Upcoming Cover Art VII

AncalagonTheBlack

38 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Really like the John Howe covers but I which Subpress had made these editions worth my while by having Howe do interior illustrations. That would have finished the deal, especially with Howe on Farseer.

9 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Yes, I like the Bodard cover, more so than the other version I've seen.

And yet another cover for Hobb's books? That's, what, third or fourth now?

8 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh we have to be way past 3rd or 4th for Hobb at this point. Those are pretty good though, I've seen some truly butt ugly covers.

It beats the awful ones with Fitz standing on the front. Sorry, I really hate those (think they are the US covers, how unfortunate for you :P)

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I think it's fantastic.  Very foreboding.  I really need to get around to reading her books.

I read the House of Shattered Wings last year, which had a good concept and some interesting characters, but as a whole didn't quite come together. Not terrible though. And I recently started her Blood and Obsidian series, which I really enjoy and has the bonus of being different from the usual medieval Europe inspired fantasy (it's Aztec-y type stuff)

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I read the House of Shattered Wings last year, which had a good concept and some interesting characters, but as a whole didn't quite come together. Not terrible though. And I recently started her Blood and Obsidian series, which I really enjoy and has the bonus of being different from the usual medieval Europe inspired fantasy (it's Aztec-y type stuff)

I have all of those on kindle... for at least 3-4 years. I bought them before I even bought the kindle because they were all on special for $2-3. I keep meaning to read them, but they're buried so far back in my kindle queue that I always forget about them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived