Un-stealing an Identity

Myshkin

So hypocritically what should a gorgeous identity thief do if, while contemplating how best to affect a return to self, they were to discover that SOME ASSHOLE HAD STOLE?

Hypocritically...WWDBD?

Also, are you really certain it was an asshole? That seems like rash judgement. 

I would never steal an identity. It's wrong, it's risky (good point, Myshkin) and also it's wrong. So the mentality of someone who would do something like this completely foreign to me. 

That said I know this one guy who went down that road. I think he's still haunted by the universal acclaim, the book deal, the zero repercussions. And the victim? I hear he later he became a perpetrator himself.

It's all so chilling.

Hypocritically...WWDBD?

Also, are you really certain it was an asshole? That seems like rash judgement. 

Hypothetically if the asshole isn't an asshole she should really let it be known before it's too late for the gorgeous original identity thief to call off the nuclear option which he or she might have already set into motion.

I would never steal an identity. It's wrong, it's risky (good point, Myshkin) and also it's wrong. So the mentality of someone who would do something like this completely foreign to me. 

That said I know this one guy who went down that road. I think he's still haunted by the universal acclaim, the book deal, the zero repercussions. And the victim? I hear he later he became a perpetrator himself.

It's all so chilling.

So you're saying that all this hypothetical horror may be directly related to that first long ago board identity thief? 

And let me just add one more thought in the thread while I'm on a role:  I've come to appreciate Gotye even more since the creation of that chart.

The old tests that we used to determine EQ and SQ (empathizing quotient and systematizing quotient) are no longer available. But I took this combined one, and scored relatively closely (still within the veggie grindcore zone) to what I got with the old tests. 

http://personality-testing.info/tests/EQSQ.php

ETA: As always, ninja'd by my better self! :)

am on the chart but can't recall what the test was? 

The tests were to determine empathy quotient and systematizing quotient (the original thread was about how EQ could affect what kinds of entertainment you'd prefer). Kalbear and Aoife used Science! to determine each person's musical preference. The justifications of same are tough to suss out of the old thread, though, because the database import lost a bunch of those posts.

I'm still shocked that I was deemed to have low empathy. I thought my sociopathic nature helped me to fake empathy pretty convincingly. I must have been too honest with the test.

Any good research on how test results vary for interviews vs. responding to a list of questions by yourself? I know it has a big effect in polling, e.g. Trump support is much lower of respondents have to admit it out loud to another person.

Edit: I just did a re-take and still got E:28, S:60.

i could never successfully steal an identity cause the cloud of herbal smoke haloing around my head would be a dead bust...

:smoking:

The old tests that we used to determine EQ and SQ (empathizing quotient and systematizing quotient) are no longer available. But I took this combined one, and scored relatively closely (still within the veggie grindcore zone) to what I got with the old tests. 

http://personality-testing.info/tests/EQSQ.php

ETA: As always, ninja'd by my better self! :)

well i took the test and am below average in both eq (27) and sq (31)...guess this means i am really just head-banging through life smoking weed, drinking booze and talking ten miles of shit...

...:cheers: to me

Archived