Mass shooting in San Bernandino

Mexal

After the dead and wounded, the saddest part is that this kind of thing is no longer shocking. I generally just give out a long sigh when this type of thing happens again.

Another thing that generally happens is that a certain segment of the population always says it's too soon to "politicize" this type of tragedy. Well, is it okay to start debating the Planned Parenthood shooting now?

Heartbreaking :(

We are up to 352 mass shootings for the year

eta: not counting today, I counted 446 dead (at the mass shooting tracker page).  next time I hear anyone say "4 American lives were lost" I am will certainly be countering with "446* American lives were lost!"

After the dead and wounded, the saddest part is that this kind of thing is no longer shocking.

On a personal level, after Sandy Hooks, I really cannot be shocked any more by these mass shootings. If we, as a society, cannot be galvanized into doing something productive to reduce the frequency of these tragedies after that, then what hope is there in seeing meaningful actions resulting from any other mass shooting tragedies?

I expect at some point Obama will just walk down that hall to that podium, look around at the reporters and be like "Again! And fucking nothing! Fuck all of you!" and walk off.

Yup. There goes another one. Ho hum the new normal.

This one is a little more disgusting than usual because it appears to have happened at a medical center for people with developmental disabilities.

And has anyone heard if they guys have been caught/killed?

On a personal level, after Sandy Hooks, I really cannot be shocked any more by these mass shootings. If we, as a society, cannot be galvanized into doing something productive to reduce the frequency of these tragedies after that, then what hope is there in seeing meaningful actions resulting from any other mass shooting tragedies?

I've used this Dan Hodges quote more times than I care to think of; after every mass shooting that makes the news:

In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.

Probably little hope. I have some hope that we can try to understand why this keeps happening** and who profits from there being no change.

**My theory on these mass shootings is that there is a sense of loss of power by those that keep perpetrating these shootings. The country keeps changing and they are threatened by that.

I've used this Dan Hodges quote more times than I care to think of; after every mass shooting that makes the news:

In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.

Me too. I just can't even with this shit anymore.

Yeah I'm there now. Desensitized like many in the country it seems. Only feeling disgust, if I think about it being the holiday season maybe I feel a twinge, but that really shouldn't make a difference.

So sad for all those involved.

Just post the fucking Onion article once it's updated again by only changing the name of the location.

Fez and Xray:

That's exactly my point.

More and more, I think the only way to get gun control laws enacted will be for this type of tragedy to strike at country clubs and bank headquarters. The lives of others simply just don't matter.

Archived