land. Also, since I've put this before the board before, everyone can refrain from calling me an asshole. I'm well aware of it.

I confess that after twoiaf I have no sympathy for those in the riverlands. I've said it before, but it's like moving to tornado alley and being surprised when a tornado rips through. Every time a war breaks out, the riverlands are ravaged. Yet these people willingly live  there and bitch about the war ravaging their land. Also, since I've put this before the board before, everyone can refrain from calling me an asshole. I'm well aware of it.

I can understand why people live there it's big and fertile. 

It it sucks that it sees so many battles. 

GRRM constantly keeping Dany and Arya bald bugs me and I don't know why. I'm probably being shallow and have no life so I have time to nitpick at tiny things but it bugs. 

I can't wait for Tommen and Myrcella to die and I feel horrible about wanting it. 

Jon can stay dead. 

Okay, so a couple days ago I started getting Christmas songs stuck in my head. Therefore, I have composed a magnificent musical masterpiece, to be sung to the melody of Twelve Days of Christmas.

On the twelfth day of winter, my true love gave to me:
Twelve heroes seeking,
Eleven zombies rising,
Ten swords at the Tower,
Nine weirwoods watching,
Eight eunuch legions,
Seven Sand Snakes scheming,
Six newborn direwolves,
Five kings at war,
Four Faceless Men,
Three Frey pies,
Two fatal weddings,
And a claim to the Iron Throne!

I wonder why the reaction to the execution of Janos Slynt was not mixed. Even puppy eating slavers receive more sympathy than Poor Slynt. Slynt might deserve death for different reason but killing him for insubordination is one of the most tyrant like action anyone had ever done in the story. While Dany's slaver crucifixion creates so much debates I have never seen debates over this morally questionable action. May be I am fed up with the slaver debates and feels other character's moral choices should be questioned more.

I wonder why the reaction to the execution of Janos Slynt was not mixed. Even puppy eating slavers receive more sympathy than Poor Slynt. Slynt might deserve death for different reason but killing him for insubordination is one of the most tyrant like action anyone had ever done in the story. While Dany's slaver crucifixion creates so much debates I have never seen debates over this morally questionable action. May be I am fed up with the slaver debates and feels other character's moral choices should be questioned more.

The Edd, Fetch me a block moment was so awesome that people don't care what happens next.

Besides, Slynt was a really hated and shit of a character.

Actually this was a perfectly justifiable action. The Night's Watch is a military organization which is on a warlike situation. Jon Snow is the rightful Lord Commander. he ordered a subordinate to perform a vital task. The subordinate disobeyed him first in private and then in public. He openly defied the authority of the commanding officer. That is mutiny and that is a capital offence in most military organizations, especially ones at war

Actually this was a perfectly justifiable action. The Night's Watch is a military organization which is on a warlike situation. Jon Snow is the rightful Lord Commander. he ordered a subordinate to perform a vital task. The subordinate disobeyed him first in private and then in public. He openly defied the authority of the commanding officer. That is mutiny and that is a capital offence in most military organizations, especially ones at war

And I think this law is sick. What if your superior officer is an inexperienced teenager who is sending you to a freezing death.

I perfectly agree with you. It's war. What would the others think if he just lets him do what he wants?

Archived