Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, (making the) 8. [The Seven was cursed]

JonCon's Red Beard

I just finished a reread of Clash of Kings. Now I can't help but have a mental image of Cersei and Tyrion playing a game of checkers on the floor. Nearby Varys and Littlefinger are sitting at a table playing a mean game of chess. 

Enter Young Griff... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Enter Young Griff... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ah young Griff the perfect prince for Sansa... would be Ironic if Littlefinger and Varys end up working together in the end though their "proteges."

Okay, so a couple days ago I started getting Christmas songs stuck in my head. Therefore, I have composed a magnificent musical masterpiece, to be sung to the melody of Twelve Days of Christmas.

On the twelfth day of winter, my true love gave to me:

Twelve heroes seeking,

Eleven zombies rising,

Ten swords at the Tower,

Nine weirwoods watching,

Eight eunuch legions,

Seven Sand Snakes scheming,

Six newborn direwolves,

Five kings at war,

Four Faceless Men,

Three Frey pies,

Two fatal weddings,

And a claim to the Iron Throne!

I really like this song... Three Frey pies! Funny how The Universe of Ice and Fire seeps into our consciousness like this. I constantly quote the books and use analogies based on things that happen in the stories, it's like they are real in my 'reality'. Not sure about anyone else's but...

I really like this song... Three Frey pies! Funny how The Universe of Ice and Fire seeps into our consciousness like this. I constantly quote the books and use analogies based on things that happen in the stories, it's like they are real in my 'reality'. Not sure about anyone else's but...

I do this too! My son is also into ASOIF (he's 13) and we talk about the series a lot and compare it to real life situations. We call it the "Game of Thrones life lesson of the day". I know, I know it actually A song... But is easier to say the other way around. :cheers:

I find Tyrion annoying and feel his very survival up to this point is absurd.

Littlefinger should had been found out by now. He ALWAYS has a plan? I mean really? 

LF adaptability is what makes him so dangerous. You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers.

Why do people refer to Barbrey Dustin as "old" Lady Dustin? While true that she's described as having wrinkles and white hair, she's in her late 30s, pretty much the same as Catelyn and Cersei. She was infatuated with Brandon Stark when she was young and he took her maidenhead, so she must have been in her late teens just before Robert's Rebellion.

But reading some of the ways people refer to her, you'd think she was of an age with Donella Hornwood.

Why do people refer to Barbrey Dustin as "old" Lady Dustin? While true that she's described as having wrinkles and white hair, she's in her late 30s, pretty much the same as Catelyn and Cersei. She was infatuated with Brandon Stark when she was young and he took her maidenhead, so she must have been in her late teens just before Robert's Rebellion.

But reading some of the ways people refer to her, you'd think she was of an age with Donella Hornwood.

I agree but she kinda talks like that about herself too. Like "I'm too old". I guess people have retained that and the image remained.

I am rereading AGOT and I forgot that Ned is angry and annoyed a lot. All that cold rage inside him ... I would say he has some sort of angry issues but then most of time he had some good reason. 

(I am just at the chapter where he arrives at KL and thinks he feels the rage inside him everytime he looks at Sansa's face ... the start of the end of Nedbert :crying:)

Two times already I wanted to write "backfire" and I wrote" backfyre". Idem when I wanted to write Rachel and ended up writing "Rhachel".

I want to take English courses this summer and I'm afraid that I'm going to embarrass myself by writing Jon or instead of John or using one of the westerosi proverbs.

those people are fools, she's totally hott. A confession of mine 

love me some Lady Dustin :wub:

I know what's the best way to survive the show spoiling the books:

Tyrion? Dany? JOn? Pffff... move away, walking spoilers!!! Stop caring for the main characters and switch your enthusiasms for Arianne, Aegon and Jon Connington.

Seriously... no matter how much the show kills everything, they won't tell us the fate of them.

I'm safe :D:D:D:D

(I'll be on vacations for a while, take care and see you in the year of the monkey!*)

nDehF2Y.png

((I'll check to open a threat if we need one))

Archived